The state of Pennsylvania will be a

CobbVol

fertile ground for Tennessee. With Penn State being a debacle, Pitt being Pitt, and Sunseri hitting the state for us will bode well for UT going forward. We will get more than our fair share.

:)

We need a Big 33 thread to go along with the other all star threads. Lots of future stars in that game.

We need a Big 33 thread to go along with the other all star threads. Lots of future stars in that game.

I saw a documentary about that game. Absolutely fascinating. I can't remember all the facts they gave about the game, but it was cool stuff.

Both programs could be near the top and Sal I think can recruit well there still. His ties are mostly with the west part of that state, but he also is very dangerous in Ohio. The real interesting battle now will be can Sal out recruit CUM in Ohio.

Last year he pulled T Depreist and R Kelly out of Ohio before their debacle with the NCAA and when CJT was still a legend in the state. I say this because Ohio is not that far from Knoxville and I think Sal will bring in some players from OH to UT.

Also if it was not for R Shell girlfriend expecting, Shell would have been at UA IMO next fall because of Sal.

So in short West PA, WV, and Ohio could be fertile rectuing grounds for UT now with Sal on staff. An area UA really persued with him at the helm, but I think distance was to much of a factor, but Knoxville is alot closer.

Ive always wondered why we don't try to offer more Yankees. To fa kid from Florida, Tennessee may as well be Minnesota compared to the weather they are used to. But to a kid from Ohio, Tennessee's winters are very nice.

I saw a documentary about that game. Absolutely fascinating. I can't remember all the facts they gave about the game, but it was cool stuff.

Top 33 HS seniors from Pa and Ohio, almost on par with some of the national all star games and a great place to find a sleeper or two.

Ive always wondered why we don't try to offer more Yankees. To fa kid from Florida, Tennessee may as well be Minnesota compared to the weather they are used to. But to a kid from Ohio, Tennessee's winters are very nice.

Possibly because most of them have issues going to play at a place where people call them Yankees?

Reactions: 2 people
Can Meyer be successful at OS? He won't have Tebow and the rich FL recruiting grounds. Of course he will be playing against big 10 teams. Just a question.

The guy took a 5-6 Utah team and turned them into a 10-2 team, then an undefeated team. And we all know what he did at FL. He can coach for sure. Him at Ohio St. will be fun to watch. Especially since i'm a little bit of a Michigan fan (brother born in Detroit, I was born in Memphis). Hopefully Hoke shows Urban who's boss year after year. I hate Meyer.

Reactions: 1 person
As long as it's western PA. They crank out top notch d1 talent year in and year out.

Tons of talent comes from the East too...
Noah Spence is from Bishop McDevitt (Harrisburg) and is one of the very best prospects in the country.
To name a few in the NFL. McCoy, Colston, Wire, Kuhn are all guys that went to HS within 20 or so miles of Harrisburg.

Last edited:

Look at our offers for next year. About half of them are OH, PA, NJ, MD, DC, VA. Sirmon was definitely trying in that area.

IMO with the issues at PSU, Md Va DC and PA will be open for the taking of high ranking recruits next year. tOSU Vt and Pitt won't get them all. There are some very good players in Dc Md and Va :cool2:

Much tamer than being called a redneck or hillbilly. Plus, let's call it like it is: college football is dominated by the south.

yeah i got a cousin who lives in detroit and every time i throw the y word his way he hits back with everything you listed and more. definitely more ammo for them. plus he adds in the old "you're just bitter that we won the war and the souths never gonna rise again" lol damn yankees. my favorite yankee term though is FIFO, which stands for Fu**** idiot from ohio.

VN Store

Back