KY loses @ AL - TN back in first place in the SEC!!

Volstylexx

The improbable happened tonight. AL beats KY tonight 76-72 for only their 2nd SEC win this year. The great news, TN is back in first place in the SEC! Go Lady Vols!

It is certainly not our Lady Vols fault that we have too many "fans" who do not have the good sense to support our Ladies, when they have been our most consistent winners over all their years.

Reactions: 1 person
Lucky number 10.... Glad they got a break. Now that they are getting healthy, I hope they finish strong!

I was hoping for this. Monday's demolition has had some carryover effect on KY.

Kentucky is still ahead are they not? Tied SEC record but KY holds advantage with regular season wins? ESPN standings also show kentucky ahead of us.

I think UK will lose at least one more game. The Lady Vols just need to keep winning and it will all work out. Uk still has Vandy and SC to deal with.

Kentucky is still ahead are they not? Tied SEC record but KY holds advantage with regular season wins? ESPN standings also show kentucky ahead of us.

We split, so head-to-head doesn't break the tie. ESPN might list KY above us simply because K comes before T in the alphabet.

I haven't checked, but the tiebreaker might be winning % vs the 3rd place team, followed by winning % vs the 4th place team, etc., until the tie is broken.

If the LVs win at Ole Miss on Sunday, there will be a lot of pressure on KY, because it's unlikely that the LVs will lose at home in the final week with the league title on the line. KY doesn't play again until Monday, and then they have 3 games in a 7-day span. If the LVs win on Sunday, KY will probably have to take all 3 of them to stay tied.

Typical KY.

Vols should win out and UK might lose 2.
This will be the norm for KY until they get better quality depth on the roster. Mitchell has them winning but I think they have been run into the ground and are worn out. The final stretch will not be easy for them. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

VN Store

Back