'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

I posted this on one of our boards and this is a trend I am seeing with him. He appears to be helping out friends and family get scholarships by hinting he may be a package deal. Again just how I am reading things.

Denzel(his real brother) had no offers, mostly because of academics and maybe some other concerns, but Denzel started telling schools that him and Robert wanted to play together, that their mother wanted them to play together, and even said they would be a package deal. Robert when asked said he would love to play with his brother. Next Ole Miss offered Denzel, he commited, and when asked about playing together he said Ole Miss would get a look now but said after Denzel comited he will do what is best for him.

Next, Robert last season lived with Nick Schuessler. At the time he only had one offer from MTSU, but when Robert was interviewed he talked about how he considered Nick a brother, loved the family, and would love to play with him in college. Ole Miss, Miss State, Ark, and few more offered. Come NSD he signed with MSU and afterwards Robert said he would look at MSU but will do what is best for him.

Now Robert has a 3rd best friend/brother, D Kamara. Now Kamara is trying to get legit looks, but no real offers until Robert says he would love to play with David and if the right opportunity became available he would consider the package deal. Guess what Ole Miss and few others are now offering David. They both just visited Clemson a place I hear David really likes but they have not offered yet. But Robert was just quoted as saying we are both going back up there this weekend to see if they are going to offer. My guess if Clemson thinks it helps them out with Robert, David will leave this weekend with an offer.

It seems Robert is trying to leverage his position to secure scholarships for his friends and family. Again just my opinion but there is a pattern here.

Wow! This is interesting. Sure does sound fishy, doesn't it TW! These kids that he is helping really aren't that smart, are they? Unless they got one of the multi-year schollies, that guarantees they will be there for 4 years, do they not realize that they will most likely get cut after Year 1? I guess it gives them a chance to shine at a bigger program, and if they don't, then they get cut and go to a smaller program (which is where they were headed to begin with).

I posted this on one of our boards and this is a trend I am seeing with him. He appears to be helping out friends and family get scholarships by hinting he may be a package deal. Again just how I am reading things.

Denzel(his real brother) had no offers, mostly because of academics and maybe some other concerns, but Denzel started telling schools that him and Robert wanted to play together, that their mother wanted them to play together, and even said they would be a package deal. Robert when asked said he would love to play with his brother. Next Ole Miss offered Denzel, he commited, and when asked about playing together he said Ole Miss would get a look now but said after Denzel comited he will do what is best for him.

Next, Robert last season lived with Nick Schuessler. At the time he only had one offer from MTSU, but when Robert was interviewed he talked about how he considered Nick a brother, loved the family, and would love to play with him in college. Ole Miss, Miss State, Ark, and few more offered. Come NSD he signed with MSU and afterwards Robert said he would look at MSU but will do what is best for him.

Now Robert has a 3rd best friend/brother, D Kamara. Now Kamara is trying to get legit looks, but no real offers until Robert says he would love to play with David and if the right opportunity became available he would consider the package deal. Guess what Ole Miss and few others are now offering David. They both just visited Clemson a place I hear David really likes but they have not offered yet. But Robert was just quoted as saying we are both going back up there this weekend to see if they are going to offer. My guess if Clemson thinks it helps them out with Robert, David will leave this weekend with an offer.

It seems Robert is trying to leverage his position to secure scholarships for his friends and family. Again just my opinion but there is a pattern here.

You're 100% right about your opinions. I would not post something like that because I would get called out for being upset about RN being a Bama lean.

hell yea nkemdiche get all your buddies into ole miss thats the best possible place for him to go imo ALOT better then bama

robert n is doing what many bigtime recruits will do and that's help out teammates and their friends get scholarships and get spots. we see it all the time with the "hey we might be a package deal" stuff and then boom you see the bigtime target go elsewhere after their buddy gets in. Tidewarrrior is dead on in his comment on this. robert n is going to do what is best for him and he won't follow someone to another school.

I'm sure every recruit does have a story. How do you know your story is correct? Some delusional fans will come up with all kinds of reasons as to why they missed on a kid. Sometimes the best thing to do is just wish the kid well and move on.

Do you think every kid who lives in GA will go to UGA? You don't mention that we picked up some very good out of state players.

true, Some delusional fans will come up with all kinds of reasons as to why they missed on a kid, thats y i dont just go off info from message boards. It does cause concern when alot of the top guys instate go elsewhere and yeah it is true that UGA picked up some solid out of state kids but it didnt balance out like it should have because UGA would have had a top 5 class if they would have gotten more of the top instate guys.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess all of his friends can get ready to see their offer lists shrink after May 18.

Afterwards, maybe the AJC can write another crack reporting article on the benefits and pitfalls of a "packaged deal" that can somehow tie to either UT or Bernie Madoff.

i really dont think bama is the best place for this kid unless they wanna go 4-3 its a shame having a kid like that just eat up blocks

i know he's gonna play lb but he's gonna get too big imo

i hear alot of comparisons to clowney and its damn obvious clowney is built for 4-3

It depends on if he grows. BUt right now at 6-5 265 and a 4.4 40 LB would be a great fit, but I do think he will end up at DE and would do just fine coming off the edge in a 3-4.

But in the end it comes down to where he wants to play.

It depends on if he grows. BUt right now at 6-5 265 and a 4.4 40 LB would be a great fit, but I do think he will end up at DE and would do just fine coming off the edge in a 3-4.

But in the end it comes down to where he wants to play.
i just think 4-3 is best way to go for a kid with his talents to get the most sacks possible and he would be a beast i know you gotta admit he would have a clowney type freshmen impact in a 4-3 most likely

foster is the 1 i like alot tho finally saw his tape and DAMN thats JWJ times 100 a power back thats a frickin monster at lb

i just think 4-3 is best way to go for a kid with his talents to get the most sacks possible and he would be a beast i know you gotta admit he would have a clowney type freshmen impact in a 4-3 most likely

foster is the 1 i like alot tho finally saw his tape and DAMN thats JWJ times 100 a power back thats a frickin monster at lb

I think he will have a greater impact than Clowney because he is more athletic and more versatile. I keep seeing comparisons to RN to a younger version of R White and others to L Taylor, D Thomas and J Peppers. He is just that quick and athletic. He could easily stand up and play right now.

I am not taking anything away from Clowney but we will see how good he is this year when teams do not have to contend with Ingram at the other DE who got most of the attention for USC. Clowney was able to go 1 on 1 because of Ingram. He will not have that luxery this year.

Imagine a O having to contend with RN and Foster amongst others if the both end up together.:)

More athletic than Clowney is ballsy, IMO. Clowney is taller and was running down RBs with a 10 yard head start in HS.

More athletic than Clowney is ballsy, IMO. Clowney is taller and was running down RBs with a 10 yard head start in HS.

and he had 9 sacks i think 12 tfl's and thats playing half the game lol hard to top clowney's first yr even if you play a whole game as true frosh

Last edited:
Agreed. Plus, that's just kind of ridiculous to be comparing someone who's proven he can dominate in the SEC as a freshman to someone who hasn't played a down in college.

VN Store

Back