Who misses playing High School Football?

Do you miss High School Football?

• Total voters
I just miss being in HS shape
That is one of my bigger regrets is that I didn't have the discipline/training regimen to be as fit as I could have been. I was a lineman who got by on size.

I played middle LB my junior year and if I had trained hard and been a little faster, it would have made it much more enjoyable.

It was after I got to college and got into better shape that I realized how much better I could have been.

Reactions: 1 person
Already spent 15 months walking on a cane... Not ready to do that again nor hear my dr's mouth if I did. Lol

Any Karns High School alumni want to get a KHS team going? I played ILB and TE for KHS. I'm probably 25 lbs heavier now and it's not the good weight!

images

You beat me to it.

It was only 5 years ago for me and everytime football season rolls around I miss everything about it....I still remember my Friday routine...

I just realized that I've been out of school for 7 years now...

I wish I had put forth more effort. I could have been a good fullback if I'd tried harder. Instead, I was stuck on the interior line and hated it. Tore my MCL junior year and never looked back.

Sounds awesome! Unfortunately the boss at home has strictly forbidden me to ever play again since I tore my Achilles playing for the company I worked at in flag football many years ago. I could not drive or put weight on it for over a month. She had to do everything.

Now I'm demoted to just torturing the nephews with endless Al Bundy stories......

Good luck to those that do and post some pictures :clapping:

Never forget hating practice after about midseason.

Hate to say, but that's why I quit football.

You mean I have to practice 4 times a week in the heat, then in the cold, for 1 game? And at WR in 1987, I might get 1 pass?

Or you mean I can play baseball and basketball in a controlled environment, practice hard twice a week and play 2 games?

Shiiiit

If I could play again ... nobody would turn the corner runnin wide on my side, I'd have so many pass-rushing moves that I didn't know existed then, and I would punish receivers who came into my zip code ... ah, true fantasy football.

Sounds awesome! Unfortunately the boss at home has strictly forbidden me to ever play again since I tore my Achilles playing for the company I worked at in flag football many years ago. I could not drive or put weight on it for over a month. She had to do everything.

Now I'm demoted to just torturing the nephews with endless Al Bundy stories......

Good luck to those that do and post some pictures :clapping:

Hey Smokey Steve! Get a bunch of your buddies together for your high school's team & you can coach! We can even arrange to get front row seats to the game for you and your wife. Providing you don't trip over the water cooler, you get to be a part of the game and don't get in trouble at home :)

40 guys to play. sign ups:
Alumni Football USA - Get Back in the Game!

Hey Smokey Steve! Get a bunch of your buddies together for your high school's team & you can coach! We can even arrange to get front row seats to the game for you and your wife. Providing you don't trip over the water cooler, you get to be a part of the game and don't get in trouble at home :)

40 guys to play. sign ups:
Alumni Football USA - Get Back in the Game!

Forgive the ignorance but is it tied to your HS or can you be part of a team locally?

VN Store

Back