Star Wars:3D

volsforever27

I ain't dead yet *****
Anyone going?

Thinking about waiting until the OT comes out.

Just hate to pay that much for something I've seen a billion times just for the 3D.

Anyone going?

Thinking about waiting until the OT comes out.

Just hate to pay that much for something I've seen a billion times just for the 3D.

I'm hoping the movie place here has a midnight showing if so I'm going.

Episode 1 was my least favorite. Therefore I won't be attending the 3D showing.

I wish George Lucas would decide if he's going to do Episodes 7,8 and 9 instead of screwing with what he's already done.

So far they haven't listed it as showing here, if they are not showing it I'm going to be super pissed.

I actually just saw it on the Turkey Creek Pinnacle listings for tomorrow. I'm considering it, but doubtful.

edit: didn't see your location, nevermind.

Lucas has turned into a third rate hack....but I guess milking it for all it is worth is the american way.

I wish George Lucas would decide if he's going to do Episodes 7,8 and 9 instead of screwing with what he's already done.

#5. Star Wars: George Lucas

Here's the general pop culture consensus on George Lucas: He sucks now, but he once wrote and directed the first Star Wars trilogy, which makes him another innovative, rebellious filmmaker whose creative fire has tragically guttered out.

But here's the truth: Lucas couldn't lose it because he never had it.

Who Actually Deserves the Credit:

First things first: Lucas absolutely was the brilliant mastermind behind the Star Wars movie ... prequels. I through III? That was all Lucas. But IV through VI? The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were directed by Irv Kershner and Richard Marquand, respectively, and both screenplays were written by Lawrence Kasdan. But that still leaves Lucas as the writer/director of Episode IV, right? That's the big one: The Star Wars that put the "Star Wars" in Star Wars.

But A New Hope wasn't entirely Lucas, either: A fellow USC film grad, Gary Kurtz, who first collaborated with Lucas on his breakthrough film, American Graffiti, was producer for both Star Wars and Empire. Kurtz did more than an ordinary producer, however: Beyond running the day-to-day operations of the films, Kurtz also ended up coaching the actors (which is, technically speaking, the director's job).

Even minor characters like C-3PO weren't the juice of Lucas' mindgrapes. Lucas originally wanted 3PO to be an "oily, car salesman type" rather than our lovably gay robot butler friend. If that character archetype sounds familiar, that's because Lucas would later get his sleazy salesman in The Phantom Menace, in the shape of the flying anti-Semitic stereotype, Watto. The actually likeable, not-racist version of C-3PO that we know today was largely thanks to Anthony Daniels. Daniels was originally hired as just a mime inside the gold suit, with someone else providing the voice-over. But actor Stan Freberg convinced Lucas to not use a different voice and stick with Daniels -- which is particularly remarkable since Freberg was one of the actors considered to replace Daniels' voice. That's right: A struggling actor actually had to step up and sacrifice his own livelihood just to kill one of Lucas' terrible ideas.

The man is like the original sin of filmmakers.

6 Pop Culture Visionaries Who Get Too Much Credit | Cracked.com

I think his role in the creative story processes for both Indiana Jones and Star Wars was pretty substantial.

I think his role in the creative story processes for both Indiana Jones and Star Wars was pretty substantial.

He obviously must have/had some talents he brings to the table. But this analysis by cracked completely explains what the hell went wrong with the second trilogy, IMO. Lucas can be awesome when teamed up with the right guy (other than Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls).

He obviously must have/had some talents he brings to the table. But this analysis by cracked completely explains what the hell went wrong with the second trilogy, IMO. Lucas can be awesome when teamed up with the right guy (other than Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls).

I know some people think Episodes 1-3 are bad because Lucas surrounded himself with people who wouldn't challenge any of his ideas.

I need a hernia more than I need to see Jar Jar Binks in 3D.

Pass.

I agree.

I've said for years Lucas was lucky... he had the right things happen at just the right time.

He's a great storyteller, he just sucks at everything else. Even the actors will admit that.

That said, the OT rules all. Episode 1 had too much "yipee" and Jar Jar, not enough Darth Maul (Maul was pretty b.a.).

I've said for years Lucas was lucky... he had the right things happen at just the right time.

He's a great storyteller, he just sucks at everything else. Even the actors will admit that.

That said, the OT rules all. Episode 1 had too much "yipee" and Jar Jar, not enough Darth Maul (Maul was pretty b.a.).

That's what makes I-III so disappointing. Certain elements of it were so awesome, but the garbage ideas ruined the overall product.

Maul should have killed a lot of jedi.......brutally

I was a huge HUGE SW's fan until the last 3 came out.

I was so amped for darth maul when it opened and sitting in the movie I remember thinking "holy crap this sucks."

It burned me so bad my views of the next two are forever jaded. I just can't like any of them.

I will probably take my son to this simply so he can see the pod racers 3d but it will be painful and I'm only do it for memories.

Lucas has become a hack.

Maul should have killed a lot of jedi.......brutally

maul should have been in all 3 as the main bad guy and threat, which allowed the emperor to need control and take power. then AS should have killed him and taken his spot.

He should have wiped out alot of jedi.

why create someone that cool and give him 8 minutes or so in the movie?

maul should have been in all 3 as the main bad guy and threat, which allowed the emperor to need control and take power. then AS should have killed him and taken his spot.

He should have wiped out alot of jedi.

why create someone that cool and give him 8 minutes or so in the movie?

All for this, I wish the clones were darth maul clones

VN Store

Back