A boy named Trayvon Martin is shot and killed by neighborhood watch goon

He was basing the self defense mostly on Zimmerman's account of the incident.

The witness's account does nothing good or bad for Zimmerman since he only saw it after the fight started. Had someone seen that TM did actually initiate everything - then he would likely be clear and no questions asked.

Unfortunatley, at this time, that is all we have to go on.
You seem to be confused as to who the burden of PROOF falls on here. As LG has said, the ploce have NO EVIDENCE to charge Zimmerman with at this time. I have not declared him squat, I have oniy taken the emotion, that clouds your judgement, out of the equation. It is not what the investigators THINK happenned, it is what can be PROVED.
Zimmerman might have stalked TM and killed him in cold blood, but that is not what the evidence says happened.

He was basing the self defense mostly on Zimmerman's account of the incident.

And then other eyewitness testimony that backed it up. He simply refuses to rush to judgment. I'm pretty sure he would admit he was guilty if facts came out to support it.

Unfortunatley, at this time, that is all we have to go on.
You seem to be confused as to who the burden of PROOF falls on here. As LG has said, the ploce have NO EVIDENCE to charge Zimmerman with at this time. I have not declared him squat, I have oniy taken the emotion, that clouds your judgement, out of the equation. It is not what the investigators THINK happenned, it is what can be PROVED.
Zimmerman might have stalked TM and killed him in cold blood, but that is not what the evidence says happened.

I dont disagree but I take Zimmermans testimony with a grain of salt.

And then other eyewitness testimony that backed it up. He simply refuses to rush to judgment. I'm pretty sure he would admit he was guilty if facts came out to support it.

The witness testimony doesn't back it up unless I'm mistaken. All he was able to say was TM got the better of him at the time he saw the fight. You can't start a fight, lose and then shoot someone and claim self defense.

If Zimmerman was attacked then yeah it's probably self defense.

New story this morning in the Sentinel. Wish I knew how to just paste it here for you in its entirety.

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel

A couple of things. First, this is the first time I've heard mention that Martin was suspended for a drug-related thing. In the earliest reports, the Martin team had said it was for tardiness. Granted, this isn't a big deal, but it just adds to my concerns about how accurate the initial reporting has been.

Second, this is first time police have said physical evidence is consistent with Martin having Zimmerman down on the ground, beating him, and Zimmerman calling for help before firing. Plus a witness is very certain about that being the case.

This makes me wonder A LOT more about the girlfriend's disclosure, coming almost a month after the incident. I mean, if this witness told police that on the night it happened, and she waits 3 weeks or so after the controversy breaks out to make some obviously self-serving statements with the Martin family attorneys involved....

I just wonder if we are going to slowly come to the realization that as much of a complete tool Zimmerman is, and as much as he was out there trying to be a big shot, in the end the state will never be able to get a conviction.

(For one thing, I would have thought that any of these agencies -- the state attorney, then the FDLE, then the DOJ, when they got the file if they'd thought that there was some huge problem they would have come right out and said so.)

New story this morning in the Sentinel. Wish I knew how to just paste it here for you in its entirety.

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel

A couple of things. First, this is the first time I've heard mention that Martin was suspended for a drug-related thing. In the earliest reports, the Martin team had said it was for tardiness. Granted, this isn't a big deal, but it just adds to my concerns about how accurate the initial reporting has been.

Second, this is first time police have said physical evidence is consistent with Martin having Zimmerman down on the ground, beating him, and Zimmerman calling for help before firing. Plus a witness is very certain about that being the case.

This makes me wonder A LOT more about the girlfriend's disclosure, coming almost a month after the incident. I mean, if this witness told police that on the night it happened, and she waits 3 weeks or so after the controversy breaks out to make some obviously self-serving statements with the Martin family attorneys involved....

I just wonder if we are going to slowly come to the realization that as much of a complete tool Zimmerman is, and as much as he was out there trying to be a big shot, in the end the state will never be able to get a conviction.

(For one thing, I would have thought that any of these agencies -- the state attorney, then the FDLE, then the DOJ, when they got the file if they'd thought that there was some huge problem they would have come right out and said so.)

this is the problem with the rush to judgment and subsequent lynch mob mentality. folks need to just wait until all of the facts are released.

This. Zimmerman should've heeded the dispatcher's warning. However, nothing reported paints a picture of a man looking for trouble. There's a lot of things surfacing now that shed new light on this case, and it was probably something the lawyers for the parents was trying to hush up as well as Jackson and Sharpton.

Zimmerman definately is a "Barney Fife", but the evidence backs up his story.

Not really. The article didn't release anything that changes anything. If Zimmerman is actually telling the truth then he is probably innocent - if he did in anyway provoke TM into a fight then you know damn well he's guilty - sounds like they won't really be able to every convict the douche unless something else surfaces though.

Not really. The article didn't release anything that changes anything. If Zimmerman is actually telling the truth then he is probably innocent - if he did in anyway provoke TM into a fight then you know damn well he's guilty - sounds like they won't really be able to every convict the douche unless something else surfaces though.

Witnesses are backing up his story. Everything the family is saying happened is proven to be false (the two shots, Trayvon crying for help, etc...) What out there has given any indication of Zimmerman's character that he has picked fights. Everyone that knows him from the neighborhood has painted a completely different picture.

I kinda find it funny he told the police he thinks TM was on drugs. Based on his suspension he would have likely smoked weed that night if he were on drugs - and I'm not are how exactly you can tell someone is high from weed from afar unless it was TMs first time ever being high and he was spazzing out.

Witnesses are backing up his story. Everything the family is saying happened is proven to be false (the two shots, Trayvon crying for help, etc...) What out there has given any indication of Zimmerman's character that he has picked fights. Everyone that knows him from the neighborhood has painted a completely different picture.

Witnesses NEVER backed up the fact that Martin attacked Zimmerman and not the other way around. Which that is the only evidence that matters in this case at this point.

Witnesses NEVER backed up the fact that Martin attacked Zimmerman and not the other way around. Which that is the only evidence that matters in this case at this point.

The physical evidence is consistent with Martin attacking Zimmerman and not Zimmerman attacking Martin.

And if Zimmerman could concoct a story that included no discrepancies from the time the witnesses noticed what was going on yet fabricated the first part of the story, then he is one of the most organized criminals ever especially considering that he did so right after all of this went down.

And if Zimmerman could concoct a story that included no discrepancies from the time the witnesses noticed what was going on yet fabricated the first part of the story, then he is one of the most organized criminals ever especially considering that he did so right after all of this went down.

How so? There isn't really much to change to his story other than leave out the part that he could have hypothetically started it rather than Martin starting it? The rest of the story remains in tact.

The fact that we do not have the "other side of the story" may seem morally unfair, but its the reality here. And if there are witnesses backing up Zimmerman's version of events, I just don't see how they could arrest him, much less successfully prosecute him.

Another point -- and I'm not sure this has previously been reported -- the protest leaders were complaining that Zimmerman was given his gun back. Turns out that is not true. It was seized and placed into evidence.

So Zimmerman couldn't have punched or pushed Martin before he got decked? Come on man.

Of course he could have. But I think the evidence showed that Martin wasn't "decked." And since you wanted to raise questions about a guy Zimmerman's size and doubted the Martin could take him, then why are you backing away from that now? Seems like since you brought that up, the only way it could've happened was that Zimmerman was blindsided. You are talking in circles. You can't have it both ways.

Of course he could have. But I think the evidence showed that Martin wasn't "decked." And since you wanted to raise questions about a guy Zimmerman's size and doubted the Martin could take him, then why are you backing away from that now? Seems like since you brought that up, the only way it could've happened was that Zimmerman was blindsided. You are talking in circles. You can't have it both ways.

I was talking about Zimmerman getting decked. And I've moved on from that since it is clear by evidence that Martin got the better of him in the fight - which is surprising that a man got owned by a scrawny kid but it is what it is.

I was talking about Zimmerman getting decked. And I've moved on from that since it is clear by evidence that Martin got the better of him in the fight - which is surprising that a man got owned by a scrawny kid but it is what it is.

Would it be easier for a man to get owned by a scrawny kid had said man been blindsided with a punch and fell to ground? Guess what.... that is consistent with his story. Like I said, he is the most well-organized criminal with a story that meshes with the evidence of the case.

I guess what i am missing is this. If tm has the right to walk down the sidewalk ( he does have that right) and mr z has the right to drive down the road ( he does have that right), then when did the confrontation take place? Mr z getting out of his car is not a crime at all. Can tm team prove that mr z getting out of his car was a threat? I doubt it unless mr z is locked and loaded with tm on his front irons before a word was said. To many variables and not enough evidence yet.

I guess what i am missing is this. If tm has the right to walk down the sidewalk ( he does have that right) and mr z has the right to drive down the road ( he does have that right), then when did the confrontation take place? Mr z getting out of his car is not a crime at all. Can tm team prove that mr z getting out of his car was a threat? I doubt it unless mr z is locked and loaded with tm on his front irons before a word was said. To many variables and not enough evidence yet.

Here's the problem I have. This media circus that has formed has produced all kinds of false information. The only thing that has been corroborated was the evidence of Zimmerman. None of the evidence has proven anything Zimmerman said was false, but evidence has proven many things that has been said by the parents, the lawyers, and the media were false. Like many people on here have been saying, let the facts come out before you convict the man through the media.

Like I've said from the beginning, wait for facts to come out instead of sensationalized stories that get people's emotions riled up. Funny to see Bassman's story change over the last 15 pages or so.

VN Store

Back