AJC article about Kiffin and Tennessee.

i would love to see tennessee in the national champ game against usc vols go 11-1 win sec and play usc ow ow ow.

just another turd that went down the toilet.
Not gonna waste my time.

We can play all the if games we want but as someone said if USC doesn't come a calling Kiffin is still here and who knows where we would be but i would bet we don't have losing seasons and say what you want Kiffins staffs can usually recruit.And to have had his limitations on scholarships the last three years he has done a heck of a job.Granted with Orgeron on any staff how they stay off probation with all the rumors on him

It is possible, but Kiffin himself said that things would get worse before they got better. Maybe the team would have gone through the storming phase in 2010 instead of 2011 and Kentucky would have beat us then...who knows. Remember it was Kiffin who recruited Matt Simms instead of that other guy. A lot of Kiffin's recruits didn't last long, so he may or may not of had exactly the same results.

You cannot compare recruiting at USC to UTK. I'm a UTK Alum and love the campus, but from the highway it doesn't have the same appeal and aura that USC has. I took my daughter on a college visit to USC. USC is an oasis in the middle of a lot of crappy East LA neighborhoods. The campus life is just on a different level than the rest of the world--for example, they get movies premiered at the campus theater--not just your regular movie premier, either--they'll get the entire cast to introduce the movie and sit in the audience. Like I said, things are just different and the campus sells itself.

We can speculate how things could have gone if Phil was retained, or USC never called Kiffin away, but the fact is we are where we are and we have who we have. We have weathered a pretty foul storm over the past couple of years, but there are clear skies ahead and 2012 will be a lot different.

Reactions: 5 people
i would love to see tennessee in the national champ game against usc vols go 11-1 win sec and play usc ow ow ow.

Yeah, that probably wont happen. We will have a good year though. I'm wondering what the hell Dooley haters will cry about at that point.

Kiffin is certainly not a moron.

Don't lose to UK and people can't take such shots, not a hard thing to do.

Maybe. But the UCLA team we got beat by under Kiffin's watch pretty much sucked, too. But we can go ahead and overlook that if you want.

Reactions: 3 people
You are not alone KingUT. The SGM's and the allvols of this board are the only ones thats gives a crap what Kiffin says.

Kiffin is certainly not a moron.

Don't lose to UK and people can't take such shots, not a hard thing to do.

You certainly are.

Why don't you do it then since it's sooo easy? I bet you have one bad ass record coaching peewee football. And if it's such an easy thing to do, why did voters put LSU in the National Championship after losing to Kentucky a few years ago? If beating Kentucky is "not a hard thing to do", that loss should have eliminated LSU from getting a championship bid, right?

So now you're a better coach than Dooley/Miles and you're more intelligent than sports writers. You must have a really sweet job since you're not doing either one of those things despite your greatness at both.

You certainly are.

Why don't you do it then since it's sooo easy? I bet you have one bad ass record coaching peewee football. And if it's such an easy thing to do, why did voters put LSU in the National Championship after losing to Kentucky a few years ago? If beating Kentucky is "not a hard thing to do", that loss should have eliminated LSU from getting a championship bid, right?

So now you're a better coach than Dooley/Miles and you're more intelligent than sports writers. You must have a really sweet job since you're not doing either one of those things despite your greatness at both.

Most realistic defense of Dooley to date. He is a better coach than are the fans. Getting our money's worth there.

We all know lame and wiener are POS. wiener has already broken the big 12 gentleman's agreement on recruiting . :yuck:

VN Store

Back