NIT Bracketology

So, some of us are still holding on to faint NCAA hopes, and we're only projected as a 7 in the NIT. Great.
If those projections hold, and we play at either USF or UCF as a 2, I might be able to make it, depending on the day/time. But, I'm sure all of that will change over the coming weeks.

Show of hands who thinks Tennessee has a chance of getting an at large bid? :whistling:

I don't get the projected seeding though. UCF and Dayton 2 seeds? Illinois and Minnesota, both well below .500 in their conference get 1 seeds?

Show of hands who thinks Tennessee has a chance of getting an at large bid? :whistling:

(1) Beat Austin Peay (2) Beat Memphis in Hawaii (3) Beat Mississippi State (4) Beat UGA in Athens (5) beat Ky by 2 and not lose by 2, and we punch our own ticket.

All of the above mentioned loses, were by 3 points or less. Very close margin between us being in the NCAA tourney and out of it.
It is often said that football is a game of inches, well then basketball is a game of........

UT has a very, very, slim, slim chance at an at large bid...They will need to win the rest of the season and make it to the SEC final...and get some help from a bunch of bubble teams.

(1) Beat Austin Peay (2) Beat Memphis in Hawaii (3) Beat Mississippi State (4) Beat UGA in Athens (5) beat Ky by 2 and not lose by 2, and we punch our own ticket.

All of the above mentioned loses, were by 3 points or less. Very close margin between us being in the NCAA tourney and out of it.
It is often said that football is a game of inches, well then basketball is a game of........

has a shot. not had a shot

UT has a very, very, slim, slim chance at an at large bid...They will need to win the rest of the season and make it to the SEC final...and get some help from a bunch of bubble teams.

If my calculations are right, that's about a 0.001%

One of the things that helps UT is the fact that the Pac-12 is horrible and likely to get only 1 or 2 teams in the big dance whereas they ususally get 4 or 5 in the tourney.

This is a big IF: win the rest of our regular season games and then win at least one tournament game. If we win the remaining reg season games, we need to put a pretty decent beatdown on Vandy

One of the things that helps UT is the fact that the Pac-12 is horrible and likely to get only 1 or 2 teams in the big dance whereas they ususally get 4 or 5 in the tourney.

This is a big IF: win the rest of our regular season games and then win at least one tournament game. If we win the remaining reg season games, we need to put a pretty decent beatdown on Vandy

that's only 19 wins with 14 losses. that won't get it. 20 wins is the only way we get in, and that is with a lot of help.

that's only 19 wins with 14 losses. that won't get it. 20 wins is the only way we get in, and that is with a lot of help.

i think 19 would get us in if we were a bye team in the conference tournament, and made it to the final day. thatd put us at 19-14 and a rpi around 55. thats just my 2 cents though.

i think we would atleast be getting some bubble talk at that point, and may be dependant on what other teams do.

Putting the SEC ahead of te Big East and ACC is a joke
No, it's not. The Big East is a paper tiger with three good teams and a bunch of mediocre ones. One of those three good teams (Marquette) got thrashed by Vanderbilt at home and lost to LSU. The Big East will get the most teams into the tournament, like usual, but don't forget that's because it has the most teams.

The ACC is weak. UNC and Duke are still pretty good, but neither of them are any where near Kentucky. Florida State is pretty good, but they're way more erratic than either Florida or Vanderbilt. Virginia is a similar team to Alabama in that they don't score too well but they play tight defense. But, where the SEC is better than the ACC is at the bottom... This will put it in perspective: South Carolina beat Clemson at Clemson.

We didn't even need to do all of that. Beat 2/3 out of Austin Peay St., College of Charleston, and Oakland, and our ticket wouldn't be punched yet, but we'd be getting close.

VN Store

Back