iPhone vs. Droid

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
I had a HTC Incredible for 14 months. Just "upgraded" to an iPhone 4S. After having it for two weeks, Droid >>>>>> iPhone. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
I had a HTC Incredible for 14 months. Just "upgraded" to an iPhone 4S. After having it for two weeks, Droid >>>>>> iPhone. JMO

I think everyone has their own preference to what they are comfortable with. I had an iPhone 3GS and while waiting on my 4S to come in, I got a Droid for a month to use. I did not like it at all, mostly because I was so used to the iPhone's settings, etc.

I'm gonna give it a few more weeks but right now I'm leaning towards trading for a Droid again. The funny thing is I wanted an iPhone for forever but I've had Verizon for years. My last upgrade, the iPhone wasn't out yet which caused me to go with Droid in the first place.

Iphone has better battery life than a Droid
Droid will load and run flash on websites, Iphone won't
Both have tons of apps for download
Both can have email set up on them
It really comes down to what all you want your phone to do before you can decide which one is best for you.
For work, it is difficult to beat the battery life of a Blackberry, but BB has no wow factor

I have an iPhone and love it, the only problem is not being able to download free music...damn iTunes.

I think it boils down to whichever you get adapted to first. I see the advantages of the Droid and still prefer my iPhone.

The company I work for has launched apps for the Iphone, Droid and the Ipad to search and navigate our site.

The Iphone App was the first to be created
Last year the Droid App was created

Downloads of our Droid App has now surpassed the Iphone App

I think it comes down to personal preference as to which is best, both have strong points and weaknesses.

I prefer streaming music myself. I have a lot of songs on my pc that I haven't bothered to put on my iPhone. I guess I like the randomness of the streaming. Every droid I have ever touched just seems terrible. Scrolling is not as smooth. It's not as user friendly. A guy I work with linked his email on his droid & there's not even an option to sign out if he chooses. Seems like I heard a few weeks ago there was some major issue with Flash & how they said Steve Jobs was right all along. I guess once you get use to something it's hard to change but iPhone will always be best in my book.

The thing is most Droid users have never had an iPhone & don't have a clue. I know a few people that went with droid from iPhone & every single one hate it & end up going back to iPhone. There are always gonna be those anti-Apple folks that won't admit iPhone is the best no matter what.

I once had an iphone, and when I called customer support with a variety of issues, they told me that Apple was more of a "computer" company and couldn't fix all the phone issues. So I called AT&T, and they blamed it on Apple. Couple that with all the restrictions of itunes and no flash, Droid was an easy choice. After using them both, I like the Droid better, but as others say it still comes down to preference. Each has its strengths.

I once had an iphone, and when I called customer support with a variety of issues, they told me that Apple was more of a "computer" company and couldn't fix all the phone issues. So I called AT&T, and they blamed it on Apple. Couple that with all the restrictions of itunes and no flash, Droid was an easy choice. After using them both, I like the Droid better, but as others say it still comes down to preference. Each has its strengths.

I think Apple has proven they are far more than a computer company & I haven't ever had a problem with customer support from Apple or AT&T. If anything both go above & beyond what I expected. Flash would be nice but I don't feel like I've lost anything without it. Not sure what issue you could have with iTunes especially now. I'll take superior form & function of the iPhone over a couple insignificant bells & whistles any day.

The thing is most Droid users have never had an iPhone & don't have a clue. I know a few people that went with droid from iPhone & every single one hate it & end up going back to iPhone. There are always gonna be those anti-Apple folks that won't admit iPhone is the best no matter what.

I had an iPhone for nearly a year and a half (3GS then 4), now have a Samsung Incite with Droid OS and think the Droid is completely superior. Internet capabilities, applications, OS configuration, you name it and Droid does it better.

It comes down to this: If you're lazy and can't be bothered to fiddle around with your phone and want it to do everything for you in a slick package that anybody with room temperature IQ can figure out, then get an iPhone.

If you're the sort that's constantly tinkering and fiddling with settings or prefer the absolute best web capability out there, then Droid wins.

I had an iPhone for nearly a year and a half (3GS then 4), now have a Samsung Incite with Droid OS and think the Droid is completely superior. Internet capabilities, applications, OS configuration, you name it and Droid does it better.

It comes down to this: If you're lazy and can't be bothered to fiddle around with your phone and want it to do everything for you in a slick package that anybody with room temperature IQ can figure out, then get an iPhone.

If you're the sort that's constantly tinkering and fiddling with settings or prefer the absolute best web capability out there, then Droid wins.

Lol. Total idiotic post. Simplicity is part of what makes iPhone the best & there's plenty of tinkering to do to set everything how you want it. The only thing you said that might possibly be right is web capability but I even doubt that it's better or significantly better. I don't have to use the web that much because most everything is built into the iPhone's superior apps but when I do use the web I don't have any problems. FYI I would rather be doing other things than CONSTANTLY having to tinker with settings to get the most out of my phone.

VN Store

Back