The state of Pennsylvania will be a

Tons of talent comes from the East too...
Noah Spence is from Bishop McDevitt (Harrisburg) and is one of the very best prospects in the country.
To name a few in the NFL. McCoy, Colston, Wire, Kuhn are all guys that went to HS within 20 or so miles of Harrisburg.

I was gonna say, there are some schools in central pa that turn out talent... Bishop mcdevitt does a lot.. harrisburg high, usually had some studs... State college, cumberland valley... The philly area isn't bad also..

Look at our offers for next year. About half of them are OH, PA, NJ, MD, DC, VA. Sirmon was definitely trying in that area.

It is very hard to get these players. Sal's is a nationally ranked recruiter and was our main recruiter for that area and we probably went after 30 kids with offers this year and we got 1 commit and maybe a chance at 1 more. Last year we pulled 2 from that area and the year before 2. So to be honest if you can pull atleast 2 each recruiting cycle probably on par. But yes loaded with talent.

It is very hard to get these players. Sal's is a nationally ranked recruiter and was our main recruiter for that area and we probably went after 30 kids with offers this year and we got 1 commit and maybe a chance at 1 more. Last year we pulled 2 from that area and the year before 2. So to be honest if you can pull atleast 2 each recruiting cycle probably on par. But yes loaded with talent.

Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

just a few differences than your take.

fertile ground for Tennessee. With Penn State being a debacle, Pitt being Pitt, and Sunseri hitting the state for us will bode well for UT going forward. We will get more than our fair share.

:)

Carnac.jpg

Not sure what you mean because that has nothing to do with the post you are quoting but oh well.

What do you think happened? “Coach Saban just said I’m the 26th commitment. I would be the 26th signee. I guess he went and picked up somebody else. He said I make 26 and they only get 25. They talked about bringing me in next January.” [Note: Alabama has 27 commitments]

Your take on why you didn't take this kid is different from why the article says he didn't come.

I think there are a couple of things going against southern schools from pulling from northern states. First, the pool is smaller because there are a lot of other sports that pull some of the athletes. Football competes for players with hockey in most areas. For my nephews, football is fun, but it doesn't have the same level of commitment as hockey. Second is distance from home. It is 6.5 hours to Columbus Oh from Harrisburg but 14 to Tuscaloosa, that makes a difference. Finally, believe it or not, but there are kids who are afraid to travel down south. I know a 16 year old kid who grew up in the inner city and spent time in the Bloods, who is talks about being scared of people down south. It is a misconception certainly, but, perception does play a role.

What do you think happened? “Coach Saban just said I’m the 26th commitment. I would be the 26th signee. I guess he went and picked up somebody else. He said I make 26 and they only get 25. They talked about bringing me in next January.” [Note: Alabama has 27 commitments]

Your take on why you didn't take this kid is different from why the article says he didn't come.

I clarified it in another thread. But in short UA can only sign 25 like evryone else for the 2012 class. EEs that can be mid year exemptions do not follow under that 25 limit.

VN Store

Back