What age is considered old these days?

Fonz

So is 50 the new 40? Is 40 the new 30? At what age to you officially classify someone as old?

When I was 30 50 was old. Now that I'm 50 70 is the benchmark.

I don't know what to consider old. I can say that 50 is when I started feeling older and every year I ache more.

For you older people, what can I look forward to for when I get old? What are some good things about getting old?

For you older people, what can I look forward to for when I get old? What are some good things about getting old?

More patience. More wisdom at times. Clarity of what to do in various circumstances and how to handle situations because you have learned more through experience. Watching kids grow before your eyes. Seeing yourself in your kids. Better ability to deal with obstacles.

I'd say it depends; if you keep in decent shape and age gracefully then you're not going to be "old" probably well into your 60s, maybe 70.

I'm 35, and I look like I'm in my 20s. Part is I take care of myself, the other part is just good genes I guess. I don't "feel" 35, whatever that means. I know some people younger than me that look well older than me; I know some 60 year olds that play basketball at the Y 3 times a week with people over half their age. In a way, age doesn't really matter. Who cares if you're old or if you're young?

For a man, when you walk around with a 25 year old and people start to think you are "creepy" with her, that is when you are officially old.

For women, it's when they start getting the hot flashes and dry crotch.

I'm 33, and it seems like everywhere I go I am either the old one or the young one, depending on where I am. It is a weird age.

More patience. More wisdom at times. Clarity of what to do in various circumstances and how to handle situations because you have learned more through experience. Watching kids grow before your eyes. Seeing yourself in your kids. Better ability to deal with obstacles.

I can agree with most of this. In ten more years, I will probably understand completely.

VN Store

Back