'13 TN ATH Jalen Ramsey (Former USCw, now FSU commit)

Yeah, I feel like I am crossing that age threshold where I am losing it with popular culture. 25 and I do not know "dap".

Where do you think Jalen Ramsey is leaning VOL fans?

This is the first time I've heard about this kid but Bryan Mathews just posted an article on him over at Auburn Undercover.

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey from Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy, who is rated a 4-star and the nation’s No. 6 cornerback and No. 112 overall prospect, attended last fall’s Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare Stadium and was back in Auburn two weeks ago for a Junior Day.

“It was good. Everything was good,” Ramsey said. “I got to meet with the new defensive coordinator, Coach (Brian) Van Gorder, and Coach (Gene) Chizik.

“They were good. They are good coaches and know what they’re talking about. They’re nice people.”

Ramsey, 6-foot and 180 pounds, is up to 16 offers including Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, California, Washington, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Purdue and South Florida.

“It’s great,” Ramsey said of the offers. “God blessed me with so much ability and gifts.”

Ramsey doesn’t have any current favorites and plans to be thorough in evaluating all his suitors.

“I’m going to go on as many visits as I can take trying to get to all the schools that have offered me first,” he said. “I’m trying to get all those visits so I can see everything and know everything about each school so I can make a good choice.

“...When I know I’m comfortable with a school is when I will make a decision. I don’t think it will be anytime soon.”

Ramsey said he’s looking for, “great academics, a good football program and great people to surround me -- an all-around perfect fit.”

Where do you think Jalen Ramsey is leaning VOL fans?

This is the first time I've heard about this kid but Bryan Mathews just posted an article on him over at Auburn Undercover.

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey from Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy, who is rated a 4-star and the nation’s No. 6 cornerback and No. 112 overall prospect, attended last fall’s Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare Stadium and was back in Auburn two weeks ago for a Junior Day.

“It was good. Everything was good,” Ramsey said. “I got to meet with the new defensive coordinator, Coach (Brian) Van Gorder, and Coach (Gene) Chizik.

“They were good. They are good coaches and know what they’re talking about. They’re nice people.”

Ramsey, 6-foot and 180 pounds, is up to 16 offers including Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, California, Washington, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Purdue and South Florida.

“It’s great,” Ramsey said of the offers. “God blessed me with so much ability and gifts.”

Ramsey doesn’t have any current favorites and plans to be thorough in evaluating all his suitors.

“I’m going to go on as many visits as I can take trying to get to all the schools that have offered me first,” he said. “I’m trying to get all those visits so I can see everything and know everything about each school so I can make a good choice.

“...When I know I’m comfortable with a school is when I will make a decision. I don’t think it will be anytime soon.”

Ramsey said he’s looking for, “great academics, a good football program and great people to surround me -- an all-around perfect fit.”

He's going to be a Vol so in your case I wouldn't worry about it.

Not Auburn. On a serious note, Vol.

If Coach VanGorder and Thigpen want him we have a pretty damn good chance at him.

Not to mention we might just be getting one of the best DB recruiters in college football with Willie Martinez very soon.

If Coach VanGorder and Thigpen want him we have a pretty damn good chance at him.

Not to mention we might just be getting one of the best DB recruiters in college football with Willie Martinez very soon.

You've got a lot of ground to make up. He may not have a leader but he's been up for quite a few games. He'll be in Knoxville next week I think.

I am friends with him and him and Corn want to take all their visits.

That might change if the dream situation comes along but they want to make sure the right decision is being made

Dream situation as in playing for the commodores right?

You've got a lot of ground to make up. He may not have a leader but he's been up for quite a few games. He'll be in Knoxville next week I think.

Yeah, I have no doubt that Tennessee leads big time right now but his recent quotes say he is not planning a decision anytime soon. He has already been to AU twice and is probably gonna be down for Big Cat Weekend in May.

VN Store

Back