iPhone vs. Droid

Face it. The iPhone is the smartphone by which all others are measured.

The android does have a bigger screen...........for the visually handicapped.

J/k.....they are both pretty awesome little handheld devices.

Lol. Total idiotic post. Simplicity is part of what makes iPhone the best & there's plenty of tinkering to do to set everything how you want it. The only thing you said that might possibly be right is web capability but I even doubt that it's better or significantly better. I don't have to use the web that much because most everything is built into the iPhone's superior apps but when I do use the web I don't have any problems. FYI I would rather be doing other things than CONSTANTLY having to tinker with settings to get the most out of my phone.

I was busy typing a response until I remembered that you like your steaks well done.

I was busy typing a response until I remembered that you like your steaks well done.

I like a variety of steaks & like them prepared a variety of ways. I can also drink coke or Pepsi, sprite or Sierra mist, bud light or PBR among others. I guess I got it like that.

wait, so iphone apps don't access the web to get their info?

customizing electronics is becoming more and more popular as people get more educated and want more than manufacturers are willing to provide. There are those that want it to work the same way out of the box and those that want to be able to make the phone their own

wait, so iphone apps don't access the web to get their info?

customizing electronics is becoming more and more popular as people get more educated and want more than manufacturers are willing to provide. There are those that want it to work the same way out of the box and those that want to be able to make the phone their own

You're able to customize any smartphone & yes obviously a lot of apps utilize the Internet.

No, I've got everything set up quite nicely and it still kicks the ****piss out of my iPhone. I can enjoy browsing literally any website I choose with faster speeds than iPhone and doing literally anything on social networking faster.

No, I've got everything set up quite nicely and it still kicks the ****piss out of my iPhone. I can enjoy browsing literally any website I choose with faster speeds than iPhone and doing literally anything on social networking faster.

Typical Apple hater

I've got apps that take the place of most websites & my iPhone 4S is plenty fast. Guess what I can also view any website I choose but don't have to because of apps.

I like Apple just fine. I had two iPhones over the course of more than a year and liked it fine. I just like my Droid better because I can do more with it.

What can you do on a droid that you can't do on an iPhone that makes it better?

What can you do on a droid that you can't do on an iPhone that makes it better?

Larger screen, faster CPU, faster network speeds, literally limitless possibilities on UI customization, better camera. I've had one hardware issue so far which was resolved same day, I had three hardware issues between two iPhones so the reliability is a wash.

The only thing iPhones have is slightly better app support, and customer service depending on where you live, but I live fairly close to a service center so if I have any issues I can get them resolved just as easily as going to the Apple store.

My friend has an iPhone 4S and we sat and compared them for a couple hours at the bar a few weeks ago. There wasn't a single function his phone could do that mine couldn't do at least as well or even better, the only difference is iOS's slicker, cookie-cutter interface.

And I don't fiddle and tinker with my phone out of necessity, I do it like when I'm sitting on the train or in a lobby or something. I could leave it alone and be just fine.

I think Apple has proven they are far more than a computer company & I haven't ever had a problem with customer support from Apple or AT&T. If anything both go above & beyond what I expected. Flash would be nice but I don't feel like I've lost anything without it. Not sure what issue you could have with iTunes especially now. I'll take superior form & function of the iPhone over a couple insignificant bells & whistles any day.

I'm just telling you what your precious customer service representatives told me over the phone verbatim. As for what you think, that's nice.

Larger screen, faster CPU, faster network speeds, literally limitless possibilities on UI customization, better camera. I've had one hardware issue so far which was resolved same day, I had three hardware issues between two iPhones so the reliability is a wash.

The only thing iPhones have is slightly better app support, and customer service depending on where you live, but I live fairly close to a service center so if I have any issues I can get them resolved just as easily as going to the Apple store.

My friend has an iPhone 4S and we sat and compared them for a couple hours at the bar a few weeks ago. There wasn't a single function his phone could do that mine couldn't do at least as well or even better, the only difference is iOS's slicker, cookie-cutter interface.

And I don't fiddle and tinker with my phone out of necessity, I do it like when I'm sitting on the train or in a lobby or something. I could leave it alone and be just fine.

Larger screen is a preference & varies from droid to droid as well as other hardware components. IMO the iPhone is pretty much the perfect size to function as a phone & offer everything else. Not sure about a better camera either. My 4s takes pretty good pics. Faster network is also subjective & depends on quite a few factors. I fiddle with my phone too & learn something new all the time.

I'm just telling you what your precious customer service representatives told me over the phone verbatim. As for what you think, that's nice.

The majority of folks will disagree with your customer support statement especially on the Apple side. I've had AT&T drop all kinds of stuff off my bill numerous times because of silly things my kids had done. What I think is nice, thanks.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone, but have played with both and think both are great. Then again I came from Blackberry, so I was just excited to have an app store that wasn't overflowing with just word processors and email managers.

Larger screen is a preference & varies from droid to droid as well as other hardware components. IMO the iPhone is pretty much the perfect size to function as a phone & offer everything else. Not sure about a better camera either. My 4s takes pretty good pics. Faster network is also subjective & depends on quite a few factors. I fiddle with my phone too & learn something new all the time.

If I have a phone that is faster and better than an iPhone, then that is a credit to Android however you want to slice it. Also, if you live anywhere with a building larger than ten stories in the area, the network speeds are faster.

That's nice that you learn new stuff. Customization on an iPhone is painting by numbers, with Android it's a Rembrandt.

I have an iPhone, but have played with both and think both are great. Then again I came from Blackberry, so I was just excited to have an app store that wasn't overflowing with just word processors and email managers.

I hear that. Just bought a second hand Motorola Droid for $20 for my girl to replace her Blackberry clickscreen whatchamacallit. What a piece of crap.

Lets see, until this past year the iphone could not create a wifi hot spot, without jailbreaking it and voiding the warranty, droids been doing it for years. With Google dropping serious money in the Android world, the best is yet to come with droids

If I have a phone that is faster and better than an iPhone, then that is a credit to Android however you want to slice it. Also, if you live anywhere with a building larger than ten stories in the area, the network speeds are faster.

That's nice that you learn new stuff. Customization on an iPhone is painting by numbers, with Android it's a Rembrandt.

True dat'.

Everything you say is subjective or just not true. Faster speeds. The iPhone 4s has been just as fast as many 4G android devices. Better? Subjective again. No iPhone has ever been buy 1 get 1 free. Demand for a new droid has never been remotely close to that of a new iPhone. Nothing subjective about my last two statements those are pure facts. Customization? Not sure exactly what you mean. I can arrange my apps, set wallpaper, manage notifications, etc etc etc.

So what you're saying is that it's easier to customize an iPhone? Wouldn't that be better?

Also, can't believe all this discussion between the two and no reference to Siri as yet. She is just fabulous.

That said... pick up any reporting on electronics sales (and more importantly any trend forecasting of electronics sales) and Android is kicking everyone's azz. Blackberry is obviously the biggest loser and is becoming irrelevant, but Apple is also losing market share to Google's OS in both the smartphone and tablet markets.

Everything you say is subjective or just not true. Faster speeds. The iPhone 4s has been just as fast as many 4G android devices.
False.

Better? Subjective again. No iPhone has ever been buy 1 get 1 free. Demand for a new droid has never been remotely close to that of a new iPhone.
Apple is the only manufacturer that has that level of a stranglehold on their product from factory to shelf. The only reason there hasn't been deals on iPhone is because Apple will not let retailers make deals. I've sold Apple products before, I know how they work.

Also, there's this thing called marketing. Apple happens to be brilliant at it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the product itself.

Nothing subjective about my last two statements those are pure facts. Customization? Not sure exactly what you mean. I can arrange my apps, set wallpaper, manage notifications, etc etc etc.
They are incorrect facts.

And the last part is cute.

Forget notifications and wallpapers. You can literally change everything on an Android. You can make the whole thing act like a Windows (or Mac) desktop if you like.

That's what I want. The Apple one size fits all cookie cutter layout is perfectly fine for most people who are either technologically illiterate or don't want to be bothered to think about their phone. I don't mean that negatively, it's a perfectly legitimate concern people have when phone shopping. I wanted a faster phone that I could tailor more to my liking, so the Droid fit the bill.

So what you're saying is that it's easier to customize an iPhone? Wouldn't that be better?

Also, can't believe all this discussion between the two and no reference to Siri as yet. She is just fabulous.

That said... pick up any reporting on electronics sales (and more importantly any trend forecasting of electronics sales) and Android is kicking everyone's azz. Blackberry is obviously the biggest loser and is becoming irrelevant, but Apple is also losing market share to Google's OS in both the smartphone and tablet markets.

Yes, Apple does offer an easier to use interface. The obvious trade off is some imposed limitations on what you can do with it, and there are plenty.

I think the last bit is simply due to the variety of products Android OS is available on.

VN Store

Back