UFC Thread

I hate Evans too. I don't think there has ever been a fight I've pulled for him in. I always pull for him to get knocked out.

I just don't like the way he fights or the way he acts. There are few fighters I can't stand but he's one of them. Along with Diaz, Sonnen and Bisping. Would have included Lesnar but he apparently retired. I don't believe Diaz will so I included him. Honorable mention, Koscheck and Tito.

I love Sonnen - he should have been a pro wrestler. He knows how to fuel the hype train and get people to either love him or to hate him and I love his gimmick.

The upcoming fight will be one of the few I actually cheer for Rashad Evans. I think that "Bones" Jones is quickly turning into a punk. I just don't like the way he acts at all. Sometimes a gimmick is a gimmick and other times it's not a gimmick and you are really just a huge douche and I think Jones is turning into one. After he choked out Machida standing to just let go of him like that was insanely dangerous. Yeah, its a dangerous sport but he just dropped him while he was out cold and that could have really hurt him bad and he didn't have to do that. He knew what he was doing.

So, for the first and maybe only time I'll say go Rashad.

I like Rashad. Dude is super good. Maybe a little boring. I think he won me over when he was a TUF coach. Rampage was super funny, always chippin' at him trying to get in his head, but Evans can seriously talk crap with the best of them. He's witty and clever, and he backs it up.

I love Sonnen - he should have been a pro wrestler. He knows how to fuel the hype train and get people to either love him or to hate him and I love his gimmick.

The upcoming fight will be one of the few I actually cheer for Rashad Evans. I think that "Bones" Jones is quickly turning into a punk. I just don't like the way he acts at all. Sometimes a gimmick is a gimmick and other times it's not a gimmick and you are really just a huge douche and I think Jones is turning into one. After he choked out Machida standing to just let go of him like that was insanely dangerous. Yeah, its a dangerous sport but he just dropped him while he was out cold and that could have really hurt him bad and he didn't have to do that. He knew what he was doing.

At the same time, it's up to the fighters to protect themselves. It's on Machida for not tapping. If guys tap sooner, everybody is safer. A guy on TUF this season half-tapped, the ref didn't call it, but the guy who thought he won let up and ended up losing the fight. He had the fight won, and then went on to get his brains beat in for a few minutes. You could say Jones was acting in behalf of his best interest by sending a message to future opponents. "Don't be stubborn. Tap."

Not saying I excuse it, or that he gets a pass. I guess I'm just going along with the part of your post where you said it's a dangerous sport.

I was done with Rashad after he grabbed his nuts and taunted Forrest in their fight. I never liked him to begin with, but I instantly hated him after that.

8 yr old didn't tap tuesday night at jiujitsu and got his arm broken in a keylock.

Kid showed up today with a cast and wanted to get back in.

this is what I would like to see on April 21st

Attachments

• rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg
    rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 6

Not his job to keep the other guy from getting hurt. Don't want to get dropped? Don't get caught in a standing guillotine. Is he supposed to gently lay him down and try to revive him? I don't understand the dislike for Jon Jones. I guess people are bothered by how easy he makes it look. Doesn't make sense to me.

Same for guys like the Diaz brothers. It's a fist fight. Why people feel like these guys should be friendly with their opponents is beyond me. I'm sure when Nick Diaz fought Paul Daley, that there was a sizeable contingent of fans who were rooting against Diaz because he's such a "thug." Nevermind the fact that Daley was the guy who actually sucker punched Koshcheck from behind after a fight. A move that got him cut from the UFC. Same goes for the Sonnen/Bisping fight. I know there were people rooting for Bisping to win that fight because they don't like the way Sonnen does things. Forget that Michael Bisping actually spit on Jorge Rivera's corner after their fight.

And for those people who hate Chael Sonnen because of his antics...I hate to tell you, but the dude has done exactly what he set out to do. He's the greatest fight promoter since Ali. Does he actually believe the crap he says? No. It makes me laugh when people get so angry over the stuff he says. He's playing the game better than anyone in the history of MMA and his bank account will reflect that when it's all said and done.

And DownNDirty, that first part was all that was directed toward you. The rest was just general ranting for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Also, who actually gets Fuel TV? I don't and I'm not going to get to see the Sanchez/Ellenberger fight coming up because of it. That should be an exciting fight.

Direct TV carries it. They show alot of old fight telecasts, and also have a weekly UFC show hosted by Todd Harris and Kenny Florian. UFC fans that don't have FuelTV are really missing out.

EPB FI in Chattanooga has added it on Ch 406 as part of xtra sports package for 5$ a month extra. :rock:

I think Ben Henderson is going to give Edgar a really good fight. Sadly I think Penn was a few years too old when he fought Edgar.

NAC: Alistair Overeem

Keith Kizer, Nevada Athletic Commission executive director, told Sherdog.com on Thursday that Overeem’s testosterone to epitestosterone (T/E) ratio was 14-to-1, more than double the allowable 6-to-1 ratio.

Ollie s***!

Mir is replacing Overeem and will face JDS for the title.

Hope JDS stomps him.

BOO on you, Pearl! I love Mir.

lol

I didn't used to mind him but eh, I don't care for him anymore. Too many other heavyweights I like more. Carwin is my favorite. But I like JDS and Cain too. Nog is good, Nelson is fun to watch. Mir just seems a little too arrogant imo.

lol

I didn't used to mind him but eh, I don't care for him anymore. Too many other heavyweights I like more. Carwin is my favorite. But I like JDS and Cain too. Nog is good, Nelson is fun to watch. Mir just seems a little too arrogant imo.

He's definitely arrogant. Honestly, I really started liking Mir when he did the commentary for WEC fights. He was the best commentator of any mma broadcast that I've watched, imo. He's just a very unique HW fighter. He's so dynamic, he can win a fight so many different ways.

I like Mir a lot. He has a heck of a future as a commentator when his fight career is over. The JDS fight is a tricky one for him...as his career has progressed, he's gotten this mentality that he can stand up with anyone, which doomed him against Carwin and almost did so against Nogueira. If he tries to stand with JDS, the fight will be over in the first round...

Looking forward to Jones and Evans tonight. Hope Bones smashes him.

He's definitely arrogant. Honestly, I really started liking Mir when he did the commentary for WEC fights. He was the best commentator of any mma broadcast that I've watched, imo. He's just a very unique HW fighter. He's so dynamic, he can win a fight so many different ways.
I like Mir as well. I became a fan when he tapped Pete Williams from guard with a shoulder lock. No one knew you could finish someone like that. IIRC they call it a Mir Lock now. I would have liked to see his career without having that brutal motorcycle accident. He was my favorite fighter at the time. Anyway, what I'm getting at and being a huge Mir fan. Mir commentary>Mir MMA. He's an outstanding commentator.

Last edited:
I love the way Mir fights. He's flat out dangerous to go against. I agree he can be arrogant but there are few good fighters who aren't.

VN Store

Back