List of QB's UT has offered in 2013

This time last year, Peterman wasn't ranked nearly as high as he was at the end. I trust the coaches' evaluations. They'll get the right guy. They don't look at rankings like we do.

Reactions: 1 person
Bray was headed to San Diego St. when they found him and most were very disappoint because of the lack of offers and his 3*. I believe we will end up with another great prospect.

Reactions: 3 people
Can someone explain why McCrary is committed to vandy with offers from UT, uga, Fsu, etc.? Are those offers real or is he getting a check from Franklin?

Dude may be a complete tool, but Franklin has shown he can atleast recruit better than anyone else has at Candy. My guess is that he probably loves people underestimating him too.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Even Peterman was a 3 star until the last few months of his recruitment. He shot up into the top 10 after his Senior season. Theres lots that could play out over the next 10 months.

If this offense puts up enough numbers and wins enough games for TB to be able to leave early, we will have our pick of just about any QB we want. Committed to another school or not. That being said, I would personally put the odds of TB being ready to go at less than 5%. Not because of talent level, but because he just hasn't played enough games against top competition.

There will be plenty of more names pop up. That's how it always works with Qb recruiting, and recruiting in general.

At this time last year nobody had a clue who Nathan Peterman was.

Heck, no one knew who Tyler Bray was around this time a few years ago when he was an upcoming senior.

We don't need a top QB this cycle. Bray, Worley, and Peterman. Peterman looks to be the future and is better than any QB I've seen this class. We have a solid group of 3 at QB. It's just not necessary we get a top 10 QB.

I'm pumped about the guys we have committed so far.. I'm surprised Carr isn't talked about more.. And I just saw where Camion has an offer from bama.. That's saying something.. His highlights are ridiculous too.

Bama wants Camion for CB apparently thats his best position.

We don't need a top QB this cycle. Bray, Worley, and Peterman. Peterman looks to be the future and is better than any QB I've seen this class. We have a solid group of 3 at QB. It's just not necessary we get a top 10 QB.

Agreed.

I mean of course we'd like to get a top QB every year, but with what we have right now, I'll be just fine with getting a solid 3* quarterback with good all around skills and potential.

Top teams should always try to land at least 1 top QB per recruiting year

UT has given out more scholarships than any other school. I don't know how much are comittable. If they can't get a qb they are absolutely in love with, they aren't going to take one IMO.

Not sure if serious.

The kid literally played, what? 2 games? Seriously, if you're gonna judge him off that you got a hole in your screen door friend.

Volnation can up on players after a bad play.. 2 games is far too long...:rock:

Top teams should always try to land at least 1 top QB per recruiting year

I'm sure we are trying. The point I am making is that this QB class is weak, and we have 3 good QBs. Getting one of the best this cycle won't kill us in the long-run.

I'm sure we are trying. The point I am making is that this QB class is weak, and we have 3 good QBs. Getting one of the best this cycle won't kill us in the long-run.

QB is too important to take a "we'll get one next year" mentality. If Bray leaves and Worley/Peterman gets hurt, you're in trouble next year.

I still cannot believe Vandy landed the commitment of the 80th ranked player in the country in McCrary. I understand why Vandy fans like James Franklin, but why anyone outside of Nashville believes in that guy is beyond me.

I still cannot believe Vandy landed the commitment of the 80th ranked player in the country in McCrary. I understand why Vandy fans like James Franklin, but why anyone outside of Nashville believes in that guy is beyond me.

Still a long way till NSD.

QB is too important to take a "we'll get one next year" mentality. If Bray leaves and Worley/Peterman gets hurt, you're in trouble next year.

Lol. I'm not saying we can take some no-name kid with no camps on his record. I'm jut saying that it's NOT imperative that we get a top QB in the nation this year. It's not always realistic anyways.

Lol. I'm not saying we can take some no-name kid with no camps on his record. I'm jut saying that it's NOT imperative that we get a top QB in the nation this year. It's not always realistic anyways.

If we get another Nick Stephens, I'm holding you personally responsible.

I consider QB to be a high priority in every single recruiting class. And I'm not talking about a "filler". Most of the big-time programs out there are able to land a highly rated QB each year.

I consider QB to be a high priority in every single recruiting class. And I'm not talking about a "filler". Most of the big-time programs out there are able to land a highly rated QB each year.

I agree again, Montrell.

I think every class you need to strive to take the best QB.

But I will say this, a lot of times good QB's come out of nowhere during the summer after they have attended some camps exp. Bray & Peterman.

I trust Chaneys evaluation on QB's.

I have been looking around and have seen a number of under-the-radar guys that are hearing from the Vols or are looking to visit in the near future. I have not included Austin Allen or Connor Mitch. Check them out. I am a big fan of Buchanan. He may not be rated as high at this point, but like someone mentioned, I think the big schools are starting to take notice. Dobbs is intriguing as well, and Cogswell as a cannon.

Ryan Buchanan-Ryan Buchanan 2011 Jr. Highlights (2nd Half) - YouTube
Kurt Benkert-QB Kurt Benkert, Cape Coral High, FL Highlight Junior 2011 - YouTube
Brayden Scott-Tahlequah " SEQUOYAH " Football Highlight Vol. 2 - YouTube
Josh Dobbs-R. Joshua Dobbs - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
Asiantii Woulard-asiantii woulard #2 QB winter park high - YouTube
Anthony Jennings-Anthony Jennings - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
Tyler Cogswell-Tyler Cogswell #12 QB C/O 2013 Am.Heritage(Plant.) Junior Season Highlight - YouTube

Last edited:

VN Store

Back