'12 GA RB Mike Davis (USCe commit)

Mike Davis is surprised and asking what happened with Tennessee and Redding on Twitter. Redding response was "too many inside program problems".....Sh*t.

Last edited:
I have said it before and I will continue to say it until he signs elsewhere...I believe that Davis is going to be a Vol. The reason is because of when he de-commited...immediately after his OV (which was completely unexpected) to UT. Also, Skeeter has said numerous times that MD continues to have constant contact with CJG. The last thing is how he keeps making all these quotes to different media outlets that he has made his decision, and you hear UGA, USCe, and others' names being used as places of possible destination. However, he has never mentioned UT, except as being in his top 5...sound fishy to you? I think he is trying to hype everyone else up and down-play UT, so that when he signs with us, it is a so-called "huge" surprise. As many have said, he is playing the game, like Gabe Wright. I think he knows how thin we are in the backfield, especially with the quality of RBs. He knows he would be a huge improvement and get carries from day 1. The coaches have probably also told him that they are going after Bourque as well, because we need to sign 2 high-quality backs that compliment each other, such as MD and Bourque. I am not insider...don't get me wrong. Just sitting here and thinking about all of the information and events that have happened since MD's OV and de-commitment. Don't bash me, but am hoping he is VFL.

At least your points are solid. I think Croom and Peterman staying in his ear is helpful too. I like our chances with him, but I'm hesitant to be too hopeful until he tips his hand a little more.

Figured id share. Keithon twatted I'm not commited to it anymore and mike Davis said"woah what happened?"

Last edited:
I've been following Davis for a month now. I really don't think we land him (obviously I hope I'm wrong), but apart from immediately starting I'm not sure why the optimism?

Someone know something I don't? I hope so...

I've been following Davis for a month now. I really don't think we land him (obviously I hope I'm wrong), but apart from immediately starting I'm not sure why the optimism?

Someone know something I don't? I hope so...

No. People are just being overly optimistic. I have not read or heard one thing that has linked UT as being Davis' favorite. I know Davis visited UT, but I have no reason to believe UT is the favorite. There is much more smoke around Davis and UGA or USC.

I have no idea why people are optimistic.

No. People are just being overly optimistic. I have not read or heard one thing that has linked UT as being Davis' favorite. I know Davis visited UT, but I have no reason to believe UT is the favorite. There is much more smoke around Davis and UGA or USC.

Thanks fellas, I hope we get him, but I don't want to hold my breath. It makes NSD a terrible one for me when I get overly excited. I try to keep my expectations low so I can be giddy afterwards.

He decommitted RIGHT after his UT visit, and some on here allege that he talks with CJG constantly. That's enough smoke to warrant some cautious optimism, IMO.

He decommitted RIGHT after his UT visit, and some on here allege that he talks with CJG constantly. That's enough smoke to warrant some cautious optimism, IMO.

That does warrant optimism. If that is in fact true, then that still leaves us in the running. The decommit didn't really mean much to me, regardless of it's timing.

On ESPN Insider today:

Georgia in the lead for Davis?

Within days of decommitting from Florida, four-star running back Mike Davis (Stone Mountain, Ga./Stephenson) picked up offers from Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia to go along with the dozen or so offers he already had on the table.

If he were to pick his college destination today, his choice might come from one of those three late offers.

"I've been asked who I would commit to at the moment out of all my visits and I've said UGA," Davis said.

Davis, who rushed for 1,918 yards and 21 touchdowns this season, has only taken an unofficial to Georgia but will make an official visit on Jan. 20. He's also scheduled to visit Clemson on Jan. 13 and South Carolina after that.

Davis, the No. 17 running back in 2012, will likely make his decision on Jan. 31. He'd give Georgia two of the top running backs in the nation, as it already has a commitment from Keith Marshall (Raleigh, N.C./Millbrook), the nation's No. 2 back.

Probably UGA's to lose. He will play it out to the end and hopes to have a big hat party. If the Dawgs already have a player with the number 28 he might disappoint them. I'm not holding my breath for this one. Seems to be another Bryce Brown in the making.

VN Store

Back