Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braves trade JJ Hoover for Juan Francisco. 24 years old, out of options will start the season in uniform... @ajcbraves: Juan Francisco has a .284 av, .331 OBP, 11 doubles, 5 HRs in 81 games and 181 PAs in parts of 3 seasons in majors, all w/ Reds.

Might remember a kid on Sportscenter who hit a 502 foot bomb at The Great American Ballpark.. He is that kid

Braves trade JJ Hoover for Juan Francisco. 24 years old, out of options will start the season in uniform... @ajcbraves: Juan Francisco has a .284 av, .331 OBP, 11 doubles, 5 HRs in 81 games and 181 PAs in parts of 3 seasons in majors, all w/ Reds.

Might remember a kid on Sportscenter who hit a 502 foot bomb at The Great American Ballpark.. He is that kid

Even though Francisco showed up overweight and had a horrible spring, I like the deal. The only things I don't like about it are: Francisco is a LH bat (Braves need RH pop), Francisco is out of options (though, this is probably the only reason the Reds dealt him, so this is a wash), Francisco is not known as a very good defender and can apparently only play 3B (long-term, I would much rather find a true LF and move Prado in).

All that being said, I still like the trade.

Even though Francisco showed up overweight and had a horrible spring, I like the deal. The only things I don't like about it are: Francisco is a LH bat (Braves need RH pop), Francisco is out of options (though, this is probably the only reason the Reds dealt him, so this is a wash), Francisco is not known as a very good defender and can apparently only play 3B (long-term, I would much rather find a true LF and move Prado in).

All that being said, I still like the trade.

I am not sure what to think just yet.. Hoover is going to be a good reliever. But If Francisco can check his attitude and keep his weight down. He can be really good. Has a rocket arm.. Just wish he wasn't a lefty

I am not sure what to think just yet.. Hoover is going to be a good reliever. But If Francisco can check his attitude and keep his weight down. He can be really good. Has a rocket arm.. Just wish he wasn't a lefty

Hoover does have a lot of potential out of the pen, but I think his stock was going down as his once high ceiling has been lowered from potential number 2 or 3 in the rotation to a middle innings pen guy.

With the kind of arm/pop combination Francisco has, I would love to see him try to learn LF.

Any news on the 5th starter spot? Watching the broadcast Saturday, they were discussing it on air and didn't even mention Medlen (which baffles me, because that would be my pick). I would have to assume at this point it will be Delgado, but has it been announced officially?

Any news on the 5th starter spot? Watching the broadcast Saturday, they were discussing it on air and didn't even mention Medlen (which baffles me, because that would be my pick). I would have to assume at this point it will be Delgado, but has it been announced officially?

Delgado. Medlen in pen.

Agreed.

Especially at spring training, it seems like teams would have a guy just to drive these great decision makers home.

There should be some punishment. Amazing there isn't.

Agreed.

Especially at spring training, it seems like teams would have a guy just to drive these great decision makers home.

There should be some punishment. Amazing there isn't.

Agreed. This wasn't at spring training though. (not that it matters)

I was suprised to see these stats:

“@califresh4life: @DaleMurphy3 Hudson 181-97 3.40 era Halladay 188-92 3.23 been in the mlb the same amount of time” •••Wow..•••

Agreed. This wasn't at spring training though. (not that it matters)

I know. I was referring to Jenks and the others during spring training.

I don't like Roger Goodell but at least he has backbone, way more than Bud Selig can say.. there needs to be more discipline in the MLB for sure.

I was suprised to see these stats:

“@califresh4life: @DaleMurphy3 Hudson 181-97 3.40 era Halladay 188-92 3.23 been in the mlb the same amount of time” •••Wow..•••

Huddy is one of the most underrated pitchers in the game, doesn't get the love he deserves. Great pitcher and even better in the clubhouse and community. Dude is the perfect major leaguer... and he has a pretty good stick at the dish to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No surprises here but I didn't see any else post it: Braves finalized the 25 man. Delgado, Pastornicky, and Flande won their respective jobs. Constanza will be 25th man until Chipper returns from DL. Heyward will backup CF.

Can someone give me a quick run down of the new players we'll see on the 25 man roster this year? I've tried to keep up but baseball moves have always confused me. I'll try to get better. Lol.

Thanks, in advance.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Juan Francisco - 3rd base
Yohan Flande - left handed relief pitcher
Livan Hernandez - right handed relief pitcher

Pretty sure that's all that's new on the current 25 man.

Juan Francisco - 3rd base
Yohan Flande - left handed relief pitcher
Livan Hernandez - right handed relief pitcher

Pretty sure that's all that's new on the current 25 man.

Thanks! I wondered about Flande and Francisco.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back