Official Nashville Predators Thread

I was nice quieting the blackhawk fans on Tuesday. Around the 4:30 break in the game to clean the ice the entire arena was on their feet cheering for a solid 5 minutes straight. Absolutely incredible crowd and I can honestly say Nashville has deep respect for the game

Dman Hal Gill has been traded to the Preds for Geoffrion, Slaney, and a 2nd rnd pick in '12. There's our big bottom pair dman we needed at 6'7 240. Supposedly he's excellent on the PK. He probably won't get to many mins 5-5 though.

Also wanted to add that he's been to the SC finals several times and won it with Pitt. He definitely has the experience.

One helluva game so far. If we can end this dang streak, it would be a huge boost. It would also put a big smile on my face.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What's even more frustrating than that finish was our inability to bury our chances. Several breakaways and odd man rushes, but we just can't put the puck in the net. We went toe to toe with the Wings, and could have come out on top.

We need one more piece to really contend for the Cup.

Rick Nash would be the best choice obviously but...
One of Hemsky, Kostitsyn or Carter would be nice.

Is Nash a realistic pick up? I'd love to see it, and it sends a message that we want the Cup.

Is Nash a realistic pick up? I'd love to see it, and it sends a message that we want the Cup.

I can all but guarantee that getting one of the two big guns from Columbus will cost a heavy price in either roster players or top prospects who will soon be roster players. Probably the 1st-rounder this year and at least two of Ryan Ellis, Roman Josi, Craig Smith, and Anders Lindback, or three of them and keep the pick.

Honestly, although Nashville has the pieces to do it, I don't see it happening. I can see taking a run at someone like Antoine Vermette if a deal with Columbus is to be made, but not Nash or Carter.

And before anyone freaks out, Ales Hemsky has not been traded to Nashville for Ellis and a 1st.

I highly doubt Nash or Carter are traded here. Hemsky is a nice player, but is always hurt. What we need is a finisher, not another playmaker.

VN Store

Back