'12 VA DT Korren Kirven (Bama signee)

Either one would be wonderful, but both would be freaking off the charts. I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility either. Definitely a better chance now!!

Great blanket statement. Bama has 27 commits, they are pretty much done.

Nope no even close to be honest. We have 27 verbally commited. But we have 2 that look to be headed to JUCO and one yesterday that was interviewed and stated because of his knee surgery he will not enroll until Jan 2013. So currently we have 24 if all that transpires and our sites since Nov said we could sign up to 29 because we make 4 EEs midyear exemptions with the new SEC rule. So we have room for 4 or 5 more. Even if the 2 with academic concerns do sign and get in we still can take 3 more. But I do think those spots are for specific targets and if we do not get those recruits those spots will remain open for next year aloowing us to have midyear exemptions for the 2013 class.

Nope no even close to be honest. We have 27 verbally commited. But we have 2 that look to be headed to JUCO and one yesterday that was interviewed and stated because of his knee surgery he will not enroll until Jan 2013. So currently we have 24 if all that transpires and our sites since Nov said we could sign up to 29 because we make 4 EEs midyear exemptions with the new SEC rule. So we have room for 4 or 5 more. Even if the 2 with academic concerns do sign and get in we still can take 3 more. But I do think those spots are for specific targets and if we do not get those recruits those spots will remain open for next year aloowing us to have midyear exemptions for the 2013 class.

Does Saban kick 10 guys off the team every year? It seems like you guys are always signing 25+ each year.

gotta love the Saban math

Does Saban kick 10 guys off the team every year? It seems like you guys are always signing 25+ each year.

When you have a bunch of dudes leaving early for the NFL every year, you don't need to kick as many off.

UT fans have forgotten about this over the last few years, unfortunately.

Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

just a little difference in the take

When you have a bunch of dudes leaving early for the NFL every year, you don't need to kick as many off.

UT fans have forgotten about this over the last few years, unfortunately.

Unfortunately you are right.:ermm:

“Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work. There was South Carolina and Georgia. They both stopped talking to me because I was committed to Alabama.”

Okay, who's the idiot who gave him the wrong number.

At least it's a recruit we don't seem interested in

How the hell can Bama sign 29 when the new SEC rule in place only allows for 25? EEs count against the 25 last I checked, your numbers don't add up.

Last edited:
How the hell can Bama sign 29 when the new SEC rule in place only allows for 25? EEs count against the 25 last I checked, your numbers don't add up.

welcome to how saban learned to count they always seem to do this makes it seem fishy :dance2:

welcome to how saban learned to count they always seem to do this makes it seem fishy :dance2:

Saban does it and everyone talks about how smart he is. Dooley tells 2 to look elsewhere and the negavols and hysterical media raise the roof. Even though one of the 2 probably won't make it academically. Rebuilding is hell, I guess.

So many of you may need to actually read the new SEC rule and other actual info before you post on here. Trust just because someone on a board tells you something does not make it the truth. I have posted numerous times the new SEC rule and how it works.

UA just like any other SEC school can only sign 25 players to NLIs for the incoming class of 2012.

UA did not sign a full class last year. According to Rivals, ESPN or whoever. We signed 23 recruits last year one being A Douglas. So the 2011 clas for UA that signed a NLI was only 22.

The SEC new 25 rule has a midyear exemption in it. A little different from backcounting with more gray area in it. It allows a school to take an EE and move them onto the current 85 roster so that they do not count against our incoming class. Just based off of last years numbers we should be able to bring in 28 players. 3 EEs that will count against last year and 25 for the new class.

EEs do not sign a NLI per the NLI website for the incoming 2012 class. EEs sign financial paperwork and when they sign their NLI it will be for the 2011 class. The EEs that fit into the new midyear exemption of the new SEC 25 rule.

When J Taylor said that UA can only sign 25 he was correct. We can only sign 25 players that will count against next years class. He was not an EE this year so he could not count as a mid year exemption.

UA currently has 27 players verbally commited. J Taylor will wait until next year. Now we have 26. B Hill and C Gladney if their grades continue to be a concern which all our sites are saying, both are headed to JUCO and we will only 24 players currently commited they will come in.

Of those our sites are saying 4 EEs are midyear exemptions. The new midyear rule also allows a team to replace a player that transfers or has made it known prior to Dec 1 that they are tranferring and they can be replaced. Why our sites thank we can sign up to 29 because of a player that is.

So if Hill and Gladney do not make it in this class and go to JUCO along with Taylor who will enroll next year, plus with the 4 EEs that will be midyear exemptions, UA currently only has 20 verbal commits that will sign a NLI come Feb, which means we have room to sign 5 more in this class. If the 2 do not go to JUCO and make it in, we still have room for 3 more players.

If I could post the interview with Rivals(paid) and Taylor you would see how bad of a job AJC does reporting. But to be honest any rival fan on the opinion of UA recruiting is not a concern.

This has nothing to do with the 25 recruiting limit. :no:

You're correct in that it doesn't impact the SEC mandate limiting a school to 25. However, it has something to do with available scholarships, though, which does have an effect on the number of players that can be signed.

So many of you may need to actually read the new SEC rule and other actual info before you post on here. Trust just because someone on a board tells you something does not make it the truth. I have posted numerous times the new SEC rule and how it works.

UA just like any other SEC school can only sign 25 players to NLIs for the incoming class of 2012.

UA did not sign a full class last year. According to Rivals, ESPN or whoever. We signed 23 recruits last year one being A Douglas. So the 2011 clas for UA that signed a NLI was only 22.

The SEC new 25 rule has a midyear exemption in it. A little different from backcounting with more gray area in it. It allows a school to take an EE and move them onto the current 85 roster so that they do not count against our incoming class. Just based off of last years numbers we should be able to bring in 28 players. 3 EEs that will count against last year and 25 for the new class.

EEs do not sign a NLI per the NLI website for the incoming 2012 class. EEs sign financial paperwork and when they sign their NLI it will be for the 2011 class. The EEs that fit into the new midyear exemption of the new SEC 25 rule.

When J Taylor said that UA can only sign 25 he was correct. We can only sign 25 players that will count against next years class. He was not an EE this year so he could not count as a mid year exemption.

UA currently has 27 players verbally commited. J Taylor will wait until next year. Now we have 26. B Hill and C Gladney if their grades continue to be a concern which all our sites are saying, both are headed to JUCO and we will only 24 players currently commited they will come in.

Of those our sites are saying 4 EEs are midyear exemptions. The new midyear rule also allows a team to replace a player that transfers or has made it known prior to Dec 1 that they are tranferring and they can be replaced. Why our sites thank we can sign up to 29 because of a player that is.

So if Hill and Gladney do not make it in this class and go to JUCO along with Taylor who will enroll next year, plus with the 4 EEs that will be midyear exemptions, UA currently only has 20 verbal commits that will sign a NLI come Feb, which means we have room to sign 5 more in this class. If the 2 do not go to JUCO and make it in, we still have room for 3 more players.

If I could post the interview with Rivals(paid) and Taylor you would see how bad of a job AJC does reporting. But to be honest any rival fan on the opinion of UA recruiting is not a concern.

TW's recruiting-fu is strong. Probably not very wise to challenge him on this. :hi:

You're correct in that it doesn't impact the SEC mandate limiting a school to 25. However, it has something to do with available scholarships, though, which does have an effect on the number of players that can be signed.

That is it exactly the new SEC 25 rule or the NCAA 25 rule for limits is just window dressing. The only rule that is important is the 85 rule. As long as you only have 85 come July on scholarships the rest does not matter.

Reactions: 1 person
That is it exactly the new SEC 25 rule or the NCAA 25 rule for limits is just window dressing. The only rule that is important is the 85 rule. As long as you only have 85 come July on scholarships the rest does not matter.

You sir have this exactly correct .It is amazing the ignorance on th enew rule and the backcounts,etc.I have posted this on another board at least 10 times and the members still do not get it.It is simple yet it seems to discombobulate the minds of many.Congrats on your understanding.

You sir have this exactly correct .It is amazing the ignorance on th enew rule and the backcounts,etc.I have posted this on another board at least 10 times and the members still do not get it.It is simple yet it seems to discombobulate the minds of many.Congrats on your understanding.

Would you 2 like a room?

“Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work. There was South Carolina and Georgia. They both stopped talking to me because I was committed to Alabama.”

Okay, who's the idiot who gave him the wrong number.

Don't assume the number was really wrong. This is the same guy that say's he goes to therapy "at least seven days a week".

VN Store

Back