The Golf Thread

Getting out for first time in a long time tomorrow morning. Growing up played a my dad once a week. Havent played a him in a year now.

How was your round?

Me and Jonesey played Champions run Friday. It was pretty windy and we were pretty bad. The 1st hole is only about 305 and I drilled it off the tee box. I was about 15 yards out and left my pitch short. Putted from the fringe and left that short. Then missed my short par put.

15 yards away and I bogey:banghead2::banghead2:

Goal for 2012: upgrade my short game from absolutely pathetic and laughable to just pretty damn bad.

Last edited:
How was your round?

Me and Jonesey played Champions run Friday. It was pretty windy and we were pretty bad. The 1st hole is only about 305 and I drilled it off the tee box. I was about 15 yards out and left my pitch short. Putted from the fringe and left that short. Then missed my short par put.

15 yards away and I bogey:banghead2::banghead2:

Goal for 2012: upgrade my short game from absolutely pathetic and laughable to just pretty damn bad.

85. I am the worst driver of all time. Either a snap or a block every time.

85. I am the worst driver of all time. Either a snap or a block every time.

Well drivings not everything... I hit 8 of 15 Fairways using my driver on a pretty windy day and I was getting pretty good distance as well. YET I only had 1 GIR the whole damn round and that was on a Par 3.

I'm hitting too far behind the ball with my irons and yanking everything 20 yards left. Except for the 7 Iron I shanked trying to get cute with a shot. I need to hit the range BAAAAD!

Well drivings not everything... I hit 8 of 15 Fairways using my driver on a pretty windy day and I was getting pretty good distance as well. YET I only had 1 GIR the whole damn round and that was on a Par 3.

I'm hitting too far behind the ball with my irons and yanking everything 20 yards left. Except for the 7 Iron I shanked trying to get cute with a shot. I need to hit the range BAAAAD!

Yeah my timing was way off. Hit my shirt irons well and putted and chipped okay.

the key is getting to play on it..
I moved onto one here, and between the cost and the weather it really hasn't helped my game

I don't know if anyone else here that follows the PGA would be interested in joining my yahoo fantasy golf league. If you are interested send me your email and I'll shoot you an invite.

I'm such a golf mental midget. -1 thru 10 today at a tough course. Playing out of my mind. 90 yds out on 11 with my $ sw in my hand and elevated green. In my wheelhouse. We ran into a foursome and I watched these guys chunk shot after shot as I waited. I saw at least 16 shots from them in the next couple of minutes. I choked and never recovered. Ended up at 82.

Mental effing golf midget.

I'm such a golf mental midget. -1 thru 10 today at a tough course. Playing out of my mind. 90 yds out on 11 with my $ sw in my hand and elevated green. In my wheelhouse. We ran into a foursome and I watched these guys chunk shot after shot as I waited. I saw at least 16 shots from them in the next couple of minutes. I choked and never recovered. Ended up at 82.

Mental effing golf midget.

Maybe you played over your head for 10 holes.

Going back to the stack and tilt...don't know what else to do. I used to be a 4 handicap, now I'm a 13 playing like a 20. We'll see what happens at 10:30.

Never been a fan of stack and tilt but a lot of people are. Maybe I'm just not coordinated enough

What is that?

Basically a swing theory that has you stacking your shoulders and hips over the ball rather than transferring weight right and left while turning. Not a bad fix if you have trouble swaying or staying on the ball throughout the swing.

Basically a swing theory that has you stacking your shoulders and hips over the ball rather than transferring weight right and left while turning. Not a bad fix if you have trouble swaying or staying on the ball throughout the swing.

Too much thought for me. Keeping my right elbow fairly tight through the entire swing and my chin behind the ball are reminders for me. If I do both well, I'll hit it well and long. For whatever reason, mainly beer, I'll forget for several holes, my head will pass the ball on contact, and my rt elbow will flail out causing a pull or a cut if I cast. The lapses are the reason why I don't have a lower handicap. I had 4 birdies yesterday, but got rattled. My confidence lowered and I started focusing on me blowing it, rather than my head and rt elbow. By the time I relaxed and refocused, it was too late.

Going to be a nice day tomorrow, then rain the rest of the week. Think I might try to make a day of it. Golf/Jed's/Vandy game. Maybe go out to Ted Rhodes for 18.

VN Store

Back