We are blessed to have Dooley!

Let's watch the product on the field, vs put a number on it. If we win 8, but lose 3 on crazy plays or long fgs, and the product on the field is solid, it would be stupid to fire the coach based of the W/L record.
If we win 8, but the product sucks, then we need to reevaluate.

Not unreasonable. But, if we win 3 and lose 8 by a total of 8 points, not sure that is very good.

Last edited:
I love how people think I was a "negavol" from the start.

I gave Dooley a chance in '10 and '11. Prior to last year I even made a thread that got a ton of love around here from Dooley Nation called "Phase 1 complete" that highlighted Dooley bringing back respect and pride for the program on a national scale as far as recruiting and player/coach behavior were concerned. I'm not certain what I actually wrote in the post, but it was very positive and I was looking forward to 2011. I was disappointed with the way '10 ended with Dooley's game day coaching being subpar at best. The best examples I can think of are the LSU debacle, the UNC game winning drive in the Music City Bowl that we basically gave them, and basically laying down for our biggest rivals.

Fast forward to 2011 and nothing changed. Yes, we got bit by the injury bug so I can excuse the win/loss ratio to some degree. But as a coach his preparation and game day coaching got worse. You can see it on the players face and on the coach's face. It was a lost cause. Against Arkansas, Kentucky, and to some degree Vandy - the players just were not prepared and Dooley looked like a deer in headlights on the sideline.

Going back to his days at La. Tech he has NEVER shown that he can win on a consistent basis. NEVER. There is no other fan base in the world of football that would ever consider giving this guy 4 years (if year 3 is a disaster like year 1 and 2) besides us. And when I say "us" you know who you are. He's a decent recruiter and decent organizer. But that's about as far as it goes for his positives as a coach.

If you guys are happy with mediocrity that's fine with me, but if we only get 5, 6, even 7 wins next year I'll be the first on the hill screaming for his head. No excuses. No excuses with this explosive offense and a defensive genius running the show form the box. No excuses with a junior QB and 1st round talent at the WR position. No excuses with the speed on defense. No excuses.

Last edited:
Not unreasonable. But, if we win 3 and lose 8 by a total of 8 points, not sure that is very good.

Probably not. But what if our kickers missed 8 25 yd fgs to win the games?
Just sayin. People that know football will know what is on the field and we'll know which side of the fence to be on during the season.

And continuing to talk about previous years, all the way back to la tech, in regards to the prospects of 2012 season shows stubbornness and ignorance.

I am a hopeful and generally positive guy here... but DD has had plenty of time to find a kicker. If FG's are the reason for 8 losses then DD definitely has to go. That would be gross incompetence.

I am a hopeful and generally positive guy here... but DD has had plenty of time to find a kicker. If FG's are the reason for 8 losses then DD definitely has to go. That would be gross incompetence.

I think the General would agree with you.

General Neyland that is.

I am positive he will fail. That was easy.

Maybe you could lay out your resume in order for us to have an idea whether you are a credible judge or not.

I, for one, think he is a very good person, and will prove to be a very good coach.

He has certainly handled an almost impossible situation very well. Doubt there are many, if any, out there who could have done better under the circumstances.

Classy guy and I think he represents the university well. Coaching is debatable as of this moment but I expect great things. Blessed is a tad excessive but I am happy to have him and I support him as long as he is head coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Classy guy and I think he represents the university well. Coaching is debatable as of this moment but I expect great things. Blessed is a tad excessive but I am happy to have him and I support him as long as he is head coach.

but what do you think about the PANTS?

Well, of course, the pants and the hair are untouchable. I'm pretty sure the hair defies gravity and logic.

If he doesn't make it coaching or in the courtroom, he is the perfect pitchman for hair care products. He would be the next Billy Mays.....

And yes, his hair laughs at Sir Isaac Newton....

VN Store

Back