Our hard times are coming to an end

With the implosion at UFg and the firing of Bobby Petrino, along with the near-miss with Da'Rick, it looks like the Vols have finally managed to move away from the crosshairs of the curse we've been under for the last few years. The curse seems to have found fresh meat: UFg and Arkansas.

Consider: Two strong classes. We finally have upperclassmen and (some) depth. We have a coach who is intent on building an actual, long-term program. We have the personnel to run the 3-4 and our running game is looking up. We have arguably the best receiving corps in college football and one of the top quarterbacks.

Has the curse lifted?

I think yes. Prepare for better times.

Hallelujah. Go Vols.

bold prediction....dont jinx volnation

when florida mails it in against kentucky because they don't give a damn about playing in a bowl game, don't give a damn about beating kentucky, and are hungover from celebrating their only conference win of the season (at home in overtime over vanderbilt), then i will consider the program broken.

when florida fans talk about another program being "broken" that florida can't beat when we've had 4 losing seasons in 7 years, then i will consider the program broken.

when vanderbilt goes bowling and florida doesn't, then i will consider the program broken.

ouch

for what?

The article was a hit piece, poorly written, sourced ultimately to a disgruntled player, and nothing in it referenced any sort of ncaa misconduct, anyway.

Your frustration with being a perma-second tier program in the sece isn't going to be cured by hoping against hope that your competition gets in trouble on some conjured up nothing.

Look, i'm no fan of meyer but that's because he stopped recruiting and left the cupboard bare for his replacement. I am also on record on this site for years as bemoaning meyer's lack of discipline of players when it came to serious offenses.

But just calling him mean or a jerk just doesn't cut it.

Butthead Meyer.jpg

when florida mails it in against kentucky because they don't give a damn about playing in a bowl game, don't give a damn about beating kentucky, and are hungover from celebrating their only conference win of the season (at home in overtime over vanderbilt), then i will consider the program broken.

when florida fans talk about another program being "broken" that florida can't beat when we've had 4 losing seasons in 7 years, then i will consider the program broken.

when vanderbilt goes bowling and florida doesn't, then i will consider the program broken.

You said yourself, Florida continues to "rope" in top 5 classes so when a roster full of 4 and 5 star talent finishes 6-6 in the regular season, I would call that broken. You're acting like the 2011 Vols were the worst team ever and your 2011 squad finished 1 game better then they did and had a much better roster. In the words of bassman, you sir are a sunshine pumper!!

Reactions: 1 person
You said yourself, Florida continues to "rope" in top 5 classes so when a roster full of 4 and 5 star talent finishes 6-6 in the regular season, I would call that broken. You're acting like the 2011 Vols were the worst team ever and your 2011 squad finished 1 game better then they did and had a much better roster. In the words of bassman, you sir are a sunshine pumper!!

Well he is a fan of the sunshine state, so.........

Florida= New Underachivers of the East?
Can you Dig It?!!! Haha

Actually, I said it.

And that was with talent that came nowhere close to qualifying as a Top 5 recruiting class. In fact, if memory serves, we played that season with 13 open scholarships.

So with about the most mediocre team we've had in a decade, and prior to the haul of talent we got coming in this year, we beat you. Again.

Put it this way: If you can't lock up a W against the Gators in 2012, at home, the streak might go on for a bit.

(P.S., I think you do get the W this year. But if you don't? Could be awhile.)

bold prediction....dont jinx volnation

It's not really a prediction, as far as wins/losses.

It's a simple observation, that I feel the curse has moved on to other teams, and that our hard times are coming to an end.

Da'rick staying was the turning point. Going by our luck the last four or five years, it should have been a done deal that he was leaving. He stayed.

I felt the cloud lift.

Then, within a week, Petrino does his thing, and the media starts writing about how Florida is broken

I saw the sunshine. I think we're coming out of a dark tunnel of unbelievable bad luck.

Now if we can just get rid fo the negavols and Florida Gator and Kentucky trolls, we'll be okay.

:the_finger:
Actually, I said it.

And that was with talent that came nowhere close to qualifying as a Top 5 recruiting class. In fact, if memory serves, we played that season with 13 open scholarships.

So with about the most mediocre team we've had in a decade, and prior to the haul of talent we got coming in this year, we beat you. Again.

Put it this way: If you can't lock up a W against the Gators in 2012, at home, the streak might go on for a bit.

(P.S., I think you do get the W this year. But if you don't? Could be awhile.)

Break Yo'self Fool. It's gonna be a bumpy ride for your Slimmy Swap Ass. Ya Dig?!!! :the_finger:

Now if we can just get rid fo the negavols and Florida Gator and Kentucky trolls, we'll be okay.

I'm working on that. I could use some help. Basically, anytime one of our resident trolls (you know who they are) posts a 'concern-troll' thread, just go into it and make the discussion about them and how they're trolls.

Call them out. And no matter what, REFUSE to discuss they topic they brought up. Don't defend against their obvious trolling. Simply make the conversation about THEM, and they're trolling ways.

It works.

:dance2:

CDD has us back on the right road.

Now we're starting to climb back up the mountain to the SEC East

Championship and beyond but it may take us another year or 2 since the SEC mountain is higher and tougher to reach the peak but the climb back is beginning.

This season floriDUHHH and some others go down in defeat and then we'll keep building until all the others again fear our Tennessee Vols.

VFL...GBO!!!

Just because a fan does not like the coach, doesn't mean he is not a true fan. Im on the fence about Dooley and that is where everybody should be. Nobody should be saying he needs to be fired because we don't know yet for sure, but then again, nobody needs to be saying he is gonna be here for 20 years because we don't know that either. It is purely wait and see with Derek Dooley.

I personally believe he stands a better chance if he sees that the fans are actually behind him instead of trying to crucify him. He actually has some talent and depth at places that he didn't last year.

gator trolls r iz trolls.

Some people might buy your little act trying to be legit, but most of us know what you are.

Take it somewhere else.

This.

Some of these UT fans here don't see it that way. They always say the change is coming... Next thing you know, all of the above facts are true.

UT is broken. Not sure if it will be fixed any time soon.

Just because a fan does not like the coach, doesn't mean he is not a true fan. Im on the fence about Dooley and that is where everybody should be. Nobody should be saying he needs to be fired because we don't know yet for sure, but then again, nobody needs to be saying he is gonna be here for 20 years because we don't know that either. It is purely wait and see with Derek Dooley.

Don't think that the post you are replying too said that he would be here 20 years. I think what they were saying is the same feeling that all of us but a few are saying: We want the VOLS to be so good that CDD is here for 25 years. i.e. he maintains a VERY GOOD team for the next 25 years.

But, you are obviously a recent clone of one of the negavols on this site that want CDD gone so I don't expect you and your alter egos to understand that.

Don't think that the post you are replying too said that he would be here 20 years. I think what they were saying is the same feeling that all of us but a few are saying: We want the VOLS to be so good that CDD is here for 25 years. i.e. he maintains a VERY GOOD team for the next 25 years.

But, you are obviously a recent clone of one of the negavols on this site that want CDD gone so I don't expect you and your alter egos to understand that.

How is he a negavol?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back