Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is Martin left after the game with florida on Saturday, jumped on a plane and headed to Georgia for a recruiting trip.
I'm just guessing, but could be:
Super 60
GA 2013 PF Jarquez Smith
Lists TN as a college of choice on Rivals.
Looks really good on ESPN site.
Do your thing zjc.

Strengths:
Smith is a great looking young prospect with surprising skill level. He has shown the ability to play as a face-up 4-man with range out to the 3-point line and is improving his back-to-the-basket skill set. He is a good runner/jumper with length and has the potential to be a dominant rebounder and shot blocker. He has decent lateral quickness and moves his feet well when defending on the perimeter.

Weaknesses:
Smith will benefit from a good strength development program and will should become more explosive and fill out physically as he matures. Although he has made great strides in imposing his will on his teammates and opponents he still needs to be more assertive in demanding the ball. He gravitates to the perimeter a little too often and needs to be more of an inside-out threat.

Bottom Line:
Smith's combination of size, length and skill level are unique for his age; as long as he continues to work and improve his overall game he will be a coveted prospect by the high major programs in the Southeast. Because of his tremendous upside Smith has a real chance at developing into the top player in Georgia's 2013 class.

ESPN

Other schools: Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Florida State

From the summer: "He is a physical specimen who has the perfect lean and long basketball build. Smith is showing skills that we had not seen before. He is a solid ball handler for a post player and a streaky shooter with range to 20 feet. He has a good-looking stroke and is confident in his shot. Smith's skill, size and potential make him a big-time prospect in the 2013 class, but now he must turn into a top-notch player by putting his talent to work and being ultra-productive on the court."

Has visited Ga. Tech. Early favorite.

This kid is going to be a stud.

Derek Reese had a huge game with CCM in attendance today. 15 points (10 in 4th quarter) and 18 rebounds en route to a win.

Derek Reese had a huge game with CCM in attendance today. 15 points (10 in 4th quarter) and 18 rebounds en route to a win.

He's the only recruit I haven't liked inking, but I'm not a college basketball coach.

Cory Stanton walking on at Tn as Point guard.
Guy was coached by the Springfield Rifle in HS and had some really big scoring games.
.8 assists in college doesn't impress me for a PG.
Anyone got any inside on him and can CCM turn him into a PG option next year and get golden where he needs to be at SG?

Rated 85 on ESPN out of HS
October, 2009: In his first real summer on the recruiting circuit, Stanton made believers out of everyone that had ever questioned his ability and skill level on the hardwood. Lightning quick with a ridiculous first step, this pass first point guard showed off the charts leadership ability and carried an average ...

Zo offered him at MS.
Rated 7th player in state of TN out of HS.

Last edited:
Cory Stanton walking on at Tn as Point guard.
Guy was coached by the Springfield Rifle in HS and had some really big scoring games.
.8 assists in college doesn't impress me for a PG.
Anyone got any inside on him and can CCM turn him into a PG option next year and get golden where he needs to be at SG?

Rated 85 on ESPN out of HS
October, 2009: In his first real summer on the recruiting circuit, Stanton made believers out of everyone that had ever questioned his ability and skill level on the hardwood. Lightning quick with a ridiculous first step, this pass first point guard showed off the charts leadership ability and carried an average ...

Zo offered him at MS.
Rated 7th player in state of TN out of HS.

Pass first PG is not accurate at all.

He was a very good scorer in high school. But not a good shooter. Athletic and very quick. In high school he got to the basket whenever he wanted. That was where his points were generated. I am not saying he cant pass. I am saying he was always a scorer. Now in college he is going to have to adapt to being more of a distributor because his lack of an outside shot is going to limit his scoring in college.

He was a very good scorer in high school. But not a good shooter. Athletic and very quick. In high school he got to the basket whenever he wanted. That was where his points were generated. I am not saying he cant pass. I am saying he was always a scorer. Now in college he is going to have to adapt to being more of a distributor because his lack of an outside shot is going to limit his scoring in college.

this seems about spot on with what i have gathered and assumed from looking at his stats. he was probably far more athletic and quicker than his competition in hs so most of his points are probably from inside like you said. in college he is not going to be able to do that nearly as often, especially if you dont have a 3 pt shot to keep the defense honest. i really dont see this guy making a big impact on the team but i do hope that i am wrong.

Does anybody have anything on Jonathan Williams iii? Will Jarnell influence him to come to Knoxville?

Maymon, McBee, Hall, and Miller are all Juniors not Seniors

Thanks, hope this changes, he is the PG we need

He was talking about 2013.

And no, he's not IMO. Landry is the guy. Jones is a very good scoring PG that Martin doesn't want.

Oh ok, Im just wrong all the way around, LOL!

I like Jones, hope you're right though.

Coaching staff were in Memphis tonight:

Just hours after the UConn win UT coaches are at the Penny Hardaway Classic in Memphis checking in on JWIII, King, Hubbs, and Nichols among others. Other schools represented are UNC and Georgetown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back