Formula 1 Thread

the true Greatest Spectacle in Racing happens in Central Indiana over Memorial Day weekend.

Not since they've gone spec racing and cut the month in half. They've recently started having true bump days, so that's a step in the right direction. When IndyCar allows different types and configurations of engines, let me know.

Not since they've gone spec racing and cut the month in half. They've recently started having true bump days, so that's a step in the right direction. When IndyCar allows different types and configurations of engines, let me know.

I'm letting you know.

Senna is on Netflix! Watching it now.

Edit: Just finished watching it. Terrific film. I couldn't contain myself during the scene with Aryton and his father after the 91 Brazilian Grand Prix. Just shows how important that victory was for him. An amazing human being and it is such a shame the world lost him way too early.

Anyone who is an F1 fan should watch this film.

Last edited:
I saw Reubens Barichello was testing an Indycar and may jump over to be a teammate to Tony Kannan this year. I would love to see Reubens over here this year and as a teammate to Kannan would provide plenty of interesting moments.

Pics of the 2012 Force India VJM05, Ferrari F2012, Lotus E20, Sauber C31, and Toro Rosso STR7

Formula 1

and the Red Bull RB8

Formula 1

First preseason testing starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
What's the obsession with the nose that looks pinched at the front? McLaren looks like the only car without one and is the only good looking one of the bunch, imo.

What's the obsession with the nose that looks pinched at the front? McLaren looks like the only car without one and is the only good looking one of the bunch, imo.

New rules from the FIA which state the the nose needs to be lower. Over the past few seasons the noses have gotten higher, which helps to push more air under the car and aid the rear diffuser.

Problem is in a two car accident where a car hits the side of another car with its nose, the driver could be hit by these high noses.

In order to change this the FIA demands that the nose of the car lower a certain amount in a small space. In order to retain as high of a nose as possible many teams are making the lower part merge into the car with a drastic step.

Here is more info on it: F1 2012: Rules, Designs and Trends | Scarbsf1's Blog

Didn't know that. Still relatively new to F1, so all I've seen so far is pictures. I still think McLaren did it right. That drastic drop off just makes it look like the front end is made of Legos.

Lewis Hamilton leads a McLaren 1-2 in Australian GP qualifying. I am really surprised how slow the Ferrari's were. Fernando Alonso qualified 12th and Felipe Massa was 17th only advancing to Q2 by .12 seconds, and really only because Kimi Raikkonen didn't switch to the soft tires.

Lewis Hamilton leads a McLaren 1-2 in Australian GP qualifying. I am really surprised how slow the Ferrari's were. Fernando Alonso qualified 12th and Felipe Massa was 17th only advancing to Q2 by .12 seconds, and really only because Kimi Raikkonen didn't switch to the soft tires.

Thanks for updating this. I really meant to do so, but I am out at Bristol and didn't do so.

So happy to see the smug smile wiped off of finger boy's face.

GO LEWIS HAMILTON. BEST OF THE BRITS.

Jensen Button dominates the Australian Grand Prix. If it weren't for the safety car coming out Lewis Hamilton, I think would have held off Sebastian Vettel and complete the 1-2 sweep for McLaren. I saw that Christian Horner of Red Bull said that McLaren didn't win the race, that Red Bull lost it. How can he really even believe that when they were behind the McLarens all weekend with the exception of practice 2. He just needs to stop crying and face the fact that they were simply beaten on Sunday.

McLaren looked very impressive down undah. I DVR'd Malaysia to watch when I got back from my trip and it missed the last half hour because of the rain delay. :/

meheeco

And I looked at the results. The parts I saw were mostly boring. Wet races are fun, monsoons, not so much.

meheeco

And I looked at the results. The parts I saw were mostly boring. Wet races are fun, monsoons, not so much.

The thing is. They used to race in what appeared to be much more severe conditions in the past.

93 Donnington
96 Monaco
2008 british(my favorite :) )

Best be safe than sorry though.

Not the best start to the season. More mediocre racing. It's just too artificial, it makes my purist soul shiver.....

VN Store

Back