Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. This kid could probably play some 2, if needed, but he has the ceiling to be an elite PG.

Happens to come from the same school that produced John Wall as well.

Be nice to have some depth at PG. UT hasn't had 2 quality true PG's on the roster for some time. I actually can't remember the last time. Closest I can remember would have been the one year with Maze and Goins, but I think defining Goins as "quality" would be a stretch. Before that?I honestly don't remember. Might have to go all the way back to the Green era.

Last edited:
Was kind of going over some recruiting, for the class of 2013...

Tennessee is still in good with:

7 top 80 players according to scout ratings
12 top 150 players according to rivals ratings

Fwiw markel Crawford & jajaun Johnson will both most likely be top 150 players once the new ratings come out.

MOSES FOLLOWS DREAM

Center Moses Kingsley moved to the United States from Nigeria to increase his chances of getting a college education and playing in the NBA.

Along the way, he has experienced a variety of new things and quickly made a name for himself.

Kingsley, 6-9, 210 pounds, who moved to New Albany, Miss., about a year ago, reports about 10 scholarship offers from schools that include Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida. He also is drawing interest from Arkansas. He said he has yet to visit Fayetteville, but he is still interested in the Hogs.

Kingsley played basketball for the Arkansas Wings during the spring and summer. Wings Coach Ron Crawford said he believes with increased strength and additional weight, Kingsley has the potential to be a Top 25 prospect nationally in the class of 2013.

“His improvement this past year has been phenomenal,” Crawford said. “He was a shot blocker but has developed a powerful offensive game. His midrange game along with the drop-step makes him a real threat.”

Kingsley said he’s still making adjustments to a sixhour time difference and the weather in the United States. In December, he woke up on Christmas morning to his first snow.

“I walked outside and everything was white,” said Kingsley, whose father is an evangelist. “My jaw dropped. I was looking everywhere and it was white. The buildings, the trees, everything was covered with snow. I had to take a picture.”

Kingsley is a good student and plans to major in technology or engineering. He said he is paying attention to a school’s academic program as well as its coach.

“That will be my plan B if I don’t make it in basketball,” said Kingsley, who plans to major in technology or engineering. “Secondly, it will be the relationship with the coaching staff.”
:pepper:

Lots of 2013 and 2014 recruits in action this weekend for the Memphis Magic Invitational; quite a few that both Memphis and UT are in on.

2013:
Moses Kingsley
Juwan Parker
Treyshon Bolden
Jordan Woodard

2014:
Larry Austin, Jr.
Leron Black
Anton Beard

2015:
Skal Labissiere
Malik Newman

Last edited:
Lots of 2013 and 2014 recruits in action this weekend for the Memphis Magic Invitational; quite a few that both Memphis and UT are in on.

2013:
Moses Kingsley
Juwan Parker
Treyshon Bolden
Jordan Woodard

2014:
Larry Austin, Jr.
Leron Black
Anton Beard

2015:
Skal Labissiere
Malik Newman

amazing name

Now I'm assuming he's already gone through the process, but food this interesting. He was saying harvard doesn't offer athletic scholarships, and that he has to take his sat's and see if he can get an academic scholarship.

Kid obviously is ridiculously smart, but maybe hell miss he academic scholarship by a point or two. Process of elimination makes Tennessee his choice haha.

Best of luck to foster though, obviously a great kid.

I was looking at the ESPNU top 60 for 2013. There are two Memphis kids on the list, Nick King and Jonathan Williams, both have UT on there offer list. What are UT's chances of landing these two? Thanks

Just found out that Nichols and Hubbs are both going to play for m33m on the AAU circuit. It would be sweet for them to get a good chemistry together and make it a package deal!

Just found out that Nichols and Hubbs are both going to play for m33m on the AAU circuit. It would be sweet for them to get a good chemistry together and make it a package deal!

You do realize that m33m is Mike Miller's (former Gator) AAU team right?

You do realize that m33m is Mike Miller's (former Gator) AAU team right?
I am aware. I am also aware that it is very important to R3 and his family for him to go somewhere they can easily make alot of his games too. Fl would not be practical in that regard. I think that it will come down to a UT /Vandy war for Hubbs.

What does CP3 have to do with Mike Miller?

You're saying that because Nichols and hubbs are playing for millers, UF alum, aau team that they are now floridas guys to lose.

So does that mean that the guys that play for chris Paul's, wake forest alum,aau team are now wake forests?

You're saying that because Nichols and hubbs are playing for millers, UF alum, aau team that they are now floridas guys to lose.

So does that mean that the guys that play for chris Paul's, wake forest alum,aau team are now wake forests?

I know what he was referring to...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back