A boy named Trayvon Martin is shot and killed by neighborhood watch goon

Don't you think it's a little suspicious for somebody to just stand and look at a house. (Not referring to this story) but wouldn't you call the cops if you look outside and night and just see somebody standing around looking at houses? That's suspicious activity to me.

Nope, looking at houses is not suspicious, neither is looking at street signs, mail boxes etc--those are normal actions a person takes to find their way around.

Standing in the bushes looking in a house is suspicious.

We are so on edge in this country that we forget that we all have the freedom to walk down the street, look at what we want to look at, even stare at it for a bit if we want to. Any of us should be able to stand on public ground for hours and just watch the world go by if we want. As long as we aren't harassing anyone or impeding anyone's right to walk by then we aren't doing anything suspicious.

You are free to sit on a park bench and stare at every person walking by without fear of molestation by the police or your local neighborhood watch. Everyone of us should feel that we have that freedom regardless of our age, gender, color of skin or what we are wearing. The one fact that we all know in this case is that young Trayvon did not enjoy that freedom in his last minutes. He was pursued by Zimmerman without any cause that we know of--he did not enjoy the freedom to go where he wanted to go without fear or actual molestation by anyone. His death is a sad tragic event for everyone involved, but just as bad is the sad fact that large segments of our citizens cannot walk down the street with the same level of freedom enjoyed by everyone else.

Nope, looking at houses is not suspicious, neither is looking at street signs, mail boxes etc--those are normal actions a person takes to find their way around.

We are so on edge in this country that we forget that we all have the freedom to walk down the street, look at what we want to look at, even stare at it for a bit if we want to. Any of us should be able to stand on public ground for hours and just watch the world go by if we want. As long as we aren't harassing anyone or impeding anyone's right to walk by then we aren't doing anything suspicious.

You are free to sit on a park bench and stare at every person walking by without fear of molestation by the police or your local neighborhood watch. Everyone of us should feel that we have that freedom regardless of our age, gender, color of skin or what we are wearing. The one fact that we all know in this case is that young Trayvon did not enjoy that freedom in his last minutes. He was pursued by Zimmerman without any cause that we know of--he did not enjoy the freedom to go where he wanted to go without fear or actual molestation by anyone. His death is a sad tragic event for everyone involved, but just as bad is the sad fact that large segments of our citizens cannot walk down the street with the same level of freedom enjoyed by everyone else.

Amen X 10

One thing that the media is choosing to leave out of this story is that in FL, when a neighborhood puts up a gate, the streets are no longer "public". The neighborhood where the shooting took place was a gated neighborhood.
Another fact that the media is leaving out is that Zimmerman was completely calm and business like on the 911 call.
TM was also on a five day suspension from his school. he is not the "model kid" that he is being portrayed as by the Sharptons of the world.
Bottom line, Zimmerman had EVERY right to ask TM why he was in the PRIVATE neighborhood. All TM had to do was tell him and all this would not have happened. Zimmerman had left TM alone and was an his way back to his truck to wait for the polce to arrive. TM attacked him and Zimmerman made a bad decision when he felt his life was in danger.
There is blame on both sides, but not the outrage that the media and Sharpton have whipped up.

well said.

One thing that the media is choosing to leave out of this story is that in FL, when a neighborhood puts up a gate, the streets are no longer "public". The neighborhood where the shooting took place was a gated neighborhood.
Another fact that the media is leaving out is that Zimmerman was completely calm and business like on the 911 call.
TM was also on a five day suspension from his school. he is not the "model kid" that he is being portrayed as by the Sharptons of the world.
Bottom line, Zimmerman had EVERY right to ask TM why he was in the PRIVATE neighborhood. All TM had to do was tell him and all this would not have happened. Zimmerman had left TM alone and was an his way back to his truck to wait for the polce to arrive. TM attacked him and Zimmerman made a bad decision when he felt his life was in danger.
There is blame on both sides, but not the outrage that the media and Sharpton have whipped up.

He was suspended from school for five days for tardiness.

My only point is that the media is not telling the whole story.

I got that information from several stories in the media.

Edit...This looked snippy to me after I posted it and I didn't mean for it to come across that way, T-Town. I've read all the stories on this that I can find. Some don't mention it at all, some mention the suspension w/o the reason and some give the reason. Each member of the media is going to posture their story to reflect their own opinion. This thing was pretty dormant for three weeks after the fact. Now, with all the focus, stories are exploding everywhere.

Last edited:
Never understood why they suspend kids for that. It's like telling a fat guy he's eaten too much so he can't workout.

I know. I always thought it was funny that some get suspended from work for missing work. Not a punishment for some, just more time off.:p

I got that information from several stories in the media.

Edit...This looked snippy to me after I posted it and I didn't mean for it to come across that way, T-Town. I've read all the stories on this that I can find. Some don't mention it at all, some mention the suspension w/o the reason and some give the reason. Each member of the media is going to posture their story to reflect their own opinion. This thing was pretty dormant for three weeks after the fact. Now, with all the focus, stories are exploding everywhere.

I did not take it that way.
Most only report it now that the defense has brought it out. TM's parents went to the school immediately and had the files sealed. We do not know that whole story.

He was suspended from school for five days for tardiness.

According to his father it was not for tardiness:

Still, Trayvon had nonviolent behavioral issues in school, and on the day he was killed, he had been suspended for 10 days from Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in North Miami-Dade.

“He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that. It wasn’t a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area [on school property],” Martin said, declining to offer more details.

link

Sorry but it's the truth.

It's also true that whites are more likely to murder a total stranger. Murder tends to be bad for your health, no matter what the race of the murderer was.

This case would've gotten the same amount of attention if all the facts were the same and the races of the individuals were swapped.

Reactions: 1 person
It's also true that whites are more likely to murder a total stranger. Murder tends to be bad for your health, no matter what the race of the murderer was.

This case would've gotten the same amount of attention if all the facts were the same and the races of the individuals were swapped.

I believe your first statement is totally false. I would almost guarantee it. Because the Hispanic/white guy wasn't robbing the black kid it's a hate crime yet blacks kill whites for a variety of reasons mainly to rob them. Why aren't they mugging other black folks? Most times blacks kill blacks for no reason other than some thuggish bs. The fact is that in our prisons in America the minority is the majority & all people like Sharpton & Jackson wanna do is find scapegoats & live off the recent situation in Florida.

what..?

He wasnt calm and business like. He cussed and sounded flustered. You are reaching.

I believe your first statement is totally false. I would almost guarantee it. Because the Hispanic/white guy wasn't robbing the black kid it's a hate crime yet blacks kill whites for a variety of reasons mainly to rob them. Why aren't they mugging other black folks? Most times blacks kill blacks for no reason other than some thuggish bs. The fact is that in our prisons in America the minority is the majority & all people like Sharpton & Jackson wanna do is find scapegoats & live off the recent situation in Florida.

Most of the times that a young black person murders any other person it is for some sort of gain. Plain and simple. Murder is not normally used as an expression of disdain for a race or creed of people in America (well, at least not that much anymore .....). -- Most of the time that the term "hate crime is envoked", it is usually done so because the crime had no motive other than "hatred" (as in this case). This case involves no threat, no assault, no robbery, and really no violence at all, other than a needless gunshot. That punk Zimmerman could have held the "boy" at gunpoint til the popo's came if need be. He could have put the gun in the 'kids' face and told the 'kid' not to move or to stay on the ground, and then escape when the 'kid' had been subdued. None of those concilliatory events happened, and instead, the 'kid' was simply MURDERED. In my opinion, it will be hard to prove this 'kid' needed to be shot down in the street as the only way to resolve this issue of Z's hatred and violence (and malicious weapon toting). This case should end in a murder conviction. Prison time is certainly warranted for an unwarranted shooting. Then Zimmereman can "express" his feelings abouts certain people where he can get the proper 'rebuttal' that he deserves.

VN Store

Back