Berry Twins (merged)

They are UT's, but they will probably give a traditional visit to Arkansas and UGa as every we recruited this year did.

If I was DD I would pay whatever it costs to attend every single football game these kids played. Id even show up to practice. I would drive the kids to prom if it got them to TN.

Reactions: 1 person
Boo Berry scary

starwarsboo.jpg

My favorite childhood cereal. Pretty sure General Mills laced it with acid.:crazy:

OK, now I know I am going to get a !&%$storm on me, but other than the fact that they are "Berrys" and are doing really well- but not off the charts well, why is this such a priority right now? I am sure we are giving them some love, Big Brother is definitely a VFL, but I haven't heard too much about their skill sets, are they really that good ALREADY? We definitely want to keep it in the family, but could someone let us know where they stand skill set wise for their age? :hi:

Both brothers have better stats and physical numbers than EB did out of highschool. One of the kids was running something like a 4.43 coming out of middle school. There was an article that came out their freshman year in highschool that said,

" Both are bigger and faster than Eric say Creekside’s coaches."

The gene pool in that family is something special.

Last edited:
Honestly its probably a lot more important that he focus on this years class right now seeing as he's trying like heck to save his job. They're 2 years away from signing I think we will be fine. Lighten up dude.

Telling Fijivol to lighten up is like trying to tell a woman in labor to stop breathing hard.

Lots of time between now and 2014. If CDD and the Vols pull 8 to 10 wins this upcoming season then the Berry boys will be opening their eyes and looking toward the orange for sure.(not that they aren't already) We just gotta win, that's all, WHEN the Vols start winning again we can get any kid from anywhere.

We need these guys like crazy. They are going to be studs. They are just sophmores but look like eric already.

I'm writing this due to continued questions about the Berry brothers:

Who they are: They are the brothers of VFL Eric Berry, UT All American, and the son of James Berry VFL and former UT running back & team captain. (If you met James you will understand one reason Eric is such a quality person.( They are sophomores in High School.

What they are :
The Berry brothers are great athletes.
Elliot is 6-1, 200, RB & LB, 4.46.40
Evan is 5-10,175, DB, 4.43 40

Times are legit, they are track stars. By star I mean rated n top 10 in the US in their age group in sprints.

Example (This is a newspaper quote from the 2009 USATF Georgia Junior Olympic State Championships).
Evan ran in the 100 and 200, while Elliot ran in the 200 and 400, and both of them were on their team’s 4X100 and 4X400 relay teams.
Evans 100 time would have been #3 in USATF Natls last year, Elliot #7 in 400, Elliot #6 in 200, Evan # 7.

Coach Dooley has not called to them, it against NCAA Rules to call sophomores.

Coach Dooley talked to their high school coach this month, in compliance with NCAA Rules, stating his interest.

They & their family can call our coaches if they want, do not know if this has occurred, but I think James (The dad) has talked to CDD, about what I do not know.

Are they a lock for UT? No, they must be recruited, but I know Eric & James love UT, they say so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm writing this due to continued questions about the Berry brothers:

Who they are: They are the brothers of VFL Eric Berry, UT All American, and the son of James Berry VFL and former UT running back & team captain. (If you met James you will understand one reason Eric is such a quality person.( They are sophomores in High School.

What they are :
The Berry brothers are great athletes.
Elliot is 6-1, 200, RB & LB, 4.46.40
Evan is 5-10,175, DB, 4.43 40

Times are legit, they are track stars. By star I mean rated n top 10 in the US in their age group in sprints.

Example (This is a newspaper quote from the 2009 USATF Georgia Junior Olympic State Championships).
Evan ran in the 100 and 200, while Elliot ran in the 200 and 400, and both of them were on their team’s 4X100 and 4X400 relay teams.
Evans 100 time would have been #3 in USATF Natls last year, Elliot #7 in 400, Elliot #6 in 200, Evan # 7.

Coach Dooley has not called to them, it against NCAA Rules to call sophomores.

Coach Dooley talked to their high school coach this month, in compliance with NCAA Rules, stating his interest.

They & their family can call our coaches if they want, do not know if this has occurred, but I think James (The dad) has talked to CDD, about what I do not know.

Are they a lock for UT? No, they must be recruited, but I know Eric & James love UT, they say so.

Great Info! Hopefully this will put to rest all of the Dooley bashers freaking out about 2 kids that he can't even recruit for another year.

Lots of time between now and 2014. If CDD and the Vols pull 8 to 10 wins this upcoming season then the Berry boys will be opening their eyes and looking toward the orange for sure.(not that they aren't already) We just gotta win, that's all, WHEN the Vols start winning again we can get any kid from anywhere.

The problem isn't really wins - its the fact that Eric Berry really dislikes Dooley - the Berry twins aren't too fond of him (probably because of EB's feelings towards him would be my guess).. and who knows what James thinks of CDD.

I would hate to see them play for anyone than UT. I know they are only sophomores but we need to do what we can do to lock these two up! Hopefully they keep with the family tradition and pick Tennessee.

anyone know if there has ever been a set of five star twins? can you imagine if they made it to 5 stars and we landed them both? holy shizzz

If some how we manage to pull both of these guys, it would almost guarentee a top 10recruiting class. I don't mean them two alone, however with a few other quality recruits that we should get regardless of the twins. 2014 could be a wild ride on the recruiting trail for our coaches.

Am I just an idiot, or has anyone else LOL'd at the new thread title? Berry Twins (merged)? If they've merged it may be easier to land just one of them.

i hope our coaches are making them a priority right now,which probably isn't the case seeing how Dooley hadn't met them till recently, because they are going to be special. And tn is a special place to them obviously. they're not just great athletes they're high profile. think about how many other top players they could influence and bring along with them.

VN Store

Back