LSU Coach Pokey Chatman quits over alleged inapproiate relationship

something stinks on this one. you dont just up and leave your alma mater for more money. heck Pat could make a ton of money in the wnba compared to what she makes at UT. i hope pokey hasent gone and got herself into trouble. she is a good coach but no matter where she ends up she wont have a winning record against Tennessee.

No wnba team would be able to pay Summit one million a year
In 2007 the salary cap is around $728,000 per team so I don't see her making more $

In '04 Lauren Jackson was the highest paid player making a little more than $89,000 per year.

I was wondering why she announced she was leaving now and then no more comments saying she didn't want to disrupt the team before the tourney. why not wait until after the tourney to say anything?

I have heard an "inappropriate relationship" with a player or coach...

I have also heard she is heading to either Florida, or Texas--to replace a retiring Jody Conradt.

Word is that Kim Mulkey (a Louisiana native) is replacing Pokey at LSU.

Weird...just weird.

“The girl did what she did and LSU had no control over that,” Bertman said, confirming that by, “the girl,” he meant Chatman.

:lol: :lol:

So much for equal rights...Unbelievable.

She's named Pokey. Didn't that ever raise a red flag down in ******* land?

i hope the LSU womens program falls flat on its face for this. if it had been a current player i could understand her being forced to resign. but the fact is it was a former player and they forced her to resign for the simple fact that she is gay. if she had been having an affair with a former male athlete then she would stlll be the coach of the LSU program. its a shame that the country is still in the dark ages on this issue. ive lost total respect for the LSU athletic program and wish they were no longer a member of the SEC.

i wish the NCAA would step up and support ms.chatman. being for to resign (you might as well call it fired) for one's sexuall oriantation is absurd in this day and age. she was with a former player not a current player which in my opinion is her private life and should be left alone by university official's. i just dont get how a coach like bobby knight is considered this great man's, man of a coach after some of the antics he's preformed on and off the court. hitting players, throwing chairs on the court in the middle of a game. profanity, etc.. but everyone say's "well thats just bobby knight". ms. chatman is a lesbien, so what? she was having an affair with a FORMER player and both were consenting adults. so why the forced resignation? i despise LSU for doing this to her. i hope she is offered a better coaching job somewhere where there are not as many bigots. she stepped in for Sue Gunter who was dying of lung cancer, kept the composure on the team, and pulled the womans' program at LSU thru its darkest, saddest period, and this is how they respond to her. I guarantee Sue Gunter is rolling over in her grave over this. LSU should be ashamed of its self. if i was a player on their roster id ask for a transfer or bolt for the WNBA. i wouldnt want to be a part of a university that is as backward and bigoted as LSU.

i hope the LSU womens program falls flat on its face for this. if it had been a current player i could understand her being forced to resign. but the fact is it was a former player and they forced her to resign for the simple fact that she is gay. if she had been having an affair with a former male athlete then she would stlll be the coach of the LSU program. its a shame that the country is still in the dark ages on this issue. ive lost total respect for the LSU athletic program and wish they were no longer a member of the SEC.

I understand your frustration, but it really depends on when the sexual contact started (regardless of the gender of the player). If it happened with a former player while she was on the roster it is a justifiable move. Sleeping with profs and coaches who issue grades and playing time is an ethical problem in my opinion.

Sleeping with profs and coaches who issue grades and playing time is an ethical problem in my opinion.
Unless you're the one getting good grades or playing time as a result. :devilsmoke:

I understand your frustration, but it really depends on when the sexual contact started (regardless of the gender of the player). If it happened with a former player while she was on the roster it is a justifiable move. Sleeping with profs and coaches who issue grades and playing time is an ethical problem in my opinion.

I dont think the player was was on the roster when it started because if it was one of the players would of gotten angry that they weren't getting any playing time and they would of snitched on Pokey. The report that the player was former. If LSU forced her to resign because of her personal life...shame on them. Her personal life is not their business.

VN Store

Back