13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of that has anything to do with it.. Bell wants to play the game and sanders doesn't.. Simple as that.. Can't blame either one.

Not playing the game when the defensive coaches haven't coached a game at UT. He didn't really know anything extensive until this weekend and won't know how well they can coach until the season starts.

Not playing the game when the defensive coaches haven't coached a game at UT. He didn't really know anything extensive until this we ekend and won't know how well they can coach until the season starts.

The defensive staff has nothing to do with what ac said.. He was talking about taking all his visits, having a good time, etc . I don't see the relevance or what you are arguing unless its" v bell does not trust the coaches"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The defensive staff has nothing to do with what ac said.. He was talking about taking all his visits, having a good time, etc . I don't see the relevance or what you are arguing unless its" v bell does not trust the coaches"

My point is everybody wants him to go ahead and give us a verbal. But why would he do that not really knowing the defensive coaches yet?

Last edited:
My point is everybody wants him to go ahead and give us a verbal. But why would he do that not really knowing the defensive coaches yet?

I want these kids to take their time in making their decision to commit to a school. Obviously you don't want them to wait to long but things are still really early for 2013 recruiting class.

Boy, when was our last in-state 5*.......we finally get another one and he happens to go across the border with his mom for school! So we dont get credit, even though he still lives here.

He lives in Chattanooga, Tn.

In my eyes, he is a in-state kid. Idc if he goes to HS in Ga.

On the flip side he will be another top instate kid from GA that Richt misses on.

The sad thing is that people will believe it too.

I can see the AJC headline now,
"Dooley and the Vols come in and take a 5* prospect from UGA's own back yard." The overreactions will be fun to see.

The sad thing is that people will believe it too.

I can see the AJC headline now,
"Dooley and the Vols come in and take a 5* prospect from UGA's own back yard." The overreactions will be fun to see.

Most UGA fans wouldn't know the full story on Bell so you can drop some knowledge on them.

Then why would any commit do it? Could be he's not comfortable with the coaches or he may be playing the game, could be neither

Last edited:
Then why would any commit do it? Could be he's not comfortable with the coaches or he may be playing the game, could be neither

What I was saying is let him meet with the coaches for a couple of months then he'll probably commit. At least let him build a relationship with the new coaches.

What I was saying is let him meet with the coaches for a couple of months then he'll probably commit. At least let him build a relationship with the new coaches.

+1

Didn't he just meet Dooley...and Ansley and Bell have been complete strangers...

I know it has been said multiple times, but if UT wins this year some of the recruiting battles will take care of themselves...

Alot of high profile guys coming off the board while we sit back and hope if we win, kids will consider being a Vol. Our recent big recruiting/Jr day weekend sure did not have the "hot sauce" alot of other teams did. I do think it is a good idea the coaches have offered more kids than anyone else in the SEC, we may need it.

^not effective in several ways.

While I agree with you for several reasons, it does help in a few ways.

One is that kids often point to schools that are on them early, and if we do lose some of the high profile guys to other schools, then having an established relationship with some fall backs is good policy.

That said, it also shows big time kids that we are recruiting a lot of players at their position. Also, it makes it harder to establish really strong ties with all of the players, because you are splitting time with a large number of recruits.

I just hope we get it done on the field. If we do that, a lot of these problems will solve themselves.

So true, BB! I don't know why everyone is freaking out, because Bell hasn't committed and Alexander de-committed. Not only is what you say true, but also these kids have not seen one down of defensive football on the field in a game with CSS in command. Why would they commit to a system that they don't even know what it looks like on the field? They can sit in the film room and talk all day and night about what we are going to do, but these kids need to see it on the field and the results that come along with it. I wouldn't be surprised to see us not get anymore defensive recruit commits until after the season begins...maybe one or 2 that don't need to see results on the field, or maybe some that make it to spring practice or the O&W game and see what our defense is doing. JMO.

So true, BB! I don't know why everyone is freaking out, because Bell hasn't committed and Alexander de-committed. Not only is what you say true, but also these kids have not seen one down of defensive football on the field in a game with CSS in command. Why would they commit to a system that they don't even know what it looks like on the field? They can sit in the film room and talk all day and night about what we are going to do, but these kids need to see it on the field and the results that come along with it. I wouldn't be surprised to see us not get anymore defensive recruit commits until after the season begins...maybe one or 2 that don't need to see results on the field, or maybe some that make it to spring practice or the O&W game and see what our defense is doing. JMO.

I've stated that earlier in this thread but people are still acting crazy. They act like a top flight player should commit to an unknown defense. Yes I have confidence in Sunseri but I don't what the hell he'll do as our D-coordinator.

I've stated that earlier in this thread but people are still acting crazy. They act like a top flight player should commit to an unknown defense. Yes I have confidence in Sunseri but I don't what the hell he'll do as our D-coordinator.

May not be pretty the first year. We'll see what we look like against NC State and UF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back