13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat Martin was overrated like hell. Janzen and Myles Jr. were going to be hell as a tandem. Hate we lost Ahmad Dixon to Baylor he would've been a fun one to watch in Orange this year as a junior.

Yeah Martin was way overated as a prospect. And outside of a few guys like Janzen, Myles, Berry and Morley none of those guys were rated as high as McNeil was and Bell will be.

We also have to remember out of high school Berry, Janzen and Morley were all recruited as cornerback prospects by just about everyone. I'm pretty sure Tennessee actually recruited all 3 as cornerbacks but moved them because of how depleted the safety position was.

Myles and Janzen would have been a great combo for sure.

Dixon would have been a great one. He is a hell of talent.

Yeah Martin was way overated as a prospect. And outside of a few guys like Janzen, Myles, Berry and Morley none of those guys were rated as high as McNeil was and Bell will be.

We also have to remember out of high school Berry, Janzen and Morley were all recruited as cornerback prospects by just about everyone. I'm pretty sure Tennessee actually recruited all 3 as cornerbacks but moved them because of how depleted the safety position was.

Obviously Berry, Janzen, and Morley were more elite players than the rest.

And yes, all three were originally labeled as CBs out of HS by Rivals. But it also was a pretty well known fact that all 3 were very versatile DBs that could play both Safety and Cornerback. I think UT had Safety in mind with Morley and Janzen. I'm not sure about Berry. I think the coaching staff knew they could just plug him wherever there was a weakness because he was that good of a football player.

Heffney was a natural CB too. He and Rashoun Fellows were going to be a pretty good tandem but you know good UT Dbs always get in trouble for some odd reason. Brent Vinson was another big waste of talent.

Heffney was a natural CB too. He and Rashoun Fellows were going to be a pretty good tandem but you know good UT Dbs always get in trouble for some odd reason. Brent Vinson was another big waste of talent.

You're right on Hefney too. It just seems to me throughout the years Tennessee has had to move corners to safety because they have been so depleted of talent at the position.

It will be nice for once to not have that problem. And McNeil and Bell are true safeties for sure.

As for Vinson...one of the biggest wastes of talent I've ever seen. He'd be making millions right now in the league if he had kept his head on straight. He absolutely had 5-star talent. He's up there with Dustin Moore as one of the biggest wastes of talent in Tennessee history.

As for Vinson...one of the biggest wastes of talent I've ever seen. He'd be making millions right now in the league if he had kept his head on straight. He absolutely had 5-star talent. He's up there with Dustin Moore as one of the biggest wastes of talent in Tennessee history.

No joke on Vinson....

Gonna throw Travis Cozart for the double TN list (h.s,UT)...

Getting Deion Bonner and Mac Alexander is just as big. Don't remember a set of CBs with that much talent lining up opposite of each other for us.

Exactly. Bonner is easy to forget about with all the drama
and coming to us so late in the game, dude is a stud. And Mac is elite 5* talent. Big things if we can hold on to him and pick up Vonn. Nasty.

Lol. I remember DMjr showing out in the O&W game and then his best Kelly Slater impersonation. Turrible.

Vonn Bell said he really enjoyed his time here and this was actually his third basketball game he has seen this year at TBA, all had been just to watch the Vols with some friends. He said the trip was very informative.
-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
How long did all the recruits stay at the game? I hope it was throughout its entirety, but I know sometimes they only do a half or so.

How long did all the recruits stay at the game? I hope it was throughout its entirety, but I know sometimes they only do a half or so.

I hope they at least saw the fail dunk.. I haven't , was listening on the way back from Athens

I just dont know about the word informative, something about that just doesnt say positive to me. Really that whole update doesnt seem to positive to me. But maybe its just because I'm a negative person.

Last edited:
I just dont know about the word informative, something about that just doesnt say positive to me. But Really that whole update doesnt seem to positive to me. But maybe its just because I'm a negative person.

I wondered about that. But maybe he meant he continues to see fan support for the Vols, and with a packed stadium, that could only be good. Kid is a UT fan.

I was at the game, and it was electric in there. The recruits stayed for the entire game, and seemed to be having a good time. I was sitting right next to them and Jacq and some hostesses were with Bell

I was at the game, and it was electric in there. The recruits stayed for the entire game, and seemed to be having a good time. I was sitting right next to them and Jacq and some hostesses were with Bell

Great that they stayed the whole game!

Sweet deal! Thanks!

Per 247, Bell really enjoyed his visit & he is planning on being back sometime this Spring. He enjoyed spending time w/ Coach Ansley & was impressed by some of the academic programs. Also said that even though he grew up a Tennessee fan he has no early leaders & it's to early to say if Tennessee will be a school he considers going forward.

Per 247, Bell really enjoyed his visit & he is planning on being back sometime this Spring. He enjoyed spending time w/ Coach Ansley & was impressed by some of the academic programs. Also said that even though he grew up a Tennessee fan he has no early leaders & it's to early to say if Tennessee will be a school he considers going forward.

Thats so contradictory. What kid doesn't at one point or the other think about playing for the team they're a fan of? lol We will be in consideration. For sure. :rock:

This kid is weighing his options. Smart kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back