Will our new training center be the best in the country?

Where do you're numbers come from, very interested in that. tia.

Which Football and Basketball Programs Produce the Largest Profits? «

I remember seeing the link a while back. I do remember that Pickens made a single gift of $165mil a few years back for the athletic facility there.

EDIT: Found it, got it confused with revenue via donation. UT drew $26.4mil in donations for the year reported, while OkSU received $54.9mil. Their overall revenue is only a couple mil behind UT, but Pickens donations single handedly put their athletics budgets in line with the big boys. Florida, UT and Bama are the only SEC programs outspending Okie Lite for entire AD budgets.

College Athletics Revenues and Expenses - ESPN

From a functional standpoint, ours will be top shelf. Architecture, color schemes, and accessories are kind of up to personal opinion. If you like orange and white, and you're considering playing at Tennessee - there will be no better training facility in the country. If you prefer green and yellow, or orange and black; well you may have something to think about.

A Wise Man once said........ A Word to the wise is sufficient!!!

Sherman Smith Center

Based on this video that I found on OSU website, I don't see how it is even close to comparable to what UT is building.

Ok all im seeing is three outside practice fields and a stand alone indoor facility. dont they have any pics of the inside? like the actual training rooms and weightrooms? i do like the four total fields thing though. pretty cool.

I've been out of it for awhile on the renovations but is there any plans to renovate Gibbs as well? Those dorms look like Bosnian refugee camps compared to most major programs.

Actually, me and some buddies went to Fayetteville for the game a couple months back. We were shocked at how nice it was. Was evident from the time we got off the plane as they have a brand new state of the art airport right there in Fayetteville.We were told alot of major coporations are relocating to the area in addition to the big boys that are already there like Tyson Chicken, Walmart etc. We heard that Jerry Jones was a big donor.

I spent a dozen years in that state. Overall I agree it is the redneck Canada of the south. However, NW Arkansas has always been more progressive and business oriented than the rest of the state as you state. Add ABF in Fort Smith to the list of big companies. It is located in the Ozarks with some beautiful lakes nearby and a first class commercial airport now. There are good reasons Petrino went there.

Actually, me and some buddies went to Fayetteville for the game a couple months back. We were shocked at how nice it was. Was evident from the time we got off the plane as they have a brand new state of the art airport right there in Fayetteville.We were told alot of major coporations are relocating to the area in addition to the big boys that are already there like Tyson Chicken, Walmart etc. We heard that Jerry Jones was a big donor.

You talking about the campus in general? It's a really nice campus for sure.

As soon as we're done with ours someone else will be building the next greatest thing

Then they'll get surpassed

Then that program

Then the other program

Soon enough it will be back to us and we'll be raving about some new facility that we're building.

As long as it gets the job done and it's top-tier to ensure that we're never that far behind, I think we'll be fine.

That is 320m over 30 years.

Yeah; I believe UT did the same thing;

1st Planning
2nd Donations

The Virtual Video sells the place...even if it isn’t up to any other schools, it doesn't matter...Kids are into videos...where as the pictures and or long winded interviews looses my interest quick...and doesn’t do the other facilities justice.

I found a picture of the finish product. Outstanding design and planning I must say.
Could double as an ag. building.

images

Some family called the Waltons. Never heard of them or their chain of stores.

According to Forbes Magazine Richest Americans list, the Walton family holds 3 of the top ten spots and are 3 of the top 25 richest people in the world. To put it in perspective, Jerry Jones in not in the top 100.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back