'12 GA RB Justin Taylor

Wasn't Charlie Baggett recruiting the ATL area? Might be why the number didn't work.

Sunseri is very familiar with Taylor.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That can only help us with him.... I think he could be the rb we hoped for in this class.... He may have injury problems, but he is 5* material

What Staples fails to talk about is that the new SEC rule does nothing to eliminate oversigning. Every conference including the SEC allows a team to sign atleast 25 each year. Oversigning has nothing to do with that rule. That still allows a team to sign 100 over four years, 15 over the limit. Oversigning is about bringing in more players than you have leaving on the 85 roster. If you only have 20 departing then a school should only bring in 20. If they bring in 25 they have oversigned by 5.

Also the new SEC rule really did not do anything new here. Last year the NCAA passed a rule that states if a school is the one that initiates the grayshirt their NLI becomes null and void and the player can sign or go elsewhere.

I also think the injury had little to do with it. We have to other current commits that had season ending surgeries and Kirven who we are still recruiting is in the same situation.

And I have seem some fans on different sites go after his comment about Saban finding him a job so lets clarify that rule.

Per the NCAA

13.2.3.3 After Completion of Senior Year. An institution may arrange for employment or employ any prospective student-athlete (regardless of athletics award winner status), provided the employment does not begin prior to the completion of the prospective student-athlete’s senior year in high school. (See Bylaw 13.12.1.5.1.)

I liked the last sentence of the article...Taylor is as commited to bama as bama is commited to him....Thats a nice way of puttin it. :thumbsup: I hope Taylor gives Saban and bama the :the_finger: and signs with UT! That would be awesome!

How in the heck do you give a recruit a bad contact number? WTF, I would be livid if I was Dooley.

I also think the injury had little to do with it. We have to other current commits that had season ending surgeries and Kirven who we are still recruiting is in the same situation.

And I have seem some fans on different sites go after his comment about Saban finding him a job so lets clarify that rule.

Per the NCAA

13.2.3.3 After Completion of Senior Year. An institution may arrange for employment or employ any prospective student-athlete (regardless of athletics award winner status), provided the employment does not begin prior to the completion of the prospective student-athlete’s senior year in high school. (See Bylaw 13.12.1.5.1.)
Nice find on the rule. I did not know that was the case.

What Staples fails to talk about is that the new SEC rule does nothing to eliminate oversigning. Every conference including the SEC allows a team to sign atleast 25 each year. Oversigning has nothing to do with that rule. That still allows a team to sign 100 over four years, 15 over the limit. Oversigning is about bringing in more players than you have leaving on the 85 roster. If you only have 20 departing then a school should only bring in 20. If they bring in 25 they have oversigned by 5.

Also the new SEC rule really did not do anything new here. Last year the NCAA passed a rule that states if a school is the one that initiates the grayshirt their NLI becomes null and void and the player can sign or go elsewhere.

If the 25 limit rule is not the issue in Taylor's case, then Saban lied to him as to why they are not taking his commitment. Saban knew the kid wouldn't go for sitting out a full year so there was little risk for him. Taylor realized it later and that is why he is looking elsewhere. I guess it is good that he told him 3 weeks before NSD so he has a place to land.

If the 25 limit rule is not the issue in Taylor's case, then Saban lied to him as to why they are not taking his commitment. Saban knew the kid wouldn't go for sitting out a full year so there was little risk for him. Taylor realized it later and that is why he is looking elsewhere. I guess it is good that he told him 3 weeks before NSD so he has a place to land.

Saban was called out for supposedly telling players after NSD. Now he tells them prior and still is called out. I love all the hate.:)

But inregards to the 25 rule Saban did not lie to the kid. He said that UA will sign 25 on NSD and and that he is looking to be #26 on the list. Basically telling Taylor you do not rank that high on our boards.

Also like you said he has 3 weeks to find a school. I know people will whine but if he is such a high profile recruit and the injury was not a concern why did schools stop recruiting him. Not because he commited to UA. Every week I see updates how schools, like UGA or LSU are still recruiting hard some of our current commits.

Love this quote

"Former South Carolina and NFL player Stanley Pritchett is Taylor's coach and guardian. Pritchett said Monday that he has gotten calls from Purdue and Tennessee since Taylor got the news that he couldn't sign with Alabama in '12."

Saban was called out for supposedly telling players after NSD. Now he tells them prior and still is called out. I love all the hate.:)

But inregards to the 25 rule Saban did not lie to the kid. He said that UA will sign 25 on NSD and and that he is looking to be #26 on the list. Basically telling Taylor you do not rank that high on our boards.

Also like you said he has 3 weeks to find a school. I know people will whine but if he is such a high profile recruit and the injury was not a concern why did schools stop recruiting him. Not because he commited to UA. Every week I see updates how schools, like UGA or LSU are still recruiting hard some of our current commits.

Did he tell him that when he committed? Big diff

Did he tell him that when he committed? Big diff

Who cares. Every recruit knows that nothing is official until NSD when they sign. I guess you are saying it is wrong when a school backs off, or in this case is still recruiting even when they have 25+ commits because someone better is still out there and a current verbal may get left out. No different then when a player does the same thing when he is commited to a school. Example Santos if he takes visits. Yes he is commited to UT but he is looking because it is not official yet.

In regards to how Saban does his recruiting and who cares. The only ones that seem to be concerned with it are rival fans. Because every year we hear how recruits are going to start saying no to UA because of Saban and his recruiting trends but every year he continues to bring in top classes.

Who cares. Every recruit knows that nothing is official until NSD when they sign. I guess you are saying it is wrong when a school backs off, or in this case is still recruiting even when they have 25+ commits because someone better is still out there and a current verbal may get left out. No different then when a player does the same thing when he is commited to a school. Example Santos if he takes visits. Yes he is commited to UT but he is looking because it is not official yet.

In regards to how Saban does his recruiting and who cares. The only ones that seem to be concerned with it are rival fans. Because every year we hear how recruits are going to start saying no to UA because of Saban and his recruiting trends but every year he continues to bring in top classes.

Sounds like this should be posted on an Alabama message board.

The problem is Taylor has been 100% committed to Bama since last Summer. Nobody has a problem with greyshirts as long as you tell the kid up front when he decides to commit. Don't worry about rival fans, you need to worry about the HS coaches in GA that read the AJC. I don't know if you read the article but that was the talk in Atlanta on Monday.

In one of the articles I read, Taylor said something like, he would be as committed to Bama as they have been to him.... ha ha

Who cares what you think. You are just like most bama fans and couldn't careless about the kids. I have a few friends that pull for bama and all they had to say when Maze went down was shot him up and get him back out there. Whatever it takes to win right. It said Saban would have liked to tell him earlier but couldn't. I call BS on that.

yes tw i am saying it is wrong when a school backs off two damned weeks b4 signing day.. hell if auburn pulled this crap you'd be all over their azz

VN Store

Back