Malik = VFL

Carlitovol

::Straight cash homey::
From Austin Ward's "Observe and Report" Blog in the KNS.

Thought this was pretty cool...

VETERAN PRESENCE
The two guys will never suit up on the same team at UT and they don't even play the same position, but that didn't stop Malik Jackson from taking Justin Meredith under his wing on Tuesday.

Still on campus and a fixture around the program as he prepares for the draft later this month, the former Vols defensive lineman acted as something of an unofficial strength coach for the injured Meredith as the two ran together on the sideline during the open portion of practice.

Meredith's tender hamstring has kept him from doing much with the Vols since arriving as an early enrollee, but the tight end had company pushing through a bit of rehabilitation -- and the somewhat unusual partnership appeared to be a benefit for Jackson as well.
Jackson showed up early for the first scrimmage of spring camp last week at Neyland Stadium decked out in his UT gear and offering words of encouragement to virtually every defensive player he could find. On Tuesday, he extended the same deal to an offensive player he's never actually played with before.

Reactions: 72 people
I love seeing stuff like this... I hope his attitude has a great effect on everyone he is around. I hope the rest of the guys learn from his example. Way to go M. Jackson.

Reactions: 2 people
That was our main senior leader last year, on the field and in the locker room, and he was a transfer.

We are almost out of that phase. I can feel it.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm viewing this as things were happening last year driving the team in the right direction. And it's continuing this year.

"Still on campus and a fixture around the program as he prepares for the draft later this month, the former Vols defensive lineman acted as something of an unofficial strength coach for the injured Meredith as the two ran together on the sideline during the open portion of practice."

^^ :salute:

Year 2025

Former Vol and retired NFL All Pro defensive lineman Malik Jackson was announced today as the new Defensive Line Coach for the Tennessee Volunteers after serving 2 years as a graduate assistant for the team.

See it, believe it....

Players like Jackson and their influence will move UT in the right direction. I always liked him. In part because he chose leave USC (and Kiffin) and come to Tennessee. He was our most dominate and diverse DL for the last two years, and as others have said, I wish we had him all four years of his college career. Still, we were lucky to have such a great guy go through the program. I will be hoping he becomes the next great former Vol DL in the NFL.

Guy is already a vol legend in my book...this just adds to it. I bet he will say UT during his future intro on Monday Night Football instead of his highschool. Malik is VFL!

VN Store

Back