Running Back
Shelbyville, Tn.
Shelbyville Central
HT: 5'11
WT 185lbs
40: 4.53
GPA: 3.2
Class: 2013

Morton claims interest from Duke, Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee, UCLA, Michigan, & Syracuse. His parents grew up Tennessee fans & want him to stay close to home.

He visited for the UGA game & loved it. Montori Hughes & Eric Gordon are his cousins.

As a Junior Morton had 181 Rushes 1,288 Yards & 17 TD's, 20 Receptions 285 Yards 4 TD's.

Rivals
Scout
Soph. Film

Last edited:
pretty slow 40 time for a guy that size imo. just sayin :hi:

But has he been in a real strength & conditioning program? And is he done growing? Probably no and no. If he's still running 4.5 at 200 lbs then I'm pretty sure measurables alone will get him looked at. A lot of kids get their peak speed in their Senior season anyways.

Running Back
Shelbyville, Tn.
Shelbyville Central
HT: 5'11
WT 185lbs
40: 4.53
GPA: 3.2
Class: 2013

Morton claims interest from Duke, Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee, UCLA, Michigan, & Syracuse. His parents grew up Tennessee fans & want him to stay close to home.

He visited for the UGA game & loved it. Montori Hughes & Eric Gordon are his cousins.

As a Junior Morton had 181 Rushes 1,288 Yards & 17 TD's, 20 Receptions 285 Yards 4 TD's.

Rivals
Scout
Soph. Film

I have known his family my entire life and they are great people.I would love for a Shelbyville kid to wear the Orange!

This kid was also a complete animal on the defensive side of the ball too. Had 4 ff and 4 ints. 3 of those turnovers return for touchdown. This kid is a definite take for next year IMO, seems to have a real knack to score no matter what position he is playing. And Tyrann Matthieu only runs a 4.51, he's just got that "it" factor. It seems up to UT on just whether or not they want the kid or not. He's pretty much a vol already.

I know we are very interested in two running backs in the 2013 class from Tennessee, Cornelius Elder and Jordan Wilkins, but I'm sure there are more. :good!:

But has he been in a real strength & conditioning program? And is he done growing? Probably no and no. If he's still running 4.5 at 200 lbs then I'm pretty sure measurables alone will get him looked at. A lot of kids get their peak speed in their Senior season anyways.

well made point :hi:

does he have a leader at this point?

he finished the season with 26td's. he has that" it" factor. he's going to the tenn. camp this year. go to you-tube type in mrmarcusmcdonald and click on marquis morton and look at his junior yr.

Last edited:
he finished the season with 26td's. he has that" it" factor. he's going to the tenn. camp this year. go to you-tube type in mrmarcusmcdonald and click on marquis morton and look at his junior yr.

:hi:

Orange is a great color you know.

:hi:

Welcome, work hard, and best of luck!

He's got a ways to go before I would call him SEC ready, but with hard work and determination he can get there. I'm assuming you are kin to him (or you might even be him) so make sure to stay on him. He needs to live in the gym this winter.

I have also heard he doesn't hold Tennessee in too high esteem. I hope that changes.

We've been waiting a long time around here for Central to really become a player in football again. Hopefully, Marquis can really help Central make some noise in the playoffs in 2012.

Reactions: 1 person
This is his moma and u need to stop hating u know.You probably somebody we know hee hee so u must know the stats get lost.

VN Store

Back