Otha Peters to Transfer?

NLOI website.

National Letter of Intent Home Page

NLI Provision 6 indicates a student may be completely released from his or her NLI obligation, including the one-year Basic Penalty, with approval from the original signing institution. The institution must indicate its decision of “Complete Release” on the NLI Release Request Form. The NLI Policy and Review Committee or the Division I Review Committee will consider appeals for relief from the NLI Basic Penalty when the signing institution denies a student’s request for a “Complete Release.” The Committee will evaluate the extenuating circumstances presented by a petitioning student prior to rendering its decision.

is he a STUDENT yet??
just asking MZTerry

I don't see why, Aaron Douglas used that method to go to Alabama and now Darrington Sentimore did the same thing to get to us and they won't have to sit out.

I don't know all the rules but I'm pretty sure the difference is they graduated. If Peters went to JUCO he would have to graduate which would probably take 2 years. I don't think he could go to JUCO for one. Douglas and Sentimore already had some credit so they graduated in a year. Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

he would NOT have to sit out a year based on circumstances. if he does it before graduation the NLI / LOI would be like an annulment. never happen, and thats how we should be if UT ended up his school of choice again.

MzTerry, I'm assuming that Arkansas will not let him out of his LOI, and therefore the Juco rule would apply, as I interpret it.

There are several sites that almost go out of their way to point out that coaching changes are not extenuating circumstances, therefore his chances of winning an appeal would be almost nil.

Personally, I think he should honor his commitment to Arkansas.

I love how Arkansas coaches told Otha that UT's coaches would not be there much longer and now look who has no head coach... Karma *****!!

Reactions: 2 people
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He's not the only one to buy what Petrino was selling. Much wiser grown men did too.

I love all of the idiots on this thread bashing him for his decision to go to UA. I'm sure you guys never made any questionable decisions when you were 17 or 18 years old.

MzTerry, I'm assuming that Arkansas will not let him out of his LOI, and therefore the Juco rule would apply, as I interpret it.

There are several sites that almost go out of their way to point out that coaching changes are not extenuating circumstances, therefore his chances of winning an appeal would be almost nil.

Personally, I think he should honor his commitment to Arkansas.

But you have quite a few players trying to get out of there. I agree that you should commit to the school.. we did, but everybody isn't like us. :loco:

I see him getting out of it myself.

Reactions: 5 people
But you have quite a few players trying to get out of there. I agree that you should commit to the school.. we did, but everybody isn't like us. :loco:

I see him getting out of it myself.

Do you know something that we don't know? :)

:birgits_giggle:

:birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::
:cray::nono::nono::nono:

have you been snooping again????

:) just been paying close attention to your comments about this subject over the last couple of days. Am very curious if you know something, but I know you wouldn't say if you did; therefore, I won't ask. For the record I hope you do know something.... :):):)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He was also "All Vol" just before he signed with ARK.

Personally, I hope he gets out of his LOI and is wearing orange this fall. We need him.

Reactions: 4 people
I just don't see the school or the NCAA letting him out of his LOI. Unless Peters makes a stink of it and it further embarrasses Arky and they wont release him.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back