'13 FL S MacKenro Alexander

mr flat top, you do realize those are direct quotes from the kid.

HG is actually bringing info to this site. its the 2nd time ive noticed you have wrongfully attacked him.

I would take a Jordan Diggs for a package deal. Helluva package if you ask me. Better than some of the guys on our roster.

Alexander won't consider UT because of distance. Per Rivals. Doesn't bode well for UT's chances of keeping his brother's commitment.

Again, I don't think he commits or has us as his current #1 if he doesn't feel good about the distance. JMO.

its neither

the two arenot the same caliber athlete or prospect.

how many teams have even offered both? how many will?

its neither

Do you think MacKenro is good enough to warrant a scholarship from other big time schools?

They can sell that to the family, and it can't help us.

Not saying it's that much of a factor at this point, but it may become one as time marches on.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

why doesnt it bode well?

Because MacKenro says that him and his brother MacKenzie (who is commited to UT) are trying to go to the same school. Doesn't necessarily mean it is 100% fact that they will, but it is obvious that is their plan. So the fact that MacKenro straight up says he won't be even considering UT because of distance tells me that things don't bode well for UT's chances of holding on to MacKenzie.

Does that mean UT won't hold onto MacKenzie's commitment? No, they could and I hope they do. But the fact is those comments don't help with the already bad situation.

That's funny. It was a great time for four years. There are a couple alums on here. The school gets some great students, and it also gets some poor students that can fork out all the tuition. Luckily I got a really good scholarship, or I would be wallowing in debt.

I go to Sewanee. I understand exactly what you mean. Some kids are really good, some are total idiots who are just loaded. I got lucky to get a pretty good scholarship too. didn't know a poster on VN was in the same conference as me (or would admit to it).

its neither

None ATM because MacKenro has zero current offers. But his latest Rivals article indicates Miami is very close to offering. So I guess that would be the first school who sends out offers to both the brothers. But the same article says that MacKenzie has little to no interest in Miami. So I don't think UT fans would have anything to worry about in those regards.

It says MacKenro has visited...but MacKenzie hasn't? Anyone know when he visited, or was it just a trip through Knoxville?

have you heard mackensie say that? I havent.

No I haven't heard MacKensie say that. Just his brother, MacKenro. The latest article on MacKenro is actually pretty confusing.

Starts off with saying MacKenro is about to receive his first offer from Miami and how MacKenro is wanting/trying to play college ball with his brother MacKensie (UT commit).

But then it says that UT commit MacKensie is not interested at all in Miami, and also says that MacKenro has ruled out UT because of distance.

So to me it sounds like a situation where one brother (MacKensie) wants/doesn't care to go out of state to play ball, but the other brother (MacKenro) wants to stay close to home. So if they truly want to play together somethings got to give.

Also could be a thing where MacKenro is saying he wants to play with his brother because he knows MacKensie is getting much better offers than he is and he knows a package deal could land him at a better location. I'm not sure.

No I haven't heard MacKensie say that. Just his brother, MacKenro. The latest article on MacKenro is pretty actually confusing.

Starts off with saying MacKenro is about to receive his first offer from Miami and how MacKenro is wanting/trying to play college ball with his brother MacKensie (UT commit).

But then it says that UT commit MacKensie is not interested at all in Miami, and also says that MacKenro has ruled out UT because of distance.

So to me it sounds like a situation where one brother (MacKensie) wants/doesn't care to go out of state to play ball, but the other brother (MacKenro) wants to stay close to home. So if they truly want to play together somethings got to give.

Also could be a thing where MacKenro is saying he wants to play with his brother because he knows MacKensie is getting much better offers than he is and he knows a package deal could land him at a better location. I'm not sure.

Mackenro is trying to get a big time offer. Would do him a lot better to just play at a smaller D1 school where it would be harder to recruit over him. He's a safety in a CB body.

Mackenro is trying to get a big time offer. Would do him a lot better to just play at a smaller D1 school where it would be harder to recruit over him. He's a safety in a CB body.

His latest Rivals article says he is being recruited primarily as a S/OLB.

VN Store

Back