do we sign up to six DBs this year based on previous numbers

volfrk86

The reason why I ask is because from 2009 on our luck with DBs has not been that great as far as keeping them or getting them on campus after they sign. Out of 2009 they signed four three are no longer with the team edwards,jackson, and miles jr. In 2010 they signed 4 three are not on the team loften,clark, and dixson. In 2011 they sign eight thomas grayshirted, counts for 2012 loften signed again still did not qualify and pat martin transfered that leaves five who count for the 2011 class(coleman,randolph,orta,lanier,moore) In 2012 they sign four all of which have qualified or it appears they will. So out of the 20 DBs they signed from 09-12 they have nine who are currently on the team ten if blanc ends up playing saftey. 13 when you add wilks and wagner from 2008 who redshirted and teague who converted from wr all of which graduate this year.
Which brings us to 2013 I think they sign up to six maybe more.

S
Von bell,ga
Donnie miles jr,ga

Cb
Mackensie alexander,fl
Brendan langly,ga
Demetrius Monday,ga
Jaylen Ramsey,tn
(Jaylen reeves-mayben may play LB or S)

Others to watch

Kendal fuller,md
Leon mcquay,fl
Antonio conner,ms
Darius curry,ga
Taquan lang,ga
Brian walker,nc
Darius sims,tn
Trevellous cheek,ga

I know there are others please add input if you wish it would be appriciated.

Last edited:
I would expect us to be very choosey with our db's this year. I think we'll take 3-4, and I don't think we'll take any reaches. All of the db's we take this year will be very good. JMO.

Also, I expect Ansley to be a great recruiter, so that could really help attract some high quality db's.

Probably 4 and it depends on who it is. Mack. Alexander, J.Ramsey, Vonn Bell, and another big time DB. Hopefully we offer Ryan White here soon. But we'll see how this thing goes.

So much will depend on the total number we will have for the 2013 class. 4-6 is a reasonable number. 2 S and 4 DB or 1 S and 3 DB. If Dooley clears enough space for 25 in 2013 then 8 would be more likely.

if damar dorsey .
fellows corey smith here then we get a five star safty.

if damar dorsey .
fellows corey smith here then we get a five star safty.

I haven't heard anything about him in a while.. Super athlete and if hes cleaned up his act, he could be really good.

The reason why I ask is because from 2009 on our luck with DBs has not been that great as far as keeping them or getting them on campus after they sign. Out of 2009 they signed four three are no longer with the team edwards,jackson, and miles jr. In 2010 they signed 4 three are not on the team loften,clark, and dixson. In 2011 they sign eight thomas grayshirted, counts for 2012 loften signed again still did not qualify and pat martin transfered that leaves five who count for the 2011 class(coleman,randolph,orta,lanier,moore) In 2012 they sign four all of which have qualified or it appears they will. So out of the 20 DBs they signed from 09-12 they have nine who are currently on the team ten if blanc ends up playing saftey. 13 when you add wilks and wagner from 2008 who redshirted and teague who converted from wr all of which graduate this year.
Which brings us to 2013 I think they sign up to six maybe more.

S
Von bell,ga
Donnie miles jr,ga

Cb
Mackensie alexander,fl
Brendan langly,ga
Demetrius Monday,ga
Jaylen Ramsey,tn
(Jaylen reeves-mayben may play LB or S)

Others to watch

Kendal fuller,md
Leon mcquay,fl
Antonio conner,ms
Darius curry,ga
Taquan lang,ga
Brian walker,nc
Darius sims,tn
Trevellous cheek,ga

I know there are others please add input if you wish it would be appriciated.
I don't think we take that many. We have good numbers and talent at DB will only take up to five if they are the best available. We may have only 18-20 to give and need players at other positions.

I think Dooley will pull a Saban and we'll sign 25.

That's a lot of db's for one class lol

Seriously tho, no way we aren't signing at least 23 with all the talent we are in on this early. Especially if the wins come this year, the talent will definitely follow

VN Store

Back