'13 TN RB Marquis Morton

I just don't understand why someone would post on here (knowing their relatives are present) something that publicly bashes the recruit. JMO. It's just not classy. Keep that crap to yourself. How many times does it have to be said that (this is unrelated to Morton) that parents, relatives, friends, etc. get on here to check on what is being said about a recruit?

I just don't understand why someone would post on here (knowing their relatives are present) something that publicly bashes the recruit. JMO. It's just not classy. Keep that crap to yourself. How many times does it have to be said that (this is unrelated to Morton) that parents, relatives, friends, etc. get on here to check on what is being said about a recruit?

In general, I agree. I don't think I've ever commented on a recruit's character, and rarely said anything negative about their ability on the field.

However, I don't think on a fansite in a forum for recruiting that users should have to shut down their discussion on a recruit's potential or fit for our team just because a parent is present. Some people are tactless, but that's part of the board.

In general, I agree. I don't think I've ever commented on a recruit's character, and rarely said anything negative about their ability on the field.

However, I don't think on a fansite in a forum for recruiting that users should have to shut down their discussion on a recruit's potential or fit for our team just because a parent is present. Some people are tactless, but that's part of the board.

I agree, and that is why I said "knowing their relatives are present." On top of that, why on earth you would say the player isn't any good and isn't D1 talent? That's just dumb.

Based on my experience, I've seen plenty of kids I personally didn't think were D1 talent that actually ended up very good athletes down the road at a D1 school.

I agree, and that is why I said "knowing their relatives are present." On top of that, why on earth you would say the player isn't any good and isn't D1 talent? That's just dumb.

Based on my experience, I've seen plenty of kids I personally didn't think were D1 talent that actually ended up very good athletes down the road at a D1 school.
Most of that is complete hogwash. Much of this board ripped Gunner Kiel during his recruitment. I guess it's ok if the recruit is committed elsewhere or isn't considering UT. As long as someone isn't making personally derogatory comments, then it's silly to call them out just in case a relative might be reading the forums.

OoltawahVol is the one that should actually leave the thread alone. He has spoken his opinion on Morton, no need to beat a dead horse. sounds like you got something personal against the guy.

Time will tell what the future holds for Morton

Don't overlook the fact that you and I could go on a Florida/Bama board and pose as one of them bashing a recruit as well.

It happens here all the time I assure you. Cause angst from within.

Don't overlook the fact that you and I could go on a Florida/Bama board and pose as one of them bashing a recruit as well.

It happens here all the time I assure you. Cause angst from within.

Which would speak volumes about that person's character. My main problem is doing it when you know a parent/relative is present. Of course, we all will be biased if its a UT recruit. But, this case is unique. He wants to get attention from UT and his family is present.

Enough said, let's move on.

have you heard of SOPA? bc thats what this board is becoming.

I have seen this young man play two or three times. Though not a name you here mentioned with the top prospects in the state, he is good enough to get looks from many schools including SEC schools. Whether he gets offered by SEC schools remains to be seen. Still maintain this young man will have the opportunity to attend camps and compete for scholarships. Hope he has a really good spring

OoltawahVol is the one that should actually leave the thread alone. He has spoken his opinion on Morton, no need to beat a dead horse. sounds like you got something personal against the guy.

Time will tell what the future holds for Morton

I think it's called envy. Jealous............the old green eye thing

:crazy:

One game don't make or break nobody. I guess you had plenty of time to look at him from the side lines. You are probably one of those people that wish you were as good as he is but never will be. Stop all the hating and just be glad they let you put on a uniform to hand out the water to the real players on your team.

Yeah seein how I threw for 300 yards and 3 tds in 3 quarters that game hahah

Reactions: 1 person
I love how this guy's mom gets on here and sets ppl straight! can anyone say Billy Badass? hahaha, joking but this kid looks pretty solid. He gets that 40 time up a lil bit and he could be a great pick up for UT. Hes got the size in my opnion

Yeah seein how I threw for 300 yards and 3 tds in 3 quarters that game hahah

Hey man we've heard you more than one time. You beat them and beat them bad. No need to keep telling them. Pretty sure they remember you if you ended their season. Let it go young man.

SN: I just wonder since you're such a hotshot where is your highlight tape? You're dogging the boy after you guys beat him but what does your offer list look like son? If it's nothing big then be quiet get off this board and go work on your game. Because you may not be as good as you think you are.

Reactions: 4 people
Ooltewah has every right to respond to Mr/Mrs Morton's post about him handing out water on the sideline. Maybe Morton's parent(s) should think before posting. Just because a parent of a high school football player starts posting about their kid does not provide them immunity on VN...especially when they start calling people out. JMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
It just got real

This is getting stupid. The Mortons should leave this thread alone and ooltewah should too. The reason we deal with MZTERRY is because she came on the board not saying she was Croom's mother at first and second she wasn't just blasting everyone that didn't like her son. Then after he committed she let us know who she was and it was a done deal. This situation here is just plain odd. Both parties should leave this thread alone though because it's doing nothing but making them both look bad.

Hey man we've heard you more than one time. You beat them and beat them bad. No need to keep telling them. Pretty sure they remember you if you ended their season. Let it go young man.

SN: I just wonder since you're such a hotshot where is your highlight tape? You're dogging the boy after you guys beat him but what does your offer list look like son? If it's nothing big then be quiet get off this board and go work on your game. Because you may not be as good as you think you are.

Get him Breaker!! I am anxious to see his Hi lite film as well. I wonder If Stanford has an interest in him?

This is getting stupid. The Mortons should leave this thread alone and ooltewah should too. The reason we deal with MZTERRY is because she came on the board not saying she was Croom's mother at first and second she wasn't just blasting everyone that didn't like her son. Then after he committed she let us know who she was and it was a done deal. This situation here is just plain odd. Both parties should leave this thread alone though because it's doing nothing but making them both look bad.

Yep

Ooltewah has every right to respond to Mr/Mrs Morton's post about him handing out water on the sideline. Maybe Morton's parent(s) should think before posting. Just because a parent of a high school football player starts posting about their kid does not provide them immunity on VN...especially when they start calling people out. JMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree to an extent, but both parties need to get the hell out of this thread. If Morton gets an offer then his thread will be bumped if he doesn't he doesn't.

Get him Breaker!! I am anxious to see his Hi lite film as well. I wonder If Stanford has an interest in him?

And after reading the Mortons comments I understand where he's coming from but the line needs to drawn somewhere. I would also expect the Mortons to realize as adults to not argue with a kid. Pretty sure they're older than me and I won't argue with HS kids.

Want to say that I enjoyed watching Marquis' vid so much that I watched it again. Not to analyze it; I just enjoyed watching him play. I don't recall seeing any video that wowed me that way. No, I'm not a talent assessment type, so this is JMHO. But I have to think that the guy has D-1 talent if he can adjust to the speed and skill on the field. He appears to have more natural talent than any RB on our team at this time. I hope that our coaches take a very good look at him.

Personally, I welcome Mr. Morton to this thread, as I would also welcome his son to our team if the coaches offer him. But I urge him to use the filter feature. There obviously are flamers posting on VN who merit neither reading nor reply.

Last edited:
Speaks volumes about ooltewah's character. Trash-talking to a recruits' parents. I know mr./mrs. Morton reacted, but there was no reason for ooltewah to speak up in protest against this kid knowing a parent is present. Best that the mods set a standard here by deleting some of this garbage or someone be the bigger person and s t f u.

VN Store

Back