Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaching staff were in Memphis tonight:

Just hours after the UConn win UT coaches are at the Penny Hardaway Classic in Memphis checking in on JWIII, King, Hubbs, and Nichols among others. Other schools represented are UNC and Georgetown.

Any info on the players rumored to be at the game vs Uconn?

Reactions: 1 person
I really wish there was a site that posted full players names for the people who don't keep up with these kids everyday. I still have no clue which players Martin watched at the Penny Hardaway classic last night.

Any updates on Nino Jackson and Charles Mitchell?

Nino Jackson will most likely go JUCO, so that ship has sailed it seems. Plus we techincally don't have any schollies available and are saving one for Mitchell if it opens up.

We are still in Mitchell's top 5 and looking good, but Memphis offered a couple weeks ago.

Nino Jackson will most likely go JUCO, so that ship has sailed it seems. Plus we techincally don't have any schollies available and are saving one for Mitchell if it opens up.

We are still in Mitchell's top 5 and looking good, but Memphis offered a couple weeks ago.

I think it's mitchell or nothing this year. JMO

It appears that UK starting to contact Hubbs and now has alot of interest. Call me crazy but I think he is the most important recruit we have in the 2013 class. My reasoning is with King, Nichols and JWIII if feel we get at least one of these PF. However, there are fewer blue chip options at SG. Thornwell and Hubbs, that's it. After that I can' t help but think there will be a huge drop in the next available SG we can get.

It appears that UK starting to contact Hubbs and now has alot of interest. Call me crazy but I think he is the most important recruit we have in the 2013 class. My reasoning is with King, Nichols and JWIII if feel we get at least one of these PF. However, there are fewer blue chip options at SG. Thornwell and Hubbs, that's it. After that I can' t help but think there will be a huge drop in the next available SG we can get.

King is actually a wing.

I know we already have one commit for 2013. My question is...Is there an early signing day for bb? If so about when would we expect most of the 2013 kids to commit?

King is not a PF. He's a SG/SF. Similar to what Tatum is with a whole lot more talent.

I know we already have one commit for 2013. My question is...Is there an early signing day for bb? If so about when would we expect most of the 2013 kids to commit?

Yes there is an early signing period. November 2012 is the soonest any 2013 kid can sign. Spring period is in April.

Has anyone heard anything at all about us pursuing a JuCo point guard to come in this year? That might be the missing piece to make this a tournament team.

Has anyone heard anything at all about us pursuing a JuCo point guard to come in this year? That might be the missing piece to make this a tournament team.

Someone posted about a 3 star PG on the previous page or 2 back that visited for Uconn game.

Edit: Madison jones is the name if you wanna look him up

Last edited:
Someone posted about a 3 star PG on the previous page or 2 back that visited for Uconn game.

Edit: Madison jones is the name if you wanna look him up

Jones is a 2012 class PG rated 88 on espn. 3* rivals
Lists TN as school of interest but don't think we've offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back