breaking: wilcox and sirmon to washington not a rumor

I think we will do better with out Wilcox
Not saying Wilcox isn't a good choice, just that stopping Oregon one time w/an entire offseason to prepare isn't a point on the resume that I care about. Also, I think that was Chip's worst game I've seen as a play caller. I think Blount only had 5-6 touches in the 1st half.

We need a DC who is versatile, tough and smart - someone who recruits, develops players, gameplans well, and adjusts quickly in-game. They're going to see spread offenses and O's that just try to mash you. You have to defend all different types of O's in the SEC That's why it's such a challenge

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know who comes to a program where the HC can't get along with the other coaches or players. The coaches are leaving, some players want out and the HC is getting ready to be fired. You want to take a job at a place like that?

I think we will do better with out Wilcox
Not saying Wilcox isn't a good choice, just that stopping Oregon one time w/an entire offseason to prepare isn't a point on the resume that I care about. Also, I think that was Chip's worst game I've seen as a play caller. I think Blount only had 5-6 touches in the 1st half.

We need a DC who is versatile, tough and smart - someone who recruits, develops players, gameplans well, and adjusts quickly in-game. They're going to see spread offenses and O's that just try to mash you. You have to defend all different types of O's in the SEC That's why it's such a challenge

That game made Wilcox...otherwise, you don't picture defense when you talk about Boise State.

Anyone else find it odd he told a recruit Khalid Henderson to look at other schools, then wilcox and sirmon leaving for WASHINGTON, and now the odd timing of a press conference....I smell firing or resignation

Tennessee’s Derek Dooley parts ways with 2 more Georgia football recruits (UPDATED) | AJC College Sports Recruiting

IF your insight proves true, it might be the most decent thing he's done since he's been here. If you know things are about to get bad and you have the heart to tell a kid go the other way, then you're not such a bad guy imo. OR you could say he's purposely highjacking our class out of spite. Whichever way you look at it, this is a sh#t sandwich. Hopefully things aren't as bad as they appear and Im sure they arent.

Last edited:
This news is certainly interesting... I'm going to wait until the press conference tomorrow before jumping to any conclusions.

Are cheese donkeys something like goldfish...you know those cheesey cracker thingies
Haha even I don't really know. They're whatever you want to make them. A donkey covered in cheese, a donkey made of cheese... the possibilities are endless. But your idea does sound rather delicious.

I know recruiting is a fluid business and things can change on a moment's notice, but the way Dooley is handling prospects just doesn't look good at all . Pick your template, pick your guys that fall into that template and go down the list until you can get what you need to commit. Don't keep offering kids that you aren't satisfied with and then make them scatter to find a new school late in the game. At this rate our GA connections are burning as we speak.

Only reason I'd say to keep Dooley this year is so Rogers, hunter, bray can't transfer; however, were screwed after next year anyways

I actually still believe we can win about 8 games next year....but after that i see us going sub five for years to come if we hold on to Dooley

I honestly don't know which is the better option fire Dooley now and take the risk of setting our program back for years to come, cuz let's face it were not going to get an urban Meyer to come here.....or let Dooley have his fun next year and then our program gets set back

of course Hamilton did everything right in the hires and the way he handled the adversity and firings to build a bright future. Lets name a road after him. I hope and pray Hart will set the men's athletic dept straight before he leaves

This will never end...We're now 100% a stepping stone job, we let Washington come in here and take our coaches for goodness sakes, I got Kiffin. USC was where he got his start and was his "Dream Job", but WASHINGTON!!! WASHINGTON!!!! SMFH.

of course Hamilton did everything right in the hires and the way he handled the adversity and firings to build a bright future. Lets name a road after him. I hope and pray Hart will set the men's athletic dept straight before he leaves

Yeah, the road to the garbage dump!

Hey...and S Carolina wins their 11th game in a season..never done that before.....meanwhile we are getting beat by Kentucky....and watching Vandy and Miss St in their bowl games while we sit home.....Awesome :no:

Hey...and S Carolina wins their 11th game in a season..never done that before.....meanwhile we are getting beat by Kentucky....and watching Vandy and Miss St in their bowl games while we sit home.....Awesome :no:

Yeah its really sinking in today.

VN Store

Back