iPhone vs. Droid

This bad boy does it for me.

MotorolaPager.jpeg

Word. Good luck finding a pay phone.

I work with a guy that just got a droid & there's not even a way to sign out of his email. It's something he really wanted to do but there is no option. I guess if he wants it bad enough he can reset his phone & start over, I'm sure that will be fun.

Sign out? Only way to remove the original gmail address used is to factory reset.

Don't want it fetching emails any more? Just turn off the sync for that address.

You aren't 'signed in' to any service. It's just grabbing mail, not keeping you signed into anything. Pretty much the same as an iPhone or any other phone.

Say I was going to try out a DROID on the AT&T network, which one should I try?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Sign out? Only way to remove the original gmail address used is to factory reset.

Don't want it fetching emails any more? Just turn off the sync for that address.

You aren't 'signed in' to any service. It's just grabbing mail, not keeping you signed into anything. Pretty much the same as an iPhone or any other phone.

Yea he wants to sign out for whatever reason & should be able to. I guess he doesn't want anybody looking at his emails or something. Should be an easy no brainer for any OS. I can do it on my iPhone.

this is the one I should save my upgrade for

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4AhTiQkWwk[/youtube]

Yea he wants to sign out for whatever reason & should be able to. I guess he doesn't want anybody looking at his emails or something. Should be an easy no brainer for any OS. I can do it on my iPhone.

It takes roughly 0.5 seconds to select the option to stop receiving emails from an account on my Droid. It takes slightly longer to put a password on that app to keep anyone from changing any settings. You've also talked about size being a problem for you. My Droid has the same screen size as an iPhone which is easily usable in one hand. Remember not all droids are 4" screens.

I've posed this question twice now with no response, but what can the iPhone do my cheap Droid can't?

It takes roughly 0.5 seconds to select the option to stop receiving emails from an account on my Droid. It takes slightly longer to put a password on that app to keep anyone from changing any settings. You've also talked about size being a problem for you. My Droid has the same screen size as an iPhone which is easily usable in one hand. Remember not all droids are 4" screens.

I've posed this question twice now with no response, but what can the iPhone do my cheap Droid can't?

Obviously you can't simply log off emails without having to jump through hoops which is pretty much the case with every "better" feature with droid. FYI I told him he could lock it but he wanted to sign completely out. Not like it was a far fetched request but there was no option to do it. Screen size is not a big deal. I had initially wanted the new iPhone to have it but was gonna get it regardless. After holding a bigger phone I was somewhat relieved it stayed the same. As far as what you can do with your droid it's pretty much everything I can do with mine minus Siri & signing out of emails. iPhone just does it better.

I'm grabbing the Galaxy Nexus for Christmas (provided it's released by then)

I think it'll be out by then. Latest is pointing to a possible Dec 15th date from a Costco flyer.

I'm jealous. An incredible piece of hardware for sure. Verizon is trying to bastardize it by removing Google Wallet but it's still a real beaut. I'm thinking other carriers wont remove gwallet when they get it next year.

Obviously you can't simply log off emails without having to jump through hoops which is pretty much the case with every "better" feature with droid. FYI I told him he could lock it but he wanted to sign completely out. Not like it was a far fetched request but there was no option to do it. Screen size is not a big deal. I had initially wanted the new iPhone to have it but was gonna get it regardless. After holding a bigger phone I was somewhat relieved it stayed the same. As far as what you can do with your droid it's pretty much everything I can do with mine minus Siri & signing out of emails. iPhone just does it better.

Not having emails sent to the phone is logging out as far as I'm concerned and is done by clicking my account name choosing settings and unsyncing. Easy enough. And Sirius is only slightly more advanced than vlingo on my phone. Sirius still seems to miss a lot of statements when I've seen it used

Oh yea, and my phone was free.

Not having emails sent to the phone is logging out as far as I'm concerned and is done by clicking my account name choosing settings and unsyncing. Easy enough. And Sirius is only slightly more advanced than vlingo on my phone. Sirius still seems to miss a lot of statements when I've seen it used

Oh yea, and my phone was free.

I'm sure it was free most are. Logging off emails should mean you have to log back in to view or send. Regardless not an issue I have. Siri not sirius is more than slightly advanced than anything droid offers voice control wise don't kid yourself.

I'm sure it was free most are. Logging off emails should mean you have to log back in to view or send. Regardless not an issue I have. Siri not sirius is more than slightly advanced than anything droid offers voice control wise don't kid yourself.

God man it's like i made love to an iphone and got you instead of herpes. It's truly comical how into this you are!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back