'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per 247 article, Hurd said his recent visit to Tennessee was "really great". He said that Tennessee has always been his #1 college & his family are big Tennessee fans. He thinks we could be close to offering, although if we did that doesn't mean he would automatically commit & that he is going to take his time to pick the right school. He also mentioned that we are recruitng him as a RB right now while a few other schools have mentioned WR.

Per 247 article, Hurd said his recent visit to Tennessee was "really great". He said that Tennessee has always been his #1 college & his family are big Tennessee fans. He thinks we could be close to offering, although if we did that doesn't mean he would automatically commit & that he is going to take his time to pick the right school. He also mentioned that we are recruitng him as a RB right now while a few other schools have mentioned WR.

6'3" RB? I thought Bourque was on the tall side...has there ever been a successful RB that tall and thin?

6'3" RB? I thought Bourque was on the tall side...has there ever been a successful RB that tall and thin?

Eddie George was tall and thin coming out of highschool I think. I know he wasn't high recruited.

I dont think his thinness would be a concern as he just turned 16 and is up to 210 lbs. He height may be a concern though. If he stays the same height, he could project at RB. Yet, if he he gets taller, he would definitely have to switch positions. One of the top recruited backs for 2014 (Scarborough) is 6'2 I believe. Also, wasn't Eric Dickerson 6'3?

I dont think his thinness would be a concern as he just turned 16 and is up to 210 lbs. He height may be a concern though. If he stays the same height, he could project at RB. Yet, if he he gets taller, he would definitely have to switch positions. One of the top recruited backs for 2014 (Scarborough) is 6'2 I believe. Also, wasn't Eric Dickerson 6'3?

He wants to play running back, that's where his heart is at but he's a natural athlete and could play wideout just as effectively as he does runningback. Also he's a pretty smart kid and he won't have any problems qualifying academically.

It appears that they offered him weeks ago, but no one (including the family) knew about it until today?

Lance Thompson is the lead recruiter for him and I read he had started the relationship with him while at UT.

FWIW UA offered him at WR and he seems to be very interested with the idea.

Reactions: 1 person
Clarification. Tennessee offered him weeks ago, but no one knew about it. So yes we have offered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back