13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jr. Day. If you go to the thread that lists the players visiting, you'd be excited if the Barn could get those types of players to visit :).

I like where your head is at.

But, unfortunately, Auburn's Junior Day this weekend will be much bigger than UT's Junior Day next weekend. Auburn will have like 12 4* prospects including UT prospects Carl Lawson, Tyshon Dye, Jordan Wilkins, DeMarcus Walker, Hunter Bivins, and Von Bell. Shaq Wiggins, Cameron Toney, and 2014 recruits Kelly Jr. and Elliot & Evan Berry will also be there.

I think UT is slowly going in the right direction, but right now UT still isn't attracting the top recruits like Alabama, Florida, LSU, UGA, and Auburn are in the SEC. UT HAS to start producing on the field to pass any of those teams in recruiting success. These 18 year old kids don't give a damn about 1998 anymore. Because of UT's history, tradition, and facilities they can still nationally do well in recruiting, but until UT starts winning again they will always be around 5th or 6th in the SEC.

EDIT: LynxVol, the last part of the post wasn't directed towards you. Just went off topic there for a little bit.

With that being said, UT's Junior Day certainly won't be a terrible one. Paul Fortenberry of VQ seems to think UT and Coach Dooley prefer a small number of prospects at junior days.

UT will have some of the same kids Auburn will have this weekend. Lawson, Dye, Bivins, Bell, and Toney will all be at UT the following weekend. As will Kelly Jr. I'd really like to see the Berry twins there though. I think that would say alot.

I gonna go with this guy delivering him to Knoxville.
689070.jpg

I know i wouldnt cross him.

Also, a poster on VQ "claims" that he talked to Vonn Bells brother last night & that his brother told him that him & his family are very upset that Tennessee wasn't the first to offer Bell.

Also, a poster on VQ "claims" that he talked to Vonn Bells brother last night & that his brother told him that him & his family are very upset that Tennessee wasn't the first to offer Bell.

Sounds like a dubious claim. I'd be very surprised if they were "very upset" about that. We got in on him pretty much when everybody else did, give or take a week or so.

I thought he was really wanting an LSU offer

I pass on him

Seems to like the drama too much

So I guess that means every school that offered after whoever was first he is mad at?

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah we don't need a safety like him or a CB like Mack. Alexander. Some guys on here I tell ya.

Dont like ones that want offers just to boost the ego

If hes a UT fan and VFL, he needs to drop the act and commit.

Let the coaches concentrate on ones that arent locked down

But that would be thinking about the team first

Reactions: 2 people

What does being a VFL have to do with it?

He's an extremely good player and we should recruit the hell out of him, regardless of the "drama."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

+1

How great would it be if we had recruits like other SEC teams that when they were "locks" they would just commit and focus on helping the coaching staff secure other top talent to join them in the class?

Seems our recruits like to cry to the media and or shop themselves around to see how many offers they can get in hopes of boosting their ranking. I would imagine it's hard for a kid like Bell to call up a fellow recruit and try and talk him into being a VFL when he is in the media talking about how he hopes LSU offers him.

"VFL", "Locks" and other terms used by fans on here are meaningless as noone knows what these kids will do. Especially when they have not committed. Guys like Autry, Jacobs, Peters and others were all "locks" as well until they picked another school and people on the board just claimed the next guy in line was better anyways.

+1

How great would it be if we had recruits like other SEC teams that when they were "locks" they would just commit and focus on helping the coaching staff secure other top talent to join them in the class?

Seems our recruits like to cry to the media and or shop themselves around to see how many offers they can get in hopes of boosting their ranking. I would imagine it's hard for a kid like Bell to call up a fellow recruit and try and talk him into being a VFL when he is in the media talking about how he hopes LSU offers him.

"VFL", "Locks" and other terms used by fans on here are meaningless as noone knows what these kids will do. Especially when they have not committed. Guys like Autry, Jacobs, Peters and others were all "locks" as well until they picked another school and people on the board just claimed the next guy in line was better anyways.

It's called recruiting; happens to every team not just us.

What does being a VFL have to do with it?

He's an extremely good player and we should recruit the hell out of him, regardless of the "drama."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Its all about being VFL

Thats what we want. Players who give 110% for this team, not for themselves

It's called recruiting; happens to every team not just us.

I get that it is recruiting. I also am pretty sure teams like Bama, UF, UGA, and other SEC teams use their early "locks" who commit instead of playing the game to build their class off of. If you go into a class needing to land 3 WRs and 2 top kids jump on board early it makes being selective about the 3rd one alot easier.

If a kid is a "lock", why would he not want to commit early and help build for his future by recruiting others to join him? Calling Rivals and telling them a team did not return his call or he hopes every other school in the SEC offers him does not seem to support the "lock" idea.

Winning would help recruiting wise. So would "locks" deciding to be a VFL and helping recruit future teammates. JMO

I get that it is recruiting. I also am pretty sure teams like Bama, UF, UGA, and other SEC teams use their early "locks" who commit instead of playing the game to build their class off of. If you go into a class needing to land 3 WRs and 2 top kids jump on board early it makes being selective about the 3rd one alot easier.

If a kid is a "lock", why would he not want to commit early and help build for his future by recruiting others to join him? Calling Rivals and telling them a team did not return his call or he hopes every other school in the SEC offers him does not seem to support the "lock" idea.

Winning would help recruiting wise. So would "locks" deciding to be a VFL and helping recruit future teammates. JMO

So fans consider him a lock and he wants to play the recruiting game? Or did Bell call himself a Vol lock?

So fans consider him a lock and he wants to play the recruiting game? Or did Bell call himself a Vol lock?

I think he had about 72 family members, friends, or hired help on here making claims of VFL weeks ago. "He was just waiting by the phone for the call". Since his offer, everything seems to point to VFL was never very accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back