'13 GA CB Shaq Wiggins (Transferring to UT)

Wiggins is good why not try and recruit him. I have no issue with a commit at another school who decides to visit UA during the week that our staff tries to flip him. Any good coach would do the same the ones that would not is why they are at the bottom of the conference.

No offense but Saban did not go to him. He cam e to UA and Saban told him you have a spot. We will give you an offer if you will commit. So nothing wrong with that. I know by UGA Ind response he thinks that CMR and staff are above all in recruiting.

Only CNS can do that. CDD would get laughed at.

Actually that is Mack Brown's method. You only get an offer if you show up for one of their jr days at 40 acres. An you are expected to commit on that trip. If you do not they are told the spot will be offered to the next one and probably will not be there later. Hence why Texas fills their class up in the spring for the most part.

Hopefully that will be the way for UA in the future. From reports on our 2 jr days we are doing that with players that are on level with others at the same position. Meaning if there ia another just as good the first one to commit gets the spot. Our last class Devall commited before Lambert and took the last LB spot in our class.

Actually that is Mack Brown's method. You only get an offer if you show up for one of their jr days at 40 acres. An you are expected to commit on that trip. If you do not they are told the spot will be offered to the next one and probably will not be there later. Hence why Texas fills their class up in the spring for the most part.

Hopefully that will be the way for UA in the future. From reports on our 2 jr days we are doing that with players that are on level with others at the same position. Meaning if there ia another just as good the first one to commit gets the spot. Our last class Devall commited before Lambert and took the last LB spot in our class.

I think we did that with some CBs last year(Bivins and Gray)? But we've got to get to that level of telling a good 4 star prospect your spot is gone. That means we're back to playing Tennessee football. Now TW are you all going to ever get real QB down there? Because I don't trust McCarron and your WRs to flat out win a game against a top tier defense. Or to keep up if the other team's offense is scoring on your defense(I think a real passing attack will give you guys trouble).

I think we did that with some CBs last year(Bivins and Gray)? But we've got to get to that level of telling a good 4 star prospect your spot is gone. That means we're back to playing Tennessee football. Now TW are you all going to ever get real QB down there? Because I don't trust McCarron and your WRs to flat out win a game against a top tier defense. Or to keep up if the other team's offense is scoring on your defense(I think a real passing attack will give you guys trouble).

AJ as a 1st year starter played well enough for me in the BCS game against the #2 D in the country. He was 23 of 34 avg 7 yds a pass against LSU with no picks. Not to shabby.Plus this spring we will have some major battles for the WR spot. I doubt that Bell or Norwood win any. I would not be surprised to see our top 3 in the fall be D Carter, D White, and M Shinn. I wll take those 3 all day long. Not to mention 2 freshaman Black and Cooper who were EEs along with 5 star E Williams.

Also Morris(QB) from Texas is a solid QB. But I think this year we probably will land our top QB under Saban.

The thing with our O has always been our OC, but our new OC apparantly likes to throw the ball around alot. But with our D and ability to control the clock limits pass happy offenses. Ask Ark fans Mallett's senior year when we kept him off the field.

BTW Ark was not an issue last year with their QB and loaded WR corps.

AJ as a 1st year starter played well enough for me in the BCS game against the #2 D in the country. He was 23 of 34 avg 7 yds a pass against LSU with no picks. Not to shabby.Plus this spring we will have some major battles for the WR spot. I doubt that Bell or Norwood win any. I would not be surprised to see our top 3 in the fall be D Carter, D White, and M Shinn. I wll take those 3 all day long. Not to mention 2 freshaman Black and Cooper who were EEs along with 5 star E Williams.

Also Morris(QB) from Texas is a solid QB. But I think this year we probably will land our top QB under Saban.

The thing with our O has always been our OC, but our new OC apparantly likes to throw the ball around alot. But with our D and ability to control the clock limits pass happy offenses. Ask Ark fans Mallett's senior year when we kept him off the field.

Mallet always had trouble with pressure up the middle. The BCS game against OSU was further proof of that. Remember how SCAR attacked your defense. On early downs and what not.

Also TW you don't think my boy Chris Jones is going to play a lot for you guys? He may be one of your better playmakers on the roster. Don't think there's a better guy after the catch for you guys. And I know his family personally. Lol but he's good and has always been a natural playmaker.

BTW Ark was not an issue last year with their QB and loaded WR corps.

TW if we are healthy when we play you guys you'll see exactly what your secondary is all about. 6'5 TE, two 6'3 WRs, and a 6'4 WR that's an olympic level athlete. Will be fun if we can run the ball on you guys and stop you from running the ball.

Mallet always had trouble with pressure up the middle. The BCS game against OSU was further proof of that. Remember how SCAR attacked your defense. On early downs and what not.

Also TW you don't think my boy Chris Jones is going to play a lot for you guys? He may be one of your better playmakers on the roster. Don't think there's a better guy after the catch for you guys. And I know his family personally. Lol but he's good and has always been a natural playmaker.

The only returning starter we had in our backfield was Barron. We started that year a true freshman at DB Milner. Not to mention MD missed the 1st 4 games because of suspension and was injured during the USC game. I also stated that UA manages the clock well and to do that you have to run the ball. MI just came back from his knee surgery and Julio along with DJ Fluker both got hurt that game. UAs biggest problem in 2010 was we had no depth, and that is not the case now.

TW if we are healthy when we play you guys you'll see exactly what your secondary is all about. 6'5 TE, two 6'3 WRs, and a 6'4 WR that's an olympic level athlete. Will be fun if we can run the ball on you guys and stop you from running the ball.

We have 2 JUCO all-american DBs that just joined the team that will battle it out with Milner who was a starter as a true freshman. Plus Lester returning. Sunseri replaced Barron when he got injured and we saw how good he was as a true freshman. That does not count HCD or LC who were 5 star safties coming out of HS. TBH our secondary will probably be the best is has ever been under Saban next fall.

Combine that with our pass rush and what we are returning at LB with depth, our D will also be one of the fastest under Saban.

I am saying any team can not score, pass, or rush on us, but the next 2 years we see some of our best D under Saban.

Regarding Jones, ues I think he will be a huge asset to our team in the fall. I just did not put him in as a starting WR becuase I see us using him in multiple spots. I think he will do what we alwasy wanted B Sims to do but never worked. I see Jones at WR, RB, PR, KR and in the pistol.

2 words.....Wiggins Island.

Audacious. Hasn't played a down of CFB. I actually hope he starts. I really do. I want him to get exposed against Patterson, Hunter, and Rogers. Take your pick, man. Each one will treat Wiggins like a red-headed step-child.

Audacious. Hasn't played a down of CFB. I actually hope he starts. I really do. I want him to get exposed against Patterson, Hunter, and Rogers. Take your pick, man. Each one will treat Wiggins like a red-headed step-child.

Ridiculous, if those three guys are the next coming of Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, & Randy Moss, then they won't be around to experience Wiggins Island. In fact, the thought of facing Wiggins Island will probably be the reason they leave. Fear Wiggins Island.

Ridiculous, if those three guys are the next coming of Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, & Randy Moss, then they won't be around to experience Wiggins Island. In fact, the thought of facing Wiggins Island will probably be the reason they leave. Fear Wiggins Island.

Wait until Cody Blanc meets Wiggins across the middle!

VN Store

Back