Tennessee at Kentucky 7:00 p.m. ET on ESPNU

PoochPunt3rdDown

Boom. +14. Moby Dick.
Tennessee at Kentucky
7:00 p.m. ET Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky.

TV: The game will be televised nationally on ESPNU. Dave O’Brien handles the play-by-play, while Fran
Fraschilla provides analysis.

Internet: firstrowsports.com, justintv on JeepJeep channel (password: orange)

GAME NOTES:

• The Vols are seeking their first true road win of the season.
• Tennessee owns a 4-11 record against the top-ranked team in the AP poll, and the Vols have won
each of their last two meetings against the nation’s No. 1 team (at Memphis in 2008, Kansas in 2010).
• UT is 4-2 in its last six games against the AP’s top-ranked team.
• This is the 10th time that Tennessee will face a Kentucky squad that occupies the top spot in the
national AP poll. The Vols’ lone win in the nine previous games was a 69-62 triumph on March 5, 1966.
• This is the first season since the 1933-34 campaign that Tennessee will play both of its games
against Kentucky during the month of January.
• Cuonzo Martin and Darius Miller were a part of the USA Basketball squad that competed at the
World University Games in Shenzen, China, last summer. See “Familiar Faces” note on Page 7.
• Freshman power forward Jarnell Stokes was last week’s SEC Freshman of the Week after averaging
13.5 points and 10.0 rebounds in games against Georgia and defending national champion UConn.
• Just five games into his college career, Stokes already averages close to a double-double with 10.6
points and a team-high 8.0 rebounds per game. He has started each of the last three games.
• Tennessee’s home victory over Auburn Saturday was UT’s 1,500th all-time win.
• The Vols have held three elite teams to their lowest scoring output of the season. Tennessee held
Florida to 56 points, Kentucky to 65 points and UConn to 57 points. In their last six games, the Vols are
holding their opponents to an average of 58.7 points (four of those opponents were ranked).
• Cuonzo Martin, in just his fourth season as a college head coach, has defeated two coaches this
month who combine to boast five national championships. Connecticut’s Jim Calhoun has three
NCAA titles, and Florida’s Billy Donovan has won two.
• Tennessee currently ranks fifth nationally in average home attendance (17,211). The Vols are
riding a streak of five consecutive seasons with a national top-five finish in attendance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Wish I could go. Could walk to Rupp from my house :)

Good luck vols.

Prediction: 63-61 Uk. But vols will bring it.

Suck it, BigPapa, Hardwood (x10, especially, imo), BrianCat, wildandkrazykat, and all the other Cats on here! If I forgot you, it's because you're a lamo... :p

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Reactions: 4 people
I hate games on the U, charter doesnt have an HD channel for ESNPU. I've become spoiled with HD, standard def just doesnt cut it anymore.

Reactions: 2 people
I aint looking forward to this one. I hate morale victories but I'd be school girl happy if we kept it around 10 points. Rupp is for sure not in my Top 10 places to go to root a young team to it's first road victory of the season.

Almost afraid to watch it. There is nothing about our road performances this year that give me any hope at all.

But that is why they play the games.

Well...if it makes anyone feel better. I just accepted the UT job on my NCAA Basketball game and beat Kentucky down in Rupp by 49 points ;) If the game starts sucking, I'll just turn my PS3 on and stream it. But sorry about it not looking real..I got a 7'4 5* freshman that I created that blocks about 15 shots a game haha.

ehhhhh I'd rather keep the service with the better internet.

I stream off of my DSL, works fine. Consistent speed, neighbors don't bog me down, perfectly satisfied. But regardless DirecTV > Cable easily.. especially the DVR function.

Well...if it makes anyone feel better. I just accepted the UT job on my NCAA Basketball game and beat Kentucky down in Rupp by 49 points ;) If the game starts sucking, I'll just turn my PS3 on and stream it. But sorry about it not looking real..I got a 7'4 5* freshman that I created that blocks about 15 shots a game haha.

Does he have a uni-brow?

Reactions: 1 person
I stream off of my DSL, works fine. Consistent speed, neighbors don't bog me down, perfectly satisfied. But regardless DirecTV > Cable easily.. especially the DVR function.

I've thought about going U-verse for internet and dish/directv for television, but I was in the gym the other day and none of the TVs were working, and I overheard the manager say, "it's the weather, man. We've got dish." It was barely sprinkling.

I've thought about going U-verse for internet and dish/directv for television, but I was in the gym the other day and none of the TVs were working, and I overheard the manager say, "it's the weather, man. We've got dish." It was barely sprinkling.

That's the major downfall to dish and why I will not use dish or direct. If I was watching this game tonight and 2 minutes left its tied and a rain storm screws up the signal, or snow blocks the dish id lose my mind. So I play it safe and have cable, not as good IMO as dish or direct but I'm not taking the chance on losing the signal at the worst possible time.

VN Store

Back