Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darr is punting better, he has shortened up his steps & is getting the ball off his foot quicker.

FG's have no consistency. (don't forget that our long snapper is hurt & we have a new holder, that might have something to do w/ it)

Is Palardy still doing double duty (kicking and punting) With the tee now at the 35, the coaches can let Palardy kick as deep into or through the end zone as he can without worrying about getting height for the kick coverage, so he doesn't need much work there. With Darr punting better, I hope Palardy is getting most of his work on place kicking. I think Palardy could still live up to his potential if the coaches would/could let him concentrate on the uprights. He has the leg.

Palardy has got to learn to get the ball up off the ground quicker. He has the leg, and his accuracy seems good, on misses (when it's not blocked) he doesn't miss by much. He can be good. Just needs more consistency. The missed extra point in the scrimmage was really disappointing news.

I think our offense is going to be deadly with the 3 Wr 2 TE set of Hunter, Rogers, Patterson, Rivera, and Clear. Rivera and Clear are match up problems for any LB and I don't think I need to say much about the other 3 guys. Expecting HUGE numbers from this offense. Please no injuries.

As for the Defense, I think Sal will have these cats ready to play. However much of the playbook he has in by the season, he will have them playing it smart, fast, and disciplined. He preaches that. We're gonna need a few guys step up on the DLine. Most importantly McCullers is going to have to come in ready to play. Our DLine has the potential to be very good. Should be able to generated a lot of double teams and pressure to free up our stud LBs. I think solely bc of our DLine that our defense will be a very pleasant surprise this year.

Our biggest enemy next year = injury

One or two key ones esp on D and we are in deep dookie

Tino Thomas has been working at Saftey according to Coach Conklin.

I think that's a good fit for him, he is easily 6'0" 200lbs. I saw a pic on 247 of him & he is probably our 2nd biggest Saftey behind Randolph.

So right now we have Randolph, Moore, Wilks, & Thomas working at Saftey w/ McNeil expected to be here in June to get into the mix.

I also hope that once Hunter can take contact & the WR signees get on campus that they move Blanc to Saftey too. I think he has better long term potential at Saftey.

Best things I've read is Jac Smith is playing better. And the defense was getting free on some pass plays with some blitzes. I also like how Sunseri plans on using Maggitt. Read to where Dooley said our WRs were having trouble getting off the press coverage. That's music to my ears. I do wish Tino was still at CB though. I like his size/speed ratio out on the edge more than safety.

Tino Thomas has been working at Saftey according to Coach Conklin.

I think that's a good fit for him, he is easily 6'0" 200lbs. I saw a pic on 247 of him & he is probably our 2nd biggest Saftey behind Randolph.

So right now we have Randolph, Moore, Wilks, & Thomas working at Saftey w/ McNeil expected to be here in June to get into the mix.

I also hope that once Hunter can take contact & the WR signees get on campus that they move Blanc to Saftey too. I think he has better long term potential at Saftey.

I'll go ahead and sound like a broken record, but Blanc is only at WR this spring because of our lack of WR depth. I know not of this "Saftey" position of which you speak, but Blanc will be moved to Safety (or LB depending on how he adds weight).

Best things I've read is Jac Smith is playing better. And the defense was getting free on some pass plays with some blitzes. I also like how Sunseri plans on using Maggitt. Read to where Dooley said our WRs were having trouble getting off the press coverage. That's music to my ears. I do wish Tino was still at CB though. I like his size/speed ratio out on the edge more than safety.

Vols drill at Haslam Field on Vimeo

Here you go, BB. I posted this link in the FB forum yesterday. Live action of practice drills. Jac Smith premieres in the video a few times. The guy is a physical specimen. I really, really hope he has a great year with the tutoring of Sal now.

Here you go, BB. I posted this link in the FB forum yesterday. Live action of practice drills. Jac Smith premieres in the video a few times. The guy is a physical specimen. I really, really hope he has a great year with the tutoring of Sal now.

Thanks for the link.

Do you, or anyone else, think that with Sentimore and an improved Mo Couch the DL will be able to basically at least match the production from Malik last year. I don't anticipate as much of a dropoff as I did a few months ago.

Thanks for the link.

Do you, or anyone else, think that with Sentimore and an improved Mo Couch the DL will be able to basically at least match the production from Malik last year. I don't anticipate as much of a dropoff as I did a few months ago.

That's a good question. I hope Sentimore lives up to the hype. He should, and all signs are pointing to him being very successful thus far. Malik was outstanding last year. His production as an individual will be hard to match. However, as a whole, the DL is better as a group than it was last year. McCullers, Sentimore, an in-shape Couch, and O'Brien will make a big difference. Walls was always undersized at DT like the coaches were looking for, so it's nice to see him not have to fluctuate his weight so much. He can focus on one position now.

That's a good question. I hope Sentimore lives up to the hype. He should, and all signs are pointing to him being very successful thus far. Malik was outstanding last year. His production as an individual will be hard to match. However, as a whole, the DL is better as a group than it was last year. McCullers, Sentimore, an in-shape Couch, and O'Brien will make a big difference. Walls was always undersized at DT like the coaches were looking for, so it's nice to see him not have to fluctuate his weight so much. He can focus on one position now.

Top to bottom they do seem to be a much stronger unit. As far as being able to rotate fresh guys in without too much of a dropoff in talent.

Malik seemed to thrive out on the edge towards the end of last year especially, he was such a disruptive force. I think we will see some of that from Sentimore and hopefully T Taylor as well. I know the scheme may change quite a bit, but we seem to be a lot more versatile and depth is clearly better.

Thanks for posting the video. I'm hoping Jac blossoms in this new scheme as well. I'm looking fwd to Willie Bohannon at this new position also. I think he gets overlooked a little bit. While he may not be the physical specimen 55 is, he is a solid player that I think will provide quality mins and be a leader as one of the few seniors on the D.

Don't muddy up this thread with him. It's a good thread to have over here seeing we talk about the team in half of the threads over here anyways.

This. Not only has this thread produced good discussion, but individual recruiting threads have been a lot less cluttered since this thread started.

Reactions: 2 people
This. Not only has this thread produced good discussion, but individual recruiting threads have been a lot less cluttered since this thread started.

POSTING_IN_A_WONDERTHREAD_6521.jpg

Glad Jordan Williams and Coleman are starting to play well. I think Williams would be hell coming from the Jack position. Coleman may have some of the better tools of the CBs I watched line up for us last year.

Also good to hear that the players love D.Ansley so far. Much easier to play for a coach you like.

Byron Moore and Randolph are the 1's at safety and here's to hoping they gel as pair back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back