2013 Recruiting Big Board

By the way Nick King would be considered a small forward at 6'7". Not a shooting guard.

By the way Nick King would be considered a small forward at 6'7". Not a shooting guard.

So just cause King is 6,7 that makes him small foward instead of shooting guard. Well magic was 6,8 or 6,9 and he was a pg and there are alot of other examples.it would be nice to land king and another player or two out of memphis and also get Munson or Thornwell.Or land four top 100 players. A question if Ut can get that pg would they take him over landry if three or four of the others on list woild come to Tennessee.

Nick King is a small forward.

Also, take this for whatever you want, King is right at the top of Pastner's recruiting board, Adonis Thomas-style. Memphis will make it a priority to keep him in the city in 2013. Doesn't mean he'll 100% be a Tiger, but it'll be hard to outwork the Memphis staff for him.

Last edited:
Really solid bleeding. Thanks for putting in the work bro!

The state is on fire when it comes to recruiting this year. A ton of elite talent lingering around the Memphis area. If we could just wrap up the guys in state, we'd be absolutely set!

Also, watch for Q Stephens. He's fixing to blow up on the charts but likely to the ACC and Tech.

Also, take this for whatever you want, King is right at the top of Pastner's recruiting board, Adonis Thomas-style. Memphis will make it a priority to keep him in the city in 2013. Doesn't mean he'll 100% be a Tiger, but it'll be hard to outwork the Memphis staff for him.

Nope. Don't worry about comming off cocky about King because I think Pastner has one heck of a player. No way I see him leaving the city. He's at the top of my want list but there is so much talent this year in the area that Pastner can't offer them all and I feel good having Martin go up against Anderson if he's aggresive.

Nope. Don't worry about comming off cocky about King because I think Pastner has one heck of a player. No way I see him leaving the city. He's at the top of my want list but there is so much talent this year in the area that Pastner can't offer them all and I feel good having Martin go up against Anderson if he's aggresive.

Anderson is an overrated recruiter and I actually haven't heard a lot of the Memphis guys state that they are favoring Arky or even really considering them.

Seems like, besides Memphis, Florida, Vandy and UT are the players for a lot of the big Memphis recruits.

I was simply going off of espn positions, and the position rankings. At 6' 7" your probably correct he'd play SF most likely, but then again I suppose stranger things have happened.

I can fix it though if it's needed.

Really solid bleeding. Thanks for putting in the work bro!

The state is on fire when it comes to recruiting this year. A ton of elite talent lingering around the Memphis area. If we could just wrap up the guys in state, we'd be absolutely set!

Also, watch for Q Stephens. He's fixing to blow up on the charts but likely to the ACC and Tech.

Stephens is a guy I like and we are quietly in his top 3. He really likes tech and Clemson, but he also really started liking them after his visits. If we can get him on campus for a visit I think he's the kind of guy that would all of a sudden really favor Tennessee, jmo.

The Price-Martin offer came out of nowhere, anyone know how we got in on him?

That one was a surprise to me as well. He's a highly rated guy and has big time offers, seems like we'd be late to the game, but who knows.

Would definitely be a great pick up.

I agree on that, and as I've said I'd predict Memphis, but the fact he hasn't committed or cut us off his list is always a good thing.

Also as someone else mentioned, Memphis is LOADED this coming year. I have actually heard some say depending on others (Crawford, Johnson, craft, Edwards) that this could be the best class in memphis history.

So if pastner is putting a lot into king, hopefully it opens the door for guys like Nichols, hubbs, Johnson, Crawford, and jw3. So far it appears to have, as Tennessee is a major player for all of them right now, jw3 being the only real ?.

I agree on that, and as I've said I'd predict Memphis, but the fact he hasn't committed or cut us off his list is always a good thing.

Also as someone else mentioned, Memphis is LOADED this coming year. I have actually heard some say depending on others (Crawford, Johnson, craft, Edwards) that this could be the best class in memphis history.

So if pastner is putting a lot into king, hopefully it opens the door for guys like Nichols, hubbs, Johnson, Crawford, and jw3. So far it appears to have, as Tennessee is a major player for all of them right now, jw3 being the only real ?.

It looks like the two Memphis area guys that Pastner is putting in time with are Nick King and Juwan Johnson. The rest are pretty much just a "keep tabs on" sort of thing. Leaves a lot of room to Tennessee to get some guys out of the city.

JW3 is rumored to be a Georgetown lean at the moment, but recruiting is fluid and that could change tomorrow.

I was simply going off of espn positions, and the position rankings. At 6' 7" your probably correct he'd play SF most likely, but then again I suppose stranger things have happened.

I can fix it though if it's needed.

No issues Bleed, appreciate the list you provided. :good!:

It looks like the two Memphis area guys that Pastner is putting in time with are Nick King and Juwan Johnson. The rest are pretty much just a "keep tabs on" sort of thing. Leaves a lot of room to Tennessee to get some guys out of the city.

JW3 is rumored to be a Georgetown lean at the moment, but recruiting is fluid and that could change tomorrow.

My point exactly. Seems like the Memphis area is a bit more stocked than normal. And that goes well for Martin to grab a couple more Memphis kids and establish something. Lots of coaches from Knoxville haven't had very much success so some recent success could go a long ways.

Also, it wouldn't hurt for Yemi to play lights out off the bench to show people he's a quality starter or Stokes give some kind of indication he stays for a JR year and I think we grab one of those highly ranked post kids. I don't see Nichols or JW3 going anywhere to be an undersized center and that happens all to often when your the most talented big on the floor. We really need stability to establish a thought process that were pluggin' in players instead of any kind of uncertainty. Wasn't that a huge reason Tobias picked UT? Also, I think it's a big reason Bruce missed out on elite PGs because of the way he changed his system but I understand adapting to a style with the players you have.

His recruitment really seems to be the quietest of all the big name Memphis kids. I could see Georgetown though, I also thought UK seemed likely at one point as well. Who knows??

Also, it wouldn't hurt for Yemi to play lights out off the bench to show people he's a quality starter or Stokes give some kind of indication he stays for a JR year and I think we grab one of those highly ranked post kid.

this.

Our future at post is very gray right now, especially not knowing what jarnells planning. At the same time, maybe CCM already has an idea and has talked with jarnell about this.

Either way I REALLY think we need to sign a true center in the 2013 class. Well have Yemi, but even if stokes stays most his minutes will be at the 4 not the 5. I'd like to see Edwards brought in but that's just me. Many say he's bad, and honestly I just don't know there's not enough on him. But a 7'1" freshman with a year to learn behind yemi I think would be solid. Personally right now this is my "realistic" hope:

Landry
Newkirk/Stephens
Crawford/Johnson
Hubbs/Thornwell
Nichols/Malik Price-Martin
Edwards/Ringer

1 of those guys from each line for a total of 6 would be my hope, optimistic I know. Also hoping Stokes stays, and maybe sign 5 not 6.

Last edited:
I watched the film jumper looks nice, I know its a highlight film and its always going in but form is pretty good and ball has decent rotation. Looks like the jump shot wont be a project like JP's was.

Might want to add Jaylon Tate to the 2013 class.

True PG 3 star Rivals 150.
Plays for simeon in Chicago. Same team Jabari Parker plays for.

Webster is recruiting, but we haven't offered yet.
Transferred from DelaSalle but looks like he's been with the team for years.
Great court vision and some of his timing passes are phenomenal.

Might want to add Jaylon Tate to the 2013 class.

True PG 3 star Rivals 150.
Plays for simeon in Chicago. Same team Jabari Parker plays for.

Webster is recruiting, but we haven't offered yet.
Transferred from DelaSalle but looks like he's been with the team for years.
Great court vision and some of his timing passes are phenomenal.

Sounds good, thanks for that Cal.

VN Store

Back