Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

Patience is key. It's hard for many to have it but it's key. Cdd is a good guy and has a solid football mind to become a good coach. He took over a bad situation that needed more than the regular fixes. So patience and support is needed, and for all y'all Dooley haters that think they know everything this was told to me directly by a current NFL coach that considers cdd a good friend (his words) and good coach (his words too). Patience and support and we'll be ok in the long run.

Stop bashing the op cause he enjoyed hearing something positive and found it comforting in these hard times as a vol fan. Maybe referring to it as perfect was a little much but let it go. Obviously coach uncertainty effects even the best of teams as this is why he didn't pick bama either. So that is a good sign. At least we're on the list of a major recruit as that's better than not being on it cause honestly the way our program has been we shouldn't be. GBO!!!

People are laughing at you and the OP and others like you. People weren't bashing DD in this thread. We were bashing you and your fellow Defend Dooley no matter what Brigade. We DIDN'T GET THE KID and the OP started a thread praising his recruiting. It's dumb as can be.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

As stated many times before, nobody here is defending Dooley. So far, Dooley has taken a piece of **** and polished it clean. Now let's see if he can win with it and then sell it to recruits. On a lighter note, I'm not real sure how to polish a turd clean but he's done it. Hopefully he can win with it. We need wins. The recruiting will take care of itself if we can do that. Now, surely we can agree on that.

Reactions: 2 people
As stated many times before, nobody here is defending Dooley. So far, Dooley has taken a piece of **** and polished it clean. Now let's see if he can win with it and then sell it to recruits. On a lighter note, I'm not real sure how to polish a turd clean but he's done it. Hopefully he can win with it. We need wins. The recruiting will take care of itself if we can do that. Now, surely we can agree on that.

Agree completely. I don't care what happened the last two years, because Dooley walked into a mess. The only thing that peeved me was that loss to UK last year, but if we start winning in 2012, I'll forgive it.

He's got enough talent and experience in the program now that we should be able to compete, especially with the East being a little down right now and with the schedule not being as difficult. We would have needed one of the great Fulmer-era teams to do very well with the 2011 schedule.

Whatever Dooley does, he HAS to beat N.C. State. I live 12 miles from Raleigh and have a ton of NCSU fans who are friends. If he loses that, he has to go! :no:

Whatever Dooley does, he HAS to beat N.C. State. I live 12 miles from Raleigh and have a ton of NCSU fans who are friends. If he loses that, he has to go! :no:

LOL, I feel your pain. I lived in S. Florida during the 90's. Even 9 and 10 wins didn't ease the pain of getting your ass handed to you by Spurrier.

"What was the most creative thing a college did to get your attention? “During my official visit to Tennessee, they gave me a whole jumpsuit to wear while I was there. I was dressed like I was a player before the game. If you didn’t know who I was, you’d actually think I was a Tennessee football player. I had the adidas shoes, the adidas socks, the adidas shorts, the adidas shirt, the adidas sweats and the adidas jacket. I wore it in the pre-game meeting, during the game and after the game. I actually had a couple of people come up to me to ask me to autograph a ball or something that other Tennessee players had signed because they thought I was one, too … No, we couldn’t keep any of [the Tennessee gear]. We had to give it all back …Tennessee was the best official visit I had. I went out to a 5-star restaurant and I ate the most expensive thing on the menu. It was a great time over there.”

This was from an interview with Dave Hooker, he also went on to say that Dooley was the nicest coach he met and he hated telling him he wasnt coming to Tennessee

"What was the most creative thing a college did to get your attention? “During my official visit to Tennessee, they gave me a whole jumpsuit to wear while I was there. I was dressed like I was a player before the game. If you didn’t know who I was, you’d actually think I was a Tennessee football player. I had the adidas shoes, the adidas socks, the adidas shorts, the adidas shirt, the adidas sweats and the adidas jacket. I wore it in the pre-game meeting, during the game and after the game. I actually had a couple of people come up to me to ask me to autograph a ball or something that other Tennessee players had signed because they thought I was one, too … No, we couldn’t keep any of [the Tennessee gear]. We had to give it all back …Tennessee was the best official visit I had. I went out to a 5-star restaurant and I ate the most expensive thing on the menu. It was a great time over there.”

This was from an interview with Dave Hooker, he also went on to say that Dooley was the nicest coach he met and he hated telling him he wasnt coming to Tennessee

This is similar to a company paid function, except you have to wear a suit instead on a warm up...

Yes it was, can't have Juniors there. If they were seniors it wouldn't of mattered. That is why only the juniors were listed in the report.

I meant there were other violations committed during the BBQ, not that a ton of stuff happened. Sorry, my post was unclear.

Not sure if you read this article on Jordan Jenkins, but it is worth the read. He talked about how UT was his best visit and how he was taken to a 5 star restaurant.

Pro sports is changing when it comes to professionalism. All of your star athletes are usually decked out in their suit during their post-game interviews. Dooley's philosophy of making the players realize that there is more than football will work well IF he can win. The deal he had in place with Men's Wearhouse, the "White House style" team dinners, etc... is going to look good for mommies and intrigue athletes. Whether you like Dooley or not, this year is huge because it could really open the floodgates to recruiting with the elite.

Recruiting Rewind: UGA-bound Jordan Jenkins was “big fish that got away” from Alabama | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Knoxville has a five star restaurant??

I meant there were other violations committed during the BBQ, not that a ton of stuff happened. Sorry, my post was unclear.

Oh, yeah, sorry there was. I meant that the reason he couldn't give them food was because they are Juniors, or something to that affect. I think i remember reading something like that. Along with other things.

The best thing about this thread is that Volqueef made it on a few more Volnation members ignore list.

dooley-oranges_1155521l.jpg

No, that's not a banana in my pocket.

VN Store

Back