A boy named Trayvon Martin is shot and killed by neighborhood watch goon

There is a reason why the founders wanted both sides to a story. History is full of one sided arguments.

A judge and or jury will decide, not yhe lynch mob.

Some think that I do not want a trial. I do for both the family and Zimmerman's sake.

Last edited:
Family attorney says that he does not hink that Hate Crime will be brought.

NABJ Exclusive: Lawyer for slain teenager Trayvon Martin’s family expects state charges against gunman

At the spring board meeting of the National Association of Black Journalists, board members interviewed attorney Daryl D. Parks, the principal in the Tallahassee, Fla.-based law firm representing the parents of the 17-year-old who was fatally shot by a neighborhood watch captain.

By Wesley Lowery

Special to NABJ

An attorney for the family of slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin on Saturday shed light on his legal team’s strategy, the status of state and federal investigations and the outpouring of support for the case.

In a wide-ranging interview with board members of the National Association of Black Journalists, conducted via Skype, attorney Daryl D. Parks said that after separate meetings with federal and state authorities, he doubts Travyon’s killer will be indicted with a federal hate crime.
However, Parks said he is increasingly hopeful that the gunman, George Zimmerman, will face state criminal charges. The 17-year-old Trayvon was killed Feb. 26 as he returned from a trip to a convenience store to his father’s fiance’s house in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Unarmed, carrying Skittles candy and iced tea and wearing a hooded sweatshirt, he was spotted by Zimmerman, 28, a captain of the community’s neighborhood watch.

In 911 tapes released by Sanford police, Zimmerman tells the operator that Trayvon was suspicious and appeared to be drugged. Zimmerman then pursued Trayvon on foot and after a struggle shot and killed the teenager, according to police.Police say Zimmerman was not arrested because there was no evidence disputing his claim of self defense, prompting national outcry for state and federal officials to level charges.
Members of Trayvon’s family met with U.S. Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigations officials on Thursday afternoon.

"It was rather clear that the attorney general is quite aware of the situation, and they have devoted a great deal of resources to this matter,” Parks said. "It’s very clear that this is a very high priority for this administration.”

The Martin family also met briefly Friday with attorney Angela Corey, who was appointed as special prosecutor this week by Florida Gov. Rick Scott to head the state investigation.

The legal team representing Trayvon’s family plans to pursue civil litigation against Zimmerman and the community’s Homeowner’s Association.

Parks, who also is president of the National Bar Association, said that, ultimately, he does not believe the Justice Department will pursue federal hate crime charges against Zimmerman

I am posting this new article from the Orlando Sentinel this evening to demonstrate how imperative it is that everyone allow thge investigation to take place before jumping to conclusions.

The two attorneys for the family had inissted that there were two shots on the 911 recordings. One they called a warning shot, the second the fatal shot. And they claimed this proved Zimmerman was stalking and murdered the young man. This contradicted the statements of people in the area that said they heard one shot.

Well, the investigation shows fairly conclusively that there was one shot. This is based on the fact that one casing was found and the clip was full (meaning only the chambered round was fired). Really, the two attorneys saying these conclusive things about the case, in order to fan the flames of outrage, I think do a disservice to the community and even the family involved. All it does is convince them that their son was outright murdered, when in reality the situation is probably much more complex than they have been led to believe.

Trayvon Martin shooting: College students to rally at courthouse for Trayvon - Orlando Sentinel

Bump......we all, OK especially me, have to remember that false information is coming from both sides.

vM6Wk.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Got some statistics to back that up?

I can understand you questioning the validity of the statement, and I should have added the link. Very short-sighted on my part. Unfortunately I'm having difficulty locating the source, which will only bring more much deserved scrutiny. I will continue to dig until I find it. The stats where from 07, 08, or 09. It had something to do with new trends in homicide. Only one I'm finding now is from 1976-2005, which shows the number of murders by strangers almost even. Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

Sorry for the shabby sourcing. Will continue to search, and will post when I find it.

I can understand you questioning the validity of the statement, and I should have added the link. Very short-sighted on my part. Unfortunately I'm having difficulty locating the source, which will only bring more much deserved scrutiny. I will continue to dig until I find it. The stats where from 07, 08, or 09. It had something to do with new trends in homicide. Only one I'm finding now is from 1976-2005, which shows the number of murders by strangers almost even. Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

Sorry for the shabby sourcing. Will continue to search, and will post when I find it.

Not really...

Attachments

• Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.jpg
    Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 7

What is even to you?

The fact that you think anyone here is arguing against that is embarrassing.

Just because I want to hang the guy right now - doesn't mean I don't feel he should deserve a fair trial.

This needs to be nominated as the epic post of the year.

Few more gems from bass in the thread also

So ignorant its funny. I can have my own personal feelings and emotions yet still believe in government and understand he'll have to jump through all the hoops like in every other trial. I never advocated we should just send him to the chair now with no trial.

Do I personally think he is guilty of murder 2 and would like to see him locked up for quite sometime for being a dumbass? Yeah - but that's my opinion on it when we don't have every detail available to us.

It's sad you believe otherwise. I'm sorry, buddy.

Last edited:
So ignorant its funny. I can have my own personal feelings and emotions yet still believe in government. I never advocated we should just send him to the chair now with no trial.

It's sad you believe otherwise. I'm sorry, buddy.

Ignoring the other side of the story and claiming people to be racist for not rushing to judgment, really doesn't sound like due process.

Ignoring the other side of the story and claiming people to be racist for not rushing to judgment, really doesn't sound like due process.

I'm not the one in charge. I have no bearing on his potential future trial - so what does it matter if I choose an opinion on the matter? Ttownvol has already, more or less, declared him innocent.

There really isn't another side of the story. As far as we know he provoked a kid into a fight, was getting beat up and shot him. All we know is a witness saw TM on top of him. The other side of the story is straight from Zimmermans mouth - which I'm sure we'd hear a way different version if Martin was still alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not the one in charge. I have no bearing on his potential future trial - so what does it matter if I choose an opinion on the matter? Ttownvol has already, more or less, declared him innocent.

No, he hasn't. I believe he said the guy was wrong for not heeding the dispatcher, but he was giving eyewitness testimonies to show that the guy may have been acting in self defense.

The role of a president is to rein in the mob, not to unleash it. The latter is what community organizers do; the former is what makes statesmen. Yet on issue after issue — anti-terrorism, global warming, government ethics, and racial relations — a frenzied mob, egged on by the media and demagogues like Barack Obama, have almost stormed the jail, only to dissipate when met by either evidence, or the knowledge that the incarcerated was one of their own — as if they had never screamed and threatened in the first place.

Worth the read: Works and Days » Beware of the Mob

No, he hasn't. I believe he said the guy was wrong for not heeding the dispatcher, but he was giving eyewitness testimonies to show that the guy may have been acting in self defense.

He was basing the self defense mostly on Zimmerman's account of the incident.

The witness's account does nothing good or bad for Zimmerman since he only saw it after the fight started. Had someone seen that TM did actually initiate everything - then he would likely be clear and no questions asked.

VN Store

Back