Michael Odell (Former WR on Lane Kiffin's squad) AMA on reddit.

I think this guy posted on Volnation a few years back. I remember a guy saying he was a football player from Alaska and a huge UT fan. He said he was going to play for UT.

Nice read! I found the part about the hostesses interesting as it confirms that was just as bad as we thought if not worse.
Also found AD's quote interesting! Props to him!

I wonder how things would be if only Jim Mora Jr. didn't suck as the Seahawk's coach...

We would most likely be dealing with an NCAA investigation and Vol fans would be divided on keep him or fire him. His record would be the determining factor for many. Or, he would have left here after CPC was forced out at USC because of their probation that happened on his watch. Had this been the case he probably would have left more professionally and mattresses would have been spared.

Last edited:
We would most likely be dealing with an NCAA investigation and Vol fans would be divided on keep him or fire him. His record would be the determining factor for many.

He was looking to leave and likely would have. I remember (I think it was LWS) someone saying he reached out to Jeremy Foley when Urban was going to retire the first time and didn't. Imagine how that would have gone over. Not that Foley would have made the move , but if he did and Lane jumped to our rival ... wow. No doubt it would have been worse than him going to SC. I sometimes wonder if Urban knew and didn't want to risk his enemy (at the time) taking his job. I know he said he wouldn't leave UT for any other place but SC , but did you actually believe that? Not me.

First time running through the T, I could've sworn I was in a dream.

Single greatest moment would be running through the T for the first time. Completely unreal and I didn't believe it was happening. You can prepare yourself for it as much as you want but the first time you slap the sign above the locker room and the wave of players in front of you goes forward... Had to pinch myself right before I ran out to see if it was real.

This would have been me.

Last edited:
We would most likely be dealing with an NCAA investigation and Vol fans would be divided on keep him or fire him. His record would be the determining factor for many. Or, he would have left here after CPC was forced out at USC because of their probation that happened on his watch. Had this been the case he probably would have left more professionally and mattresses would have been spared.

We'll never know, but it's still interesting to think about.

What was up with the same 2 answers. What goes on inside of college sports that fans don't know? Was answered with the video game answer.

Excellent thread, Zach. Not a fan of reddit (maybe I'm too old) but that was a great read.

That was a cool read.
Eric Berry wouldve been my last guess on players who read the boards.

and the Rod Wilks stuff was awesome

Last edited:
Very interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

Wish I could run through the T just once. Just once and I'd die a happy man.

VN Store

Back